Stuff that happened to you that doesnt deserve a thread

Anneries

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Moderators: Please delete if you feel it is not appropriate or single threads should be started.

Hi, on another forum that I used to frequent, we had a thread like this. It was quite popular, as it was a place to chat about random stuff, make general observations or sometimes just vent a little. But without creating a thread. You cannot go off topic on this thread as it doesn't or shouldn't have a topic. I had a couple of instances the past two weeks, where I needed something like this and decided it might be time to start a thread like this. This is not a vape-mail or a "Lols" thread, but rather a "I just had a almost fatal moment when x happened" or a "I just saw the following celeb vaper" type of thread.

Last edited:
I'll start!

I bought an RBA for my TFV8 Big Baby with appropriate glass at Vape Fest on Saturday... came home, built the coil, took the glass out........ its meant for the Baby :-@:-@:-@:-@:-@

I just stood in an hour long queue to renew my license only to be told that I needed to verify the address that they sent it to with a rates or electric acc.
One form to verify another.:confused:
Then to top if off the cashier thought I should come back later today so that I presumably could get punished with "peak hour" traffic.
This is why my puff counter climbs. :D

verify the address that they sent it to with a rates or electric acc.
The same thing happened to me end of last year, got to the offices early, still stood in a cue for longer than I wanted, just to be told that I need proof of address. "But uhm ... I got this letter at the address you sent it to" doesn't satisfy their sadistic needs.

Ok, now that I will not be the first one to reply to my own thread. The main reason for this thread, is. Last night after I dripped some of the Jelly monster, I all of a sudden got a "atomizer low" warning. I opened up, checked all screws was tight, still the same warning. Unscrewed the atty, checked everything is clean, screwed it back in. Same error. After about 20 minutes checking and trying I gave up and decided to rebuild. I was confused, as I was using this build since the weekend and it was solid 0.2ohms since the moment I put it in.
Anyways, long story short, when I removed the cotton I found a small piece of wire touching both the positive and negative sides of the build deck. The only explanation I have for this is that when I rebuild the Moonshot, and I clipped the wire, a small piece must have achieved the 1 in million change of scoring a goal into the driptip of the mutation x v5. When I dripped it must have moved all the way down.
This was quite scary. Imagine this was on a mech.
So moral of the story, be careful when you build. This could have ended badly for me if it was on a mech.

I just stood in an hour long queue to renew my license only to be told that I needed to verify the address that they sent it to with a rates or electric acc.
Then to top if off the cashier thought I should come back later today so that I presumably could get punished with "peak hour" traffic.

Thanks for the headsup man... My license expires end of April... guess you saved me some puffs.

Someone (I think it was @Anneries ) in one of the posts he was talking about the use of a Vit B12 injection to improve energy levels. Went for a physical yesterday and convinced my Doc to give me one. Glad to report it works. Its not like drinking a Red Bull or such, just that dead tired feeling I got by the end of a hectic day is gone and I actually have the motivation to attend to my domestic chores without griping about it.

Someone (I think it was @Anneries ) in one of the posts he was talking about the use of a Vit B12 injection to improve energy levels. Went for a physical yesterday and convinced my Doc to give me one. Glad to report it works. Its not like drinking a Red Bull or such, just that dead tired feeling I got by the end of a hectic day is gone and I actually have the motivation to attend to my domestic chores without griping about it.
Did you also get that hectic taste in your mouth afterwards. The taste that is identical to the smell, which is ... shall we say... unpleasant.

Did you also get that hectic taste in your mouth afterwards. The taste that is identical to the smell, which is ... shall we say... unpleasant.
Was that what it was!?:blush: Yes had a funny taste as you said, could not quite place it though. I've mixed worse.

Totally worth it though.

Regards

I have had a fair amount of injections but that B12 stings like a bee atch. Then again considering that my wife normally gives it to me (she is qualified), maybe it's not the injection but the injector.

I have had a fair amount of injections but that B12 stings like a bee atch. Then again considering that my wife normally gives it to me (she is qualified), maybe it's not the injection but the injector.
Nope, it stings alright! still feels bruised even now. But compared to some of the other "procedures" I've endured, this was the least of my worries.

I read a thread about stuff that happened to me that doesn't deserve a thread, then chuckled at the possible paradox of posting in such a thread.

I was then chased around my house by a iridescent blue wasp -while I screamed like mildly excited teenage girl. It eventually flew out an open window, so maybe it wasn't chasing me at all but simply wanted directions to the nearest exit, I am now probably known as a helpful guy among the iridescent blue wasp community, the wasp will tell it's parasitic children about me and my name will become a curse from the lips of the spider in which said parasitic children are inserted.

I then read a first hand account of a father whose toddler was both a super genius and completely ripped apart by schizophrenia, and now I am reading all the studies dealing with whether we are a simulation, as well as the Fermi paradox.

I am now posting in this thread.

