Would you like to see a review of the Profile RTA and RSA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arthster

Elite Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Let me begin with saying this is not a review nor an endorsement but a personal journey of discovery.

I am also not punting my ideas or saying that everyone else is wrong. These are my Opinions and Only my opinions. I am in no way trying to say that your device is dated and you should get a mesh tank or dripper.

For the last almost 2 weeks I have been playing with to Mesh systems. both of them being the Wotofo Profile series. For Squonking I have used the Profile RSA (Rebuildable Squonking Atomizer) and for my tank vape I have been using the Profile Unity RTA.

both these heads have an almost Identical build deck and also wicks the same for the most part. I am not going to go into details with regards to building as this is not a product review.

Though I would be more than happy to do one for each, just let me know and I'll give it a go.... HEY Look at that i'm a poet and i didn't even realize.

firstly going from coil only to mesh only was actually a lot easier then I thought it would be... for one simple reason... I FREAKING LOVE MESH... Flavor, temperature, cloud density, vape consistency... There is not one single thing I can say that would be a negative towards it.

I know some people say it dries you out more. That's possible I am not going to call BS on it but for me... I would say it's no worse than a decent clapton build.

So here are a couple of things that I noticed.

1. More Flavor and Consistent flavor... the same flavor all the time
2. More cloud for less battery. I am getting thick dense beautiful clouds... at 50watt. the closest I got to that was single flat 26G Kanthol and that came with a 80watt price tag.
3. Ease of build. Really it is simple... Granted I am using precut mesh. I will come back to this once I found a spool of A1 Kanthal and Stainless Mesh.

As a note I have not done TC on mesh because I do not have stainless mesh as yet.

4. Longevity. I had the same build running for just over a week before I did a pitstop and to be honest it was a waisted stop. the cotton was still fluffy and clean and the buildup on the mesh wasn't at all bad. None of the mesh holes where gunged or anything like that.
5. Smooth... this one is hard to explain but some juices gives me a throat grind like i am vaping on 18mg through an RDA yet none of those juice gave me nearly as bad a throat hit on the mesh... Maybe because the vape is denser... I honestly can't explain this one. but I had no problem with chain vaping 6mg on the RSA... apart from the obvious @Silver
6. Juice comes alive. By this i mean I can actually taste the sub tones and what's in the juice so much more clearly. sweetners are in your mouth not just the back of your throat. it's hard to explain but I tasted flavors that I never noticed before...
7. This one is important to me... No spitback... none nothing not a drop... This is probably one of the big things for me. I hate the hot ball of juice making touchdown... I carry on through it and I suck it up... but it doesn't mean i like it. With mesh I have not had a single drip of spitback.
8. Temperature... what do you prefer? because you can have them all. seriously up or down the wattage to find your vape temp... Love it.
9. RSA Warns you... Yeah the squonker actually lets you know that you need to squonk because the next one is going to sting a little. I do appreciate that because i forget to squonk until I get reminded that I was suppose to squonk.

Concerns:

Ok so I have 1 concern.
1. Dry hits.... no, you can't call it a hit... it's more of a Dry... Pile Drive Jump from the 5th floor and get hit by a 18 wheel truck before slamming you face first into the pavement... hit... Trust me don't do it. I do not recommend it... nope nope nope... (This was done in simulation to see what to expect.)

I wasn't expecting that... :shake:

Then there is apparently a fire risk. Some guys on the youtube recones if you crank up dry cotton with mesh to about 110watt then there is a chance that you can suck a flaming ball of hamster fur into your lungs... im thinking... yeah no shit. I also have to say that I have only had partial dry hits. What do I mean by a partial dry hit? Well I don't have a name for what actually happens.
For mesh to give of a meshy good vape the entire strip of mesh needs to touch the cotton. If you have an arb random spot about 0.5 x 0.5mm that cotton is NOT touching, the mesh creates a hot spot that feels like a dry hit. this has happened to me but only on the edge of the mesh. a little nudge of the cotton with a tweezer sorts that problem in no time at all.

In conclusion. If by now you haven't noticed, I absolutely love mesh on RSA and RTA. I think I would be vaping these for a pretty long time.

In MY opinion... I have found the ever elusive unicorn vape. I am sure in time something better will come round but for now, I have found the vape that I have been chasing for a very very very long time. Some of the older guys on the forum will remember that I love my custard but could never vape it because custard vapes burnt my throat... well that's not a problem anymore... I am 1.5liters into a 3 Liter custard DIY.

Thanks for reading and remember to let me know if you would like me to do a review on the Profile RSA and RTA

You may now throw flowers, braziers or cash.

