The Vaping Scumbags

Chukin'Vape

Flavour Ninja
LV

Awards
Hello everyone and welcome to the pilot edition of The Vaping Scumbags. This isn’t South Africa’s first weekly vaping podcast but we believe that it is one of a kind. This isn’t just a hardware or juice review show, it’s not just about building coils or DIY mixing. Instead we aim to tackle a wide range of subjects that will be of interest to the broader community of vapers.

We’ll be looking at industry and community news, new gear and juices, we’ll be testing some recipes and giving you flavour notes as well. We’ll have regular guests in from the SA vaping scene and we’ll also fill you in about specials being run by vendors around South Africa. Finally, we’ll chat about issues that pertain to vaping in general, things like health and regulation and design trends. So hopefully you’ll find something of value each week. The show is geared towards South African viewers but we trust that viewers from beyond our borders will also find value in the show.

This show was founded on the principle that your time is precious and we don’t want to waste it. So here is what the show isn’t about: it’s not a clique in which we shout out our homies in chat constantly. It’s not a live show where you have to sit waiting while we sort out technical issues live. It’s not a cloud-chucking or tricking brotherhood where we show off our mad vaping skills, nor is it a vehicle to shill our careers outside of vaping. It’s not a show that we want to drag out. Quite the opposite, we want to make it as punchy and concise as we can. So we pre-record and edit it towards that goal.

Why the Vaping Scumbags? It’s a long story but we all belong to a vaping group called the Vaping Scumbags. And once you’re a scumbag, it sort of sticks and you kiss your dull, dreary pre-scumbag existence goodbye. It’s like being in Goodfellas just with less gratuitous violence and Bronx accents.

Those of you who are members of the ECIGSSA forum will probably know us already.

i

Scumbags
@DanielSLP @RichJB @Clouds4Days @Strontium @Rude Rudi @Stevovapes
@Slick @boxerulez @bjorncoetsee @Scouse45 @Vino1718 @Chukin'Vape @MohVee @spiv @Caveman

Last edited:
Congrats on this guys

Have only watched the first 20 mins up to the end of the Bobas piece because I need to get going for the day. Will watch the rest another time.

Firstly, its so awesome to see you guys and hear you on the vid. Howzit @Chukin'Vape , @DanielSLP and @RichJB ! Lekker man!

Great one, am looking forward to warching the rest and future vids.

Just some comments
That star wars intro is so cool. Loved the music but the text that scrolls is not easily visible
I like the three people on the video at the same time. Makes it so interesting.
Jees man, did you have to start your first show with that cancer risk scare. Got me worried. Lol

PS - dont tease Bobas, its a great juice ;-) at the time it was so unusual and tasty that it made a huge impression on me and several others.

Congrats on this guys

Have only watched the first 20 mins up to the end of the Bobas piece because I need to get going for the day. Will watch the rest another time.

Firstly, its so awesome to see you guys and hear you on the vid. Howzit @Chukin'Vape , @DanielSLP and @RichJB ! Lekker man!

Great one, am looking forward to warching the rest and future vids.

Just some comments
That star wars intro is so cool. Loved the music but the text that scrolls is not easily visible
I like the three people on the video at the same time. Makes it so interesting.
Jees man, did you have to start your first show with that cancer risk scare. Got me worried. Lol

PS - dont tease Bobas, its a great juice ;-) at the time it was so unusual and tasty that it made a huge impression on me and several others.

Thanks @Silver - the intro was only for the pilot, im sure on a higher quality youtube setting it might look a tad better.

Think we might consider making the news section a bit lighter, but we will be chatting about whatever is news at the time. The cancer topic was rough I agree, but we need to chat about it.

@RichJB called Boba's #retrohypejuice :-D, at that price I would like to buy like 1ml from someone who imported it. Hahahaha

Thanks for watching @Silver

Hello everyone and welcome to the pilot edition of The Vaping Scumbags. This isn’t South Africa’s first weekly vaping podcast but we believe that it is one of a kind. This isn’t just a hardware or juice review show, it’s not just about building coils or DIY mixing. Instead we aim to tackle a wide range of subjects that will be of interest to the broader community of vapers.

We’ll be looking at industry and community news, new gear and juices, we’ll be testing some recipes and giving you flavour notes as well. We’ll have regular guests in from the SA vaping scene and we’ll also fill you in about specials being run by vendors around South Africa. Finally, we’ll chat about issues that pertain to vaping in general, things like health and regulation and design trends. So hopefully you’ll find something of value each week. The show is geared towards South African viewers but we trust that viewers from beyond our borders will also find value in the show.