I screamed like mildly excited teenage girl.
Sounds like me when I tried to take a photo of a rain spider. I actually picked it up, put in on the table. When it charged me I almost dropped my camera while letting out a teenage girl scream. Good times.

The same thing happened to me end of last year, got to the offices early, still stood in a cue for longer than I wanted, just to be told that I need proof of address. "But uhm ... I got this letter at the address you sent it to" doesn't satisfy their sadistic needs.

Whilst attempting to renew my vehicle license I got pulled out of a short queue by a very helpful lady at the traffic dept.Very proactive I thought to have someone check all your papers before you eventually get to the counter and end up frustrated.Reason I was pulled out was because I didn't have a pink FICA form,I did explain I'd been checked by them recently,but to no avail.Anyway she even fills the form in for me and I rejoin at the back of what is now a very long queue.One hour later I'm at the front.Lady behind counter checks the documents and her PC,then ask me why Ive filed in the pink FICA form "you don't need this you've done it recently" she says screwing the form up and tossing toward file 13 :-@:-@:-@:rocket::rocket2:

I read a thread about stuff that happened to me that doesn't deserve a thread, then chuckled at the possible paradox of posting in such a thread.

I was then chased around my house by a iridescent blue wasp -while I screamed like mildly excited teenage girl. It eventually flew out an open window, so maybe it wasn't chasing me at all but simply wanted directions to the nearest exit, I am now probably known as a helpful guy among the iridescent blue wasp community, the wasp will tell it's parasitic children about me and my name will become a curse from the lips of the spider in which said parasitic children are inserted.

I then read a first hand account of a father whose toddler was both a super genius and completely ripped apart by schizophrenia, and now I am reading all the studies dealing with whether we are a simulation, as well as the Fermi paradox.

I am now posting in this thread.
I lol'ed so hard. Thanks @Feliks Karp

My thing that doesn't deserve a thread but I am super impressed.

Scar 6weeks post Carpal tunnel surgery
15537658ae469214778a41054856b0cc.jpg

I lol'ed so hard. Thanks @Feliks Karp

No thank you, usually the village just chases me with pitchforks and torches, so I must be making progress to have some one laugh at me. I recently read The Secret, and it is currently propping up my desk so the better posture must be helping my approach-ability. Also kief scar!

Been like this for over a year now, any car or driving licence renewals need proof of address every time you renew. Much the same as dealing with any bank or opening any new account.

I commend this action, have been burnt in accidents by drivers with no physical address too many times.

Has anyone else taken a lungfull (out of habbit ofcorse) only to realise . . . "this is a kak spot to pump a cloud" . . . Leaving you awkwardly holding your breath hoping for the best

Too often

Just made use of a discount code for an online purchase for the first time. Usually I see the option to enter a discount code but have no clue on how to obtain one. Found this one on the Clyroninx threads on this forum. Awesome, made a 26% (15% on price and some free stuff) saving and feeling rather chuffed with myself right now.

Regards

(Edit: Hope I am allowed to do this, apologies to the mods if not: https://www.ecigssa.co.za/discount-quiz-15-off-of-all-flavour-concentrates.t35726/
Hurry, this ends today! Thanks @Geoff )

Last edited:
:CROSSCROSS: Just found out our Smoking Policy at work was amended to include vaping. It actually says : "... this includes e-cigarettes." So when I was approached, I told them it is NOT an e-cigarette, e-cigarettes are those little batteries that looks like a cigarette with a LED that lights up.

But that did not help. Now they will probably review it again to specifically state, vaping.

So through a series of common-to-felix events, my cellphone died, insurance dragging their feet, and on Saturday Eskom cut in to the underground Telkom cables, leaving me an entire week without the ability to contact anyone, if communication technology ever falls over, we are so fucked. I had almost no way of communicating what so ever, felt like I was on a raft in the sea.

So through a series of common-to-felix events, my cellphone died, insurance dragging their feet, and on Saturday Eskom cut in to the underground Telkom cables, leaving me an entire week without the ability to contact anyone, if communication technology ever falls over, we are so fucked. I had almost no way of communicating what so ever, felt like I was on a raft in the sea.

Shees dude, hope everything is resolved quickly. Technology has become such a major part in our lives that it is difficult to imagine how we survived without it. We try to switch off all IT for at least an hour a day. That is easy enough, because you know it will be there when you need it case of emergeny or once the time is up. BUT if it is switched off out of your control it is frustrating to say the very least.

Anyways. Good luck, at least you could vape!

Shees dude, hope everything is resolved quickly. Technology has become such a major part in our lives that it is difficult to imagine how we survived without it. We try to switch off all IT for at least an hour a day. That is easy enough, because you know it will be there when you need it case of emergeny or once the time is up. BUT if it is switched off out of your control it is frustrating to say the very least.

Anyways. Good luck, at least you could vape!

Almost didn't haha Telkom stuffed up Eskom's cables when they went in to fix their cables :eek: and so the cycle of misadventure continues.

Back