The Golden Days

If you could choose the decade of your birth? Give at least 1 reason.

• Baby boomers (46 - 64)

• Generation X (65 - 80)

• Millennials (81-95)

• Generation Z (95-2010)

• Generation Alpha (2010-2025)

• Later?

• The Greatest Generation

• The Silent Generation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grand Guru

The Vape Guru
LV

Awards
I’m going to start with myself. I’m born in the 70s. I wish I were born 20 years earlier to witness the extravaganza of the 60s and 70s, the music, the great technological advancement. I think the 30 years that followed WW2 were some of the most prolific periods in human History. Same as the the first 30 years of the last century but without the wars and the Great Depression...

I won't say I wanted to, but I like the '20' s to
' 44' s. The cars, music clothes. Etc. From what I've seen depicted and read in books and stuff I would have loved to be there. I was. Also born in the 70's.

My parents were Baby Boomers, my siblings and I are all Gen-X (like the Vaporesso Model), my wife is a Millennial, my kids are Gen-Z.

Having had the influence of pre-boomers and boomers, growing up and living through 4 generations and more to come I am quite content with being a Gen-X baby. The things I have experienced, it is all historical events to say the least and I would not want to have missed any of it.

I am a 60's child but relate more to the 70's and 80's especially in the area's of music and motorbikes.

As for when I would like to be born if I could choose, it would be the future.

I am a 60's child but relate more to the 70's and 80's especially in the area's of music and motorbikes.

As for when I would like to be born if I could choose, it would be the future.
The future! I honestly doubt it's going to be better...

You're missing a few generations there wrt my aspirations, namely; The silent generation and; The greatest generation
I'm a Baby Boomer born in 1960, and spent most of my primary and secondary formative years with my Grandparents, (by choice), and would have to say that the Post War / Silent Generation / Greatest Generation would be my choice, their values were on point!
That said, I love my life! ... my generation is largely responsible for the innovation and technologies that we currently enjoy, and ... our cars and music was waaaaaaaaaaay better than everything that followed generationally.

I excluded those 2 on purpose unless you want to experience the Spanish flu epidemic and 2 World Wars
It did indeed include some nightmare experiences, and it's those very challenges that made them what they were ;) ... We are after all a product of all our life experiences, good, bad, and indifferent :)

I was born in 1955 and I wouldn't want to change that. I've had the pleasure of being taught good manners, common decency and consideration - all of which are somewhat lacking nowadays.

Besides, nothing can beat the music of the late 60s/ early 70s!

I'd say Baby Boomer if not earlier. Could go from Matric to a proper well paid job. And buying a house and car was not going to cripple you financially like today.

Gen Alpha for me. They didn't have Vaping back in the Olden days.....
By the look of things, we may not have vaping (at leat as we know it now) in 10 years time. Big Tobacco is taking over with their shitty products and China is turning into flipping disposable Podland

I was born in 1955 and I wouldn't want to change that. I've had the pleasure of being taught good manners, common decency and consideration - all of which are somewhat lacking nowadays.

Besides, nothing can beat the music of the late 60s/ early 70s!
I really envy your generation!

A bit biased when you look at the poll, there are more wannabe baby boomers there than the rest added together.

I also see myself as a Gen X vs a baby boomer.

What Is Generation X (Gen X)?​

Generation X, which is sometimes shortened to Gen X, is the name given to the generation of Americans born between the mid-1960s and the early-1980s. The exact years that comprise Gen X vary. Some researchers—demographers William Strauss and Neil Howe, for example—place the exact birth years from 1961 to 1981, whereas Gallup places the birth years between 1965 and 1979. But all agree that Gen X follows the baby boom generation and precedes Generation Y or the millennial generation.12

Last edited:
A bit biased when you look at the poll, there are more baby boomers there than the rest added together.

I also see myself as a Gen X vs a baby boomer.

What Is Generation X (Gen X)?​

Generation X, which is sometimes shortened to Gen X, is the name given to the generation of Americans born between the mid-1960s and the early-1980s. The exact years that comprise Gen X vary. Some researchers—demographers William Strauss and Neil Howe, for example—place the exact birth years from 1961 to 1981, whereas Gallup places the birth years between 1965 and 1979. But all agree that Gen X follows the baby boom generation and precedes Generation Y or the millennial generation.12
So what you're saying is that ecigssa has a lot more old fogey members that snot nosed prepubescents :-D

As to definitions of generations, (and outside of the 65536 "standard"? definitions that no one agrees on) ... the hereditary vs. environment argument is probably the most valid. and could skew your personality typing depending on who you spent / spend most of your time with, particularly during primary and secondary formative years, (which will dictate to the better part your stress and social masks).

I spent most of my formative years on my own, usually hanging around in the shadows of peoples back yards peeping in the windows and teasing their pets. (oops wrong forum)

Back