Last edited:
Hi Arth. Thanks. What a great article. I am SO looking forward to your review on the Unity Rta. I bought myself one at Vapecon cause off the price and man am I glad my budget was that tight. Comparing to my Zeus X I can't put the Unity down for 1 minute. Every single drag in the Zeus I am longing the Unity. The flavour, the smoothness, the cloud... I am vaping now only 1.2 months so a Newby, but man... this is good. From my very first wick(after a couple YouTube videos) I only had joy. Thanks again for your forum. Best off good clouds...

Hi Arth. Thanks. What a great article. I am SO looking forward to your review on the Unity Rta. I bought myself one at Vapecon cause off the price and man am I glad my budget was that tight. Comparing to my Zeus X I can't put the Unity down for 1 minute. Every single drag in the Zeus I am longing the Unity. The flavour, the smoothness, the cloud... I am vaping now only 1.2 months so a Newby, but man... this is good. From my very first wick(after a couple YouTube videos) I only had joy. Thanks again for your forum. Best off good clouds...

Great stuff. I am really glad your enjoying the RTA. I will most certainly do a review over the weekend and include some pictures of my build as well.

I don't know if you have already tried it. But next time close down the airflow on the RTA to about 3 open holes. That's my all day every vape airflow.

I support you 100%.
I have converted to mesh and will never go back.

2 profile RDA's
1 profile RTA
2 kylin M mesh RTA's

Now there is still a little "Unicorn OMG" moment waiting for you that is gonna blow your mind.
Wait till you use SS 316 - 200 grid mesh.
The flavor, cloud and experiance is next level

In the image below the SS 316 - 200 is on the right

425b053c011a9edbd8685fb214edb21b.jpg
39d183bf816481e385f36b819d8bdce0.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank you @Blends Of Distinction. and thanks for the kind words. I was actually going to ask for recommendations on which mesh to get.

I will most definitely be on the lookout for 200mesh SS.

Great stuff. I am really glad your enjoying the RTA. I will most certainly do a review over the weekend and include some pictures of my build as well.

I don't know if you have already tried it. But next time close down the airflow on the RTA to about 3 open holes. That's my all day every vape airflow.
Been using it since Sunday non stop. Maybe done 4 tanks on my Zeus and 120ml on my Unity. IMG_20190901_123629.jpg

Thank you @Blends Of Distinction. and thanks for the kind words. I was actually going to ask for recommendations on which mesh to get.

I will most definitely be on the lookout for 200mesh SS.
You welcome to contact me I have tired SS 316 150, SS 316 200, Ni80 and can give you a run down of them all
I have all these wires here with mesh cut to size, so if you close to Fourways you welcome to pop past and I will give you a piece of each to try

But trust me SS 316L 200 grit is tops
Roughly 0.16 ohm @ 46 - 48 watts
And on the Vaspresso Gen in TC mode it rocks

I have also built a dual mesh parallel coil cutting the strips thin which is also good

Last edited:
I hate you guys.

By saying it's so much better than the Zeus (I love the Zeus) y'all got me convinced to get a mesh device.
It is but there is a big BUT

On the Profile Unity RTA you have to spend the time to wick it right or it can quickly become your worst nightmare with regards to either dry hits or leaking

It is not my place to compare different RTA's and I am not trying to start a debate here. My recommendation would be, owning both...

If you are not an experianced wicker, is to rather get the kylin M it's top airflow and doesn't leak and is far easier to wick

Flavor and overall vape experiance is almost the same on both

I also don't want to distract from the essence of this thread.
But it was mentioned above that you sometimes get a burnt dry hit taste where a small portion of the cotton is not touching the mesh.
I have discovered that on the Profile Untiy RTA the spring becomes soft after a bit and is not strong enough then to push the cotton up against the mesh.
I found a good work around for this as posted in this thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_tid=58722&share_fid=74789&share_type=t

Great review. I’ve had the same experience, though luckily for me haven’t really had any issues wicking yet, I watch tooo many review videos. I love Flavour and was using the Drop, also got the dvarw dL and then the profile, and now the unity, and I can’t be happier vaping on mesh. The flavour on the RDA is much better than the RTA ,but it’s still really good! I don’t like menthol flavours so much, but sweet vapes fruit or dessert are brilliant! Will be on the lookout for the stainless steel mesh, but then I’ll also need a TC device. Hmmm

You welcome to contact me I have tired SS 316 150, SS 316 200, Ni80 and can give you a run down of them all
I have all these wires here with mesh cut to size, so if you close to Fourways you welcome to pop past and I will give you a piece of each to try

But trust me SS 316L 200 grit is tops
Roughly 0.16 ohm @ 46 - 48 watts
And on the Vaspresso Gen in TC mode it rocks

I have also built a dual mesh parallel coil cutting the strips thin which is also good

Oh wow, OK you have done a bit of research there. I still need to get to that point. I am not 100% sure when I am going to be close to you again. I left Midrand in April last year and moved back to my home town on the Woesrand. But I will most definitely let you know when I am heading back that way.

