Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Twisp Cue - First Impressions

Today I got the Twisp Cue.

It's the new starter kit from Twisp aimed at people wanting something simple and to transition off the stinkies.

It's an all in one device but am reviewing it here in the Clearomiser section. We can move it later.

These are just my initial thoughts and first impressions. Will add more in time as I use it more.

It comes with three different flavoured pods. I took it out the box, inserted the Rebel flavour pod and I was puffing in less than a minute! No fiddling, no filling, just pop in the pod and puff.

Full marks to Twisp for simplicity. It's very neat. Extremely light. Maybe too light, lol. Nice finish. Flat drip tip feels nice.

e0e11845e7d670664edba1f5c76d1ed2.jpg

It auto fires when you inhale. Cool. No pressing of anything. It has a light that goes on when you inhale. The 'e' of Cue lights up.

Ok so how does it vape?

Very nicely! Am quite surprised how much vape comes out of something so light. Rebel tastes glorious. Just like I remembered from my Twisp days, years ago.

This is a mouth to lung vape. Nice and tight. You first inhale into the mouth then you breathe in the vapour. I found it best doing a slow mouth inhale to get as much Vapour into the mouth then taking a quick inhale into the lungs.

I think it scores an A+ for simplicity. Using this is incredibly easy and I can't see anything obvious that could go wrong.

I think it will do rather well as an 'intro to vaping' device for a smoker wanting to transition and not wanting anything complex.

Also, it's well priced. I paid R399 and it comes with the USB charge cable and three pods. I think the pods are about R44 each when you need to buy more.

For me personally though it just feels like the vape is a bit too mild. Definitely feels like a fine Vapour being produced with good flavour but it doesn't give me much throat hit. Rebel is a bit softer and I still need to try the Polar Mint and the tobacco. Then again I do like lots of throat hit so my comments shouldn't put off most Vapers. I think this device produces a lovely smooth flavour filled vape and punches well above its weight.

Will it replace my Evod1?

0fbab1c7d37b3e861b0f9d4fbd6de37a.jpg

It's early days but I dont think so. In my Evod I have what feels like a supercharged vape compared. It's more about the juice though. I have 18mg VM Berry Blaze in there with about 8 drops of menthol concentrate. Punches me nicely. It's the menthol which adds the punch.

Problem with the Cue is I can't put in my menthol because the pods are closed. If Twisp could make us a strong 'Rebel Ice' maybe it would help...

Anyway, enough about me. This is a great device and it works very well straight out the box. I think at the price it's a great device and I will certainly keep on using it in stealth mode and report back on future findings.

Here's a pic of what's in the box. The three pods (some condensation or tiny juice drops in two of them by the way) and the charge cable. Good leaflet.

b3cc61916abc78cd1803dcf02672eb2e.jpg

Last edited:
Twisp Cue - First Impressions

Today I got the Twisp Cue.

It's the new starter kit from Twisp aimed at people wanting something simple and to transition off the stinkies.

It's an all in one device but am reviewing it here in the Clearomoser section. We can move it later.

These are just my initial thoughts and first impressions. Will add more in time as I use it more.

It comes with three different flavoured pods. I took it out the box, inserted the Rebel flavour pod and I was puffing in less than a minute.

Full marks to Twisp for simplicity. It's very neat. Extremely light. Nice finish. Flat drip tip feels nice.

e0e11845e7d670664edba1f5c76d1ed2.jpg

It auto fires when you inhale. Cool. No pressing of anything. It has a light that goes on when you inhale. The 'e' of Cue lights up.

Ok so how does it vape?

Very nicely! Am quite surprised how much vape comes out of something so light. Rebel tastes glorious. Just like I remembered from my Twisp days, years ago.

I think it scores an A+ for simplicity. Using this is incredibly easy and I can't see anything going wrong.

I think it will do rather well as an 'intro to vaping' device for a smoker wanting to transition and not wanting anything complex.

Also, it's well priced. I paid R399 and it comes with the USB charge cable and three pods. I think they are about R44 each when you need to buy more.

For me personally though it just feels like the vape is a bit too mild. Definitely feels like a fine Vapour being produced but it doesn't give me much throat hit. Rebel is a bit softer and I still need to try the Polar Mint and the tobacco. Then again I do like lots of throat hit so my comments shouldn't put off most Vapers. I think this device produces a lovely smooth flavour filled vape and punches well above its weight.

Will it replace my Evod1?
0fbab1c7d37b3e861b0f9d4fbd6de37a.jpg

It's early days but I dont think so. In my Evod I have what feels like a supercharged vape compared. It's more about the juice though. I have 18mg VM Berry Blaze in there with about 8 drops of menthol concentrate. Punches me nicely. It's the menthol which adds the punch.

Problem with the Cue is I can't put in my menthol because the pods are closed. If Twisp could make us a strong 'Rebel Ice' maybe it would help...

Anyway, enough about me. This is a great device and it works very well straight out the box. I think T the price it's a great device and I will certainly keep on using it in stealth mode and report back on future findings.

