Support period from vendors

is this a reasonable request?

• Total voters

Jakey

Reonaut ;)
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
It works on my nerves when a new device (Mod or Atty) is brought in with all the hype that surrounds it, only to have the vendor i purchased the item from tell me a minth or two down the line that they dont have stock for coils at the moment and they not sure when they will be bringing more in. Yes they are perhaps in stock at other vendors. But that turns iut to be an inconvenience.

So my question is:

Should there be a guaranteed support period from vendors assuring us that they will stock these items for a set period. Be it a month, 2 months, 6 .... 12....

It works on my nerves when a new device (Mod or Atty) is brought in with all the hype that surrounds it, only to have the vendor i purchased the item from tell me a minth or two down the line that they dont have stock for coils at the moment and they not sure when they will be bringing more in. Yes they are perhaps in stock at other vendors. But that turns iut to be an inconvenience.

So my question is:

Should there be a guaranteed support period from vendors assuring us that they will stock these items for a set period. Be it a month, 2 months, 6 .... 12....

For sure bud they should, they dont need to keep huge amounts of stock. But there should be coils available i would say for at least a year.

Not sure if it's viable for a vendor to keep a years worth of coils in stock, and how many coils are enough for a year? They don't know if the stock will sell or not. The option of ordering more coils for customers (hassle free), should be the guarantee.

I'm being sympathetic as I ran my own business once, which relied on importing stock, and it was nightmarish.

So my question is:

@Jakey

What device did you buy that you need coils for?
When did you buy it?
When did it reach SA for the first time?

On the same note, what is the warranty period on a new device from vendors?
ie: button not working or faulty mod

On the same note, what is the warranty period on a new device from vendors?
ie: button not working or faulty mod

I think it depends on the vendor @GregF
If you want to get direct feedback from vendors on this type of issue, feel free to start a thread in the "who has stock" subforum

@Jakey

What device did you buy that you need coils for?
When did you buy it?
When did it reach SA for the first time?
My lemo 3 for example, the vendor i bought it from doesnt stock the coils for it anymore, and its only a few months old.

Not sure if it's viable for a vendor to keep a years worth of coils in stock, and how many coils are enough for a year? They don't know if the stock will sell or not. The option of ordering more coils for customers (hassle free), should be the guarantee.

I'm being sympathetic as I ran my own business once, which relied on importing stock, and it was nightmarish.
Fully agree with you, the guarantee should be the option of ordering more, hassle free. But being told "not sure when we'll get more" is unacceptable in my books

Fully agree with you, the guarantee should be the option of ordering more, hassle free. But being told "not sure when we'll get more" is unacceptable in my books

Fully agree bud it is unacceptable, vendors should be able to give you a option of ordering coils, cause all they meed to do is pop in a box or two of coils with along with their orders of new goods.

This is also a reason why im not a fan of tanks.

I could understand the problem sitting with stock that doesn't sell, but still a local supplier should take responsibility for what they sell. I expect support if the supplier punted this product off on me and will be upset if I returned next week and can't use my product because they no longer stock a necessary component for me to use it. Unless this was a special order where I request the supplier to bring it in for me, the responsibility to support a chosen product is with the supplier. Comes down to business is business and sympathy rarely fits in there. This being said, I don't think a supplier can be held responsible for stock shortages (very popular products) or discontinued products (natural technology evolution).

I could understand the problem sitting with stock that doesn't sell, but still a local supplier should take responsibility for what they sell. I expect support if the supplier punted this product off on me and will be upset if I returned next week and can't use my product because they no longer stock a necessary component for me to use it. Unless this was a special order where I request the supplier to bring it in for me, the responsibility to support a chosen product is with the supplier. Comes down to business is business and sympathy rarely fits in there. This being said, I don't think a supplier can be held responsible for stock shortages (very popular products) or discontinued products (natural technology evolution).
True, true ... customer service is absolutely the first priority. And with this in mind, making sure 'spares' are available is the vendor's responsibility. As is providing a warranty and providing customers with sealed genuine products unless otherwise stated.

I just remember what is was like when the postal strike was on ... don't think I will ever recover :p

@Jakey

Sorry to hear about lack of coils for the Lemo3

I dont know the Lemo3 - I thought it was a rebuildable - lol

I do think your thread title could perhaps be reworded to more accurately describe what you are referring to. I dont see it as a "guarantee" but rather as a "support period" of a particular device

I do agree with you that vendors should try to stock the coils of a particular device they are selling for a while after the device has stopped being sold or stopped being in favour. Vendors that dont do that will probably just lose goodwill with customers - as what seems to have happened in your case.

At the moment, there are so many devices coming out all the time. I sometimes wonder how the vendors decide on what to stock and what to continue supporting. Must be quite a challenge.

Hope you find what you looking for @Jakey

And happy new year!

I have an almost brand new Defiant tank by COV that has been a paper weight since it was two weeks old. Fried one ceramic coil, used the other for two weeks, and no coils anywhere. Even the thread started by someone else in 'who has stock' yielded no responses. I feel a little like the vendor stiffed me with this purchase.

I have an almost brand new Defiant tank by COV that has been a paper weight since it was two weeks old. Fried one ceramic coil, used the other for two weeks, and no coils anywhere. Even the thread started by someone else in 'who has stock' yielded no responses. I feel a little like the vendor stiffed me with this purchase.

Is that tank still being sold by any vendors @Viper_SA ?
When did you buy it?
What does the vendor say that you bought it from? Can they get you more coils?

Thats terrible.
As many vendors will selling the kit.
@Silver it is the tank that comes on the c.o.v mini volt kit.

Not sure if it's still being sold @Silver
Bought it somewhere in May 2016. When no one replied to another member's thread, I just chucked it in a drawer. Maybe the glass will fit anothr tank someday. Might still get some use from it. Never contacted the vendor directly, seems to me they would have replied to a who has stock thread if they had any designs on stocking spare coils.

Bought it somewhere in May 2016. When no one replied to another member's thread, I just chucked it in a drawer. Maybe the glass will fit anothr tank someday. Might still get some use from it. Never contacted the vendor directly, seems to me they would have replied to a who has stock thread if they had any designs on stocking spare coils.

Ok

I have noticed that several vendors do not keep tabs on the Who has stock threads.
Perhaps give the vendor a call or send them a message- maybe they have some coils for you or can get you some.

I wouldnt assume that if they dont reply to the Who has stock thread then they dont have the coils or cant get them.

@Viper_SA Are these not the coils you looking for bud?

http://www.vapeowave.co.za/index.ph...or-mini-volt-coil-selectable-resistances.html

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/cov-defiant-coils.t27766/

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ceramic-coils-for-cov-defiant.t21417/

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/council-of-vapour-defiant-ceramic-coil.t23500/

One vendor sort of replied, but not very encouraging. I bear what silver is saying, but we might as well close the who bas stock section if no one keeps tabs on it. Just my view

But the post above i posted is that the right coils bud?

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ceramic-coils-for-cov-defiant.t21417/

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/council-of-vapour-defiant-ceramic-coil.t23500/

One vendor sort of replied, but not very encouraging. I bear what silver is saying, but we might as well close the who bas stock section if no one keeps tabs on it. Just my view

They are still used by several vendors from time to time so no point in closing it when it does add value on occasion

Sorry for your situation but hope you manage to find some coils.

So my question is:

Just buy a crap load from Fast tech.

Back