I hate you guys.

By saying it's so much better than the Zeus (I love the Zeus) y'all got me convinced to get a mesh device.
Well remember like I said in the beginning of the OP. This is all just my opinion and I have never tried the Zeus, so it could change my mind again. One thing i can say is, that you wont be sorry. even if its a mediocre vape for you... its going to be the best mediocre vape you have had. :rofl:

It is but there is a big BUT

On the Profile Unity RTA you have to spend the time to wick it right or it can quickly become your worst nightmare with regards to either dry hits or leaking

It is not my place to compare different RTA's and I am not trying to start a debate here. My recommendation would be, owning both...

If you are not an experianced wicker, is to rather get the kylin M it's top airflow and doesn't leak and is far easier to wick

Flavor and overall vape experiance is almost the same on both

Yeah I agree with the wicking, it can be tricky and it may take a try or two to get right. but once you have it... its solid.

I also don't want to distract from the essence of this thread.
But it was mentioned above that you sometimes get a burnt dry hit taste where a small portion of the cotton is not touching the mesh.
I have discovered that on the Profile Untiy RTA the spring becomes soft after a bit and is not strong enough then to push the cotton up against the mesh.
I found a good work around for this as posted in this thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_tid=58722&share_fid=74789&share_type=t

I just happen to have a spare pen lying around:rofl:

Mine was a stupid mistake. One thing that is important on the tank. is that you need to do a sort of pancake wick. Its got juice holes top and bottom and if you don't do the pancake right the wick tends to cause a little gap at the edge of the mesh. while you building and after you primed the wick. do a couple of test fires and make sure you don't see any red spots. if you don't see red your contact is good.

Great review. I’ve had the same experience, though luckily for me haven’t really had any issues wicking yet, I watch tooo many review videos. I love Flavour and was using the Drop, also got the dvarw dL and then the profile, and now the unity, and I can’t be happier vaping on mesh. The flavour on the RDA is much better than the RTA ,but it’s still really good! I don’t like menthol flavours so much, but sweet vapes fruit or dessert are brilliant! Will be on the lookout for the stainless steel mesh, but then I’ll also need a TC device. Hmmm

Yeah the RDA definitely has more flavor and a smoother draw.
Nice thing with SS... it can also run in wattage mode. unlike the other temp wires.

I just happen to have a spare pen lying around:rofl:

Mine was a stupid mistake. One thing that is important on the tank. is that you need to do a sort of pancake wick. Its got juice holes top and bottom and if you don't do the pancake right the wick tends to cause a little gap at the edge of the mesh. while you building and after you primed the wick. do a couple of test fires and make sure you don't see any red spots. if you don't see red your contact is good.
Yip it's a combination wick.. Wick into bottom juice ports combined with a pancake wick around the top juice holes.
Leaking out the airflow is purely because there is no pancake wick around the top juice holes

Yip it's a combination wick.. Wick into bottom juice ports combined with a pancake wick around the top juice holes.
Leaking out the airflow is purely because there is no pancake wick around the top juice holes

Yip. If you get that combo right... You will taste rainbows.

And for the guys using the Kylin M's.
The chimney is slightly shorter than the profile unity. Using the mesh wire at the same length produces a slightly wet vape with a bit of juice coming into your mouth when chain vaping. This is because the top of the mesh curve is almost touching the top of the chimney restricting the draw and sucking up to much juice.
Quick solution...cut the mesh shorter by cutting off one's side solid end plate. Reduces length by approx. 1mm
Remember to use slightly less cotton cause the inner diameter is now smaller.
Vape will now be smoother and not so wet

No need for a TC mode. SS runs in wattage mode perfectly

Arthster... Just another little tip

When you start cutting these mesh roles to make your strip.

The shorter you cut the strip (length) the less the ohms will become
The narrower you cut the strip (width) the more the ohms will increase

Arthster... Just another little tip

When you start cutting these mesh roles to make your strip.

The shorter you cut the strip (length) the less the ohms will become
The narrower you cut the strip (width) the more the ohms will increase

oh wow, thanks Noted. i thought it was only down to length

Let me begin with saying this is not a review nor an endorsement but a personal journey of discovery.

I am also not punting my ideas or saying that everyone else is wrong. These are my Opinions and Only my opinions. I am in no way trying to say that your device is dated and you should get a mesh tank or dripper.