This show was founded on the principle that your time is precious and we don’t want to waste it. So here is what the show isn’t about: it’s not a clique in which we shout out our homies in chat constantly. It’s not a live show where you have to sit waiting while we sort out technical issues live. It’s not a cloud-chucking or tricking brotherhood where we show off our mad vaping skills, nor is it a vehicle to shill our careers outside of vaping. It’s not a show that we want to drag out. Quite the opposite, we want to make it as punchy and concise as we can. So we pre-record and edit it towards that goal.

Why the Vaping Scumbags? It’s a long story but we all belong to a vaping group called the Vaping Scumbags. And once you’re a scumbag, it sort of sticks and you kiss your dull, dreary pre-scumbag existence goodbye. It’s like being in Goodfellas just with less gratuitous violence and Bronx accents.

Those of you who are members of the ECIGSSA forum will probably know us already.

Scumbags
@DanielSLP @RichJB @Clouds4Days @Strontium @Rude Rudi @Stevovapes
@Slick @boxerulez @bjorncoetsee @Scouse45 @Vino1718 @Chukin'Vape @MohVee @spiv

Great guys - a bit heavy on our poor bandwidth here in Nigeria, but the first half was very informative.

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Like the hardware section ..... not big on DIY so ..... skipped through the rest LOL

@RichJB damn uncle you do proper research ......

Subscribed :)

Definitely want to watch this once I get home. Sounds interesting. :)

Nice work gents! Can never have enough podcasts to play while mixing, subbed up.

Only disappointment was that @RichJB wasn't wearing a pacman ghost cosplay as he always said he looked just like his profile...

I watched the whole video last night and wanted to thank you all for putting this together :campeon:

Not only was it nice to get to see the face behind the usernames, but I also found it to be very informative and enjoyed the variety of topics covered.

@RichJB you mentioned that the negative effects of the aldehydes was more prominent at higher temps - was there any indication of where that tipping point is - in other words, is there a limit (e.g. 50w) below which the risk is significantly less?

Really looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for your kind words, @Lawrence A. From what I've read, it isn't an on/off type of situation where no bad stuff is produced below x temp, then suddenly starts above that temp. It seems more like a parabola in which linear temp increases result in almost exponential increases of harmful components.

Too many researchers (Goniewicz et al) have found the same thing - that increasing the power through a reference coil increases every chemical we don't want in vapour - for me to dismiss it as paid propaganda or flawed methodology. Yes, some studies went into dry hit territory which is obviously ridiculous and we can ignore their figures. But even pro-vaping researchers like Goniewicz have said that you really want to watch your temps and vape as cool as you possibly can.

It's not a function of absolute wattage as 60W through a low resistance setup is very different from 60W through a super-ohm MTL setup. But for every coil, it holds good - lowering the power going through the coil = safer.

Although, again, the final conclusion is that whatever nasties we are inhaling from vapour, we'd be getting far, far more of it in tobacco smoke. So even if you blow through 60ml of juice in a scorchingly hot vape every day, you're still nowhere near tobacco levels of harm.

Thanks for your kind words, @Lawrence A. From what I've read, it isn't an on/off type of situation where no bad stuff is produced below x temp, then suddenly starts above that temp. It seems more like a parabola in which linear temp increases result in almost exponential increases of harmful components.

Too many researchers (Goniewicz et al) have found the same thing - that increasing the power through a reference coil increases every chemical we don't want in vapour - for me to dismiss it as paid propaganda or flawed methodology. Yes, some studies went into dry hit territory which is obviously ridiculous and we can ignore their figures. But even pro-vaping researchers like Goniewicz have said that you really want to watch your temps and vape as cool as you possibly can.

It's not a function of absolute wattage as 60W through a low resistance setup is very different from 60W through a super-ohm MTL setup. But for every coil, it holds good - lowering the power going through the coil = safer.

Although, again, the final conclusion is that whatever nasties we are inhaling from vapour, we'd be getting far, far more of it in tobacco smoke. So even if you blow through 60ml of juice in a scorchingly hot vape every day, you're still nowhere near tobacco levels of harm.
Perfectly stated @RichJB.
I have downloaded the video to watch at my leisure.
Question - why have we not seen any of your own recipes posted in our threads? Or have I missed them?

I haven't got around to posting them. There is always something I want to fix or improve and then I move on to other profiles. I should just knuckle down and finish one of them, get it to the point where I don't feel I can improve it any further. That takes a lot of work but I don't want to release any half-baked recipes that are OK but not anything noteworthy.

I haven't got around to posting them. There is always something I want to fix or improve and then I move on to other profiles. I should just knuckle down and finish one of them, get it to the point where I don't feel I can improve it any further. That takes a lot of work but I don't want to release any half-baked recipes that are OK but not anything noteworthy.
Hehe, the tweaking never stops! Looking forward to your first one.

Yeah, many thanks to Zain for taking the time to join us and share his expert insights on the flavour and juice sectors.

Back