Here's a pic of what's in the box. The three pods (some condensation or tiny juice drops in two of them by the way) and the charge cable. Good leaflet.

b3cc61916abc78cd1803dcf02672eb2e.jpg

Been looking at this device and hearing great things about it. Been looking at it as my next “stealth Vape” - my question though; will it deliver enough of a kick to satisfy. By kick I don’t mean throat hit, I’m talking more along the lines of nicotine delivery (keep in mind I’m a mild Vaper usually Vaping 3mg) - what do you think?

Been looking at this device and hearing great things about it. Been looking at it as my next “stealth Vape” - my question though; will it deliver enough of a kick to satisfy. By kick I don’t mean throat hit, I’m talking more along the lines of nicotine delivery (keep in mind I’m a mild Vaper usually Vaping 3mg) - what do you think?

Hard to say @pecunium

My throat hit requirement is very high and certainly not normal. I have been vaping on it most of the afternoon and I do feel satisfied (Nic loading wise) but wish it punched a bit more.

I think it will do fine for you if you don't crave that punch from a strong tobacco or that burn from a menthol like i do.

And let's see what happens on the pod flavour variety front. I think with three flavours to choose from it's a bit limiting at the moment.

Hard to say @pecunium

My throat hit requirement is very high and certainly not normal. I have been vaping on it most of the afternoon and I do feel satisfied (Nic loading wise) but wish it punched a bit more.

I think it will do fine for you if you don't crave that punch from a strong tobacco or that burn from a menthol like i do.

And let's see what happens on the pod flavour variety front. I think with three flavours to choose from it's a bit limiting at the moment.

Thanks for that! Will pop into a twisp nearby and grab one and let you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It definitely does deliver the Nic very well. I vape 3mg on which I trick as well. Sometimes vaping 10ml within and hour. And the Cue sits me down with a nic rush after about 10 proper pulls. If I remember correctly the pods are 24mg which I think is what helps it give that good kick. A real winner imo for a stealth vape or people looking to get off stinkies with a simple and familiar device. :)

It definitely does deliver the Nic very well. I vape 3mg on which I trick as well. Sometimes vaping 10ml within and hour. And the Cue sits me down with a nic rush after about 10 proper pulls. If I remember correctly the pods are 24mg which I think is what helps it give that good kick. A real winner imo for a stealth vape or people looking to get off stinkies with a simple and familiar device. :)

I think twisp nailed it on the pricing front as well. Well done to them on that, going to pick one up and give it a run for it’s money ;)

The Cue most certainly delivers the nic... just be careful... you vape it like you would smoke a ciggie... If I vaped it like I do my normal vape I would be Silvered in no time!

@Silver - I also took the Cue for a test flight today. Impressive for such a tiny light device. I agree with your findings. I did sample all 3 flavors when I bought the device, and Rebel is the only one to my liking.

In my case it will be a stealth device only (like long haul fights, etc). Although it delivers nic to my satisfaction (with an acceptable flavor), I don’t think it was ever intended to replace every day vaping. I can see this as good option for a low to medium smoker (maybe up to a pack a day) that want to kick the habit, but only as an interim step

Overall a fair device in my opinion

Sent by iDad from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was waiting for the morning when my vape sensation and taste buds are reset and I can gauge throat hit a bit better

Morning MTL team :

4eb00470a3ade764b71abac64818294f.jpg

I agree with you @RenaldoRheeder. Regarding new Vapers wanting to replace smoking with the Twisp Cue, perhaps this is a good option for light smokers.

If you want that proper throat hit I recall from when lighting up a smoke, then I think the Twisp Cue is going to be a bit light.

Nothing wrong with the device. It works very well and the Rebel pod tastes good. Just that it doesn't give much of a kick. I suspect it has to do with the liquid though. And i stand by my view of adding some menthol to make it "stronger".

But the device is working well and its a lovely small and light stealth device to have in my case for situations where you need to vape and its not suitable to have powerful gear. What i like about it is how small it is, you can cover it all in your hand except the airflow holes and vape and hold - and no one will notice. Also its so light, so it can go in a shirt pocket very easily. And it doesnt look like it will leak at all.

Last edited:
@Silver tried this device out this weekend, and I have to say great job to Twisp for creating a stealthy vape device.

Took me a while to get used to, seeing as though I haven't really been vaping on a MTL device, but I must say that I am quite impressed with the flavor and throat hit one gets from this. I vaped on Rebel 18mg.

Really considering pulling the trigger on this one to add to the collection, however if Twisp could create a refillable pod, that would certainly be a Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

EDIT - great review by the way :D

@Silver tried this device out this weekend, and I have to say great job to Twisp for creating a stealthy vape device.

Took me a while to get used to, seeing as though I haven't really been vaping on a MTL device, but I must say that I am quite impressed with the flavor and throat hit one gets from this. I vaped on Rebel 18mg.

Really considering pulling the trigger on this one to add to the collection, however if Twisp could create a refillable pod, that would certainly be a Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

EDIT - great review by the way :D

Thanks @Nadim_Paruk
Go for it. If you tried it and liked it, then there is no reason not to get it.
As for refillable pods, that would be awesome for people like myself who want to add a bit of menthol to the juice. But i think the sealed pods are the way to go for new vapers.

