thefogvlog

Tagging some DIY Peeps, might be something of interest to some of you?

@Rude Rudi @rogue zombie @Raindance

Tag a friend if you think they would like our DIY mixer reviews, stay tuned for more[/USER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm that lemonade sounds pretty lekker, especially if used as a base for something a bit more risky? Like a party punch or something. Gooi some super sweet and maybe 1% WS-23 and a robust fruit. And then vodka of course :D

Hmmm that lemonade sounds pretty lekker, especially if used as a base for something a bit more risky? Like a party punch or something. Gooi some super sweet and maybe 1% WS-23 and a robust fruit. And then vodka of course :D
I will share a remix Ive done using this Base, its a really solid recipe with alot of possibilities!

I will share a remix Ive done using this Base, its a really solid recipe with alot of possibilities!

Awesome, that would be great. I'll clear my cart so long so I can line up the new flavours I need. I don't have any of those lol :(

Had a few puffs of @Dietz's mix Saturday or was it Sunday??? a week ago and was pleasantly surprised. When I see lemon and Lime or anything Coconut in a recipe I can not help but cringe. From my ill-guided experiments the experience is that coconut turns to suntan lotion very quickly and lemon and lime can get pretty nasty as well.
The thought of combining the two is stomach turning to say the least.

Examining the recipe a bit closer the fact that the coconut is a Candy and not pure coconut probably makes it a softer more palatable concentrate and at 1% restricts it from becoming overbearing. The surprise is however that the main ingredient, Cap Lemon and lime, does not sit front and center in the final profile but rather plays nicely and in harmony with the other ingredients. Not sure if it is the fizzy sherbet that subdues the Lemon and lime and ties the whole lot together or if the Cap Lemon and lime is just way tamer than the TFA version which I found difficult to subdue. The Fizzy Sherbet is an unknown to me so hard to judge which does what.

Overall from the sneak preview it is a mix worth trying myself with confidence. Now all that is needed is a vendor that has stock of all three concentrates.

Regards

Hmmm anything I've mixed before with CAP lemon and lime tasted to me like Sunlight liquid.

I still have a tester of a guava lime candy mix I made about 4 months ago which I dread to even give another go.
But guess theres hope for Lemon and Lime

Hmmm anything I've mixed before with CAP lemon and lime tasted to me like Sunlight liquid.

I still have a tester of a guava lime candy mix I made about 4 months ago which I dread to even give another go.
But guess theres hope for Lemon and Lime
Wow those are 2 very bold flavors, I would never have tried to get them together, They both add a bit of harshness or Thoat hit to the mix.
What % did you mix them at @franshorn

You know that granadilla flavoured soda in the shops? I cant remember the name. That one...
Granadilla Twist! That has always been my favorite!
0000447_Schweppes-Granadilla-Twist_625.jpeg

Your comments on this recipe is quite strange as when Im looking at the ingredients, It does look like it can work well?

I would try mixing this, but I would amend the following in my batch:
Cactus lower to .25 or .3%
Lime (INW) - remove
Pitaya down to .4% (as ive never used this Dragon fruit)
Super sweet at .25% (just personal preference on candies and Fruits)

The last two above could be whats altering your flav profile? I have not used either of the last 2 concentrates, so cant comment on what they do in the mix.

Guys i've changed the thread to the First Rule Podcast thread - I'm going to make this thread a video library. Make sure you tag all your mates that are straight up recipe chasers. (just dont add more than 3 at a time)

In this episode myself, Richard & Deetz mix up 6 of EdibleMalfunction's recipes - found two banging recipes, one blueberry and one strawberry. We also find a recipe that still needs some work.

@franshorn, Manson's Guava Lime Candy recipe has been nuked by Inawera changing the formulation of Inw Lime. I'll let Joel give you the details:

So it's not a recipe that you will be able to make anymore.

In this episode, myself, Deetz & Richard run through the tech that Juul is looking into for age verification - we also run through the history of the company and recent controversy.

In this episode we mix up 6 recipes, Richard finds a recipe that he will mix up again and I talk about my favourite Strawberry Milk recipe - and we talk about MrBurgundy's hottest mixes.

Back