For the last almost 2 weeks I have been playing with to Mesh systems. both of them being the Wotofo Profile series. For Squonking I have used the Profile RSA (Rebuildable Squonking Atomizer) and for my tank vape I have been using the Profile Unity RTA.

both these heads have an almost Identical build deck and also wicks the same for the most part. I am not going to go into details with regards to building as this is not a product review.

Though I would be more than happy to do one for each, just let me know and I'll give it a go.... HEY Look at that i'm a poet and i didn't even realize.

firstly going from coil only to mesh only was actually a lot easier then I thought it would be... for one simple reason... I FREAKING LOVE MESH... Flavor, temperature, cloud density, vape consistency... There is not one single thing I can say that would be a negative towards it.

I know some people say it dries you out more. That's possible I am not going to call BS on it but for me... I would say it's no worse than a decent clapton build.

So here are a couple of things that I noticed.

1. More Flavor and Consistent flavor... the same flavor all the time
2. More cloud for less battery. I am getting thick dense beautiful clouds... at 50watt. the closest I got to that was single flat 26G Kanthol and that came with a 80watt price tag.
3. Ease of build. Really it is simple... Granted I am using precut mesh. I will come back to this once I found a spool of A1 Kanthal and Stainless Mesh.

As a note I have not done TC on mesh because I do not have stainless mesh as yet.

4. Longevity. I had the same build running for just over a week before I did a pitstop and to be honest it was a waisted stop. the cotton was still fluffy and clean and the buildup on the mesh wasn't at all bad. None of the mesh holes where gunged or anything like that.
5. Smooth... this one is hard to explain but some juices gives me a throat grind like i am vaping on 18mg through an RDA yet none of those juice gave me nearly as bad a throat hit on the mesh... Maybe because the vape is denser... I honestly can't explain this one. but I had no problem with chain vaping 6mg on the RSA... apart from the obvious @Silver
6. Juice comes alive. By this i mean I can actually taste the sub tones and what's in the juice so much more clearly. sweetners are in your mouth not just the back of your throat. it's hard to explain but I tasted flavors that I never noticed before...
7. This one is important to me... No spitback... none nothing not a drop... This is probably one of the big things for me. I hate the hot ball of juice making touchdown... I carry on through it and I suck it up... but it doesn't mean i like it. With mesh I have not had a single drip of spitback.
8. Temperature... what do you prefer? because you can have them all. seriously up or down the wattage to find your vape temp... Love it.
9. RSA Warns you... Yeah the squonker actually lets you know that you need to squonk because the next one is going to sting a little. I do appreciate that because i forget to squonk until I get reminded that I was suppose to squonk.

Concerns:

Ok so I have 1 concern.
1. Dry hits.... no, you can't call it a hit... it's more of a Dry... Pile Drive Jump from the 5th floor and get hit by a 18 wheel truck before slamming you face first into the pavement... hit... Trust me don't do it. I do not recommend it... nope nope nope... (This was done in simulation to see what to expect.)

I wasn't expecting that... :shake:

Then there is apparently a fire risk. Some guys on the youtube recones if you crank up dry cotton with mesh to about 110watt then there is a chance that you can suck a flaming ball of hamster fur into your lungs... im thinking... yeah no shit. I also have to say that I have only had partial dry hits. What do I mean by a partial dry hit? Well I don't have a name for what actually happens.
For mesh to give of a meshy good vape the entire strip of mesh needs to touch the cotton. If you have an arb random spot about 0.5 x 0.5mm that cotton is NOT touching, the mesh creates a hot spot that feels like a dry hit. this has happened to me but only on the edge of the mesh. a little nudge of the cotton with a tweezer sorts that problem in no time at all.

In conclusion. If by now you haven't noticed, I absolutely love mesh on RSA and RTA. I think I would be vaping these for a pretty long time.

In MY opinion... I have found the ever elusive unicorn vape. I am sure in time something better will come round but for now, I have found the vape that I have been chasing for a very very very long time. Some of the older guys on the forum will remember that I love my custard but could never vape it because custard vapes burnt my throat... well that's not a problem anymore... I am 1.5liters into a 3 Liter custard DIY.

Thanks for reading and remember to let me know if you would like me to do a review on the Profile RSA and RTA

You may now throw flowers, braziers or cash.
Sounds like a great idea, that custard DIY sounds good...... It would be cool te hear about mesh coils I think it might be the next step for me

Sounds like a great idea, that custard DIY sounds good...... It would be cool te hear about mesh coils I think it might be the next step for me

I need to work on my custard pecan pie. its not yet there...

yeah mesh is new to me, I got allot to learn but the learning curve is awesome.

Back