Will be interesting to see how long a pod lasts.

Agreed @Strontium
They did say 350 puffs of "normal use".
(with the batt lasting 250 puffs) - so about 1.5 batt "loads" per pod.

I have been puffing away most of yesterday afternoon and a bit in the evening - and quite a bit this morning. There's no puff counter (i love puff counters) but I would say I've probably done about 100 puffs.

The batt hasnt gone flat yet and the juice hasnt run out yet.
I did see this morning that the light flashed a few times - I see in the manual that if it flashes it means the batt is low. So assuming it was pre-charged to about half, then my estimate of about 100 puffs is probably quite right.

Am going to monitor how long it takes before the pod runs out and will report back .

Am not however vaping exclusively on it - no way I could do that. Hehe

Agreed @Strontium
They did say 350 puffs of "normal use".
(with the batt lasting 250 puffs) - so about 1.5 batt "loads" per pod.

I have been puffing away most of yesterday afternoon and a bit in the evening - and quite a bit this morning. There's no puff counter (i love puff counters) but I would say I've probably done about 100 puffs.

The batt hasnt gone flat yet and the juice hasnt run out yet.
I did see this morning that the light flashed a few times - I see in the manual that if it flashes it means the batt is low. So assuming it was pre-charged to about half, then my estimate of about 100 puffs is probably quite right.

Am going to monitor how long it takes before the pod runs out and will report back .

Am not however vaping exclusively on it - no way I could do that. Hehe

I really like the idea of this, my only concerns are the pod and coil.
"Normal use" for twisp could be very different from what I consider normal use.
My aegis has a counter and I'm way over 300 puffs per day, granted the way a Cue is intended to be used is vastly different from a modern tank. The cue will deliver a massive hit of nicotine at once and so will be used far less frequently than a modern tank, which while huge clouds and flavour does give much smaller doses.
The other thing is the coils. I remember regularly getting dud coils from twisp. I'm sure some of it came down to being an inexperienced vaper at that stage but the impression lingers.
What was nice about those early twisp coils was that they were easy to disassemble and rewick. I can't see that being the case with the cue pods.
Hopefully someone works out how to refill these pods as other than rebel, I'd really much rather vape my own creations.

Overall I think this is a stunning idea and should make for a great transition device for smokers but as a long term item for a experienced vaper? I'm not so sure. For a stealth vape, it is significantly cheaper than my setup (pico and skyline) but at least the running costs are minimal.

I look forward to more feedback from ppl using the device.

I really like the idea of this, my only concerns are the pod and coil.
"Normal use" for twisp could be very different from what I consider normal use.
My aegis has a counter and I'm way over 300 puffs per day, granted the way a Cue is intended to be used is vastly different from a modern tank. The cue will deliver a massive hit of nicotine at once and so will be used far less frequently than a modern tank, which while huge clouds and flavour does give much smaller doses.
The other thing is the coils. I remember regularly getting dud coils from twisp. I'm sure some of it came down to being an inexperienced vaper at that stage but the impression lingers.
What was nice about those early twisp coils was that they were easy to disassemble and rewick. I can't see that being the case with the cue pods.
Hopefully someone works out how to refill these pods as other than rebel, I'd really much rather vape my own creations.

Overall I think this is a stunning idea and should make for a great transition device for smokers but as a long term item for a experienced vaper? I'm not so sure. For a stealth vape, it is significantly cheaper than my setup (pico and skyline) but at least the running costs are minimal.

I look forward to more feedback from ppl using the device.

I hear you on the coil reliability issues on the old Clearo days @Strontium
I also got a few duds back in the day. But to be fair to Twisp, I probably got more duds on other coils - like the early Kangertech Evod ones - and others.

The thing is that the pod encompasses the juice, the coil and the drip tip. It's an all-in-one piece. So I really do not think the intention is to refill or even less so, to fiddle with the coil inside. I don't think that is what new vapers would do anyway.

Maybe for more experienced folk a refillable pod would be a good idea - but it may then have leaking issues - and that would be a deal breaker (for me) given this needs to go in a shirt or jacket pocket.

My pod/coil is working fine - I have only tried one - so far one out of one is working fine ;-)
Lets see what happens when I try the others.

Great Review!

I never took on to Twisp devices until i tried the cue from a friend. He had the tobacco pod in it and I just fell in love with the device and got my own kit a few days later. I have been a Direct to lung vaper for the past two years and never thought I would enjoy mtl the way I enjoy vaping off this little beast. Its perfect for wanting that cigarette like draw and the tobacco flavour that it comes with delivers just that.
I am yet to try the rebel and the polar mint, but I have a feeling that I wont be impressed as much as I am with the tobacco, they work perfect together. I would love a Joose E Liqz Havana nightz pod in here!

I personally rate this device over the Gusto purely because of the controlled hit from automatic inhalation rather then a "two step" approach.

Great Review!

I never took on to Twisp devices until i tried the cue from a friend. He had the tobacco pod in it and I just fell in love with the device and got my own kit a few days later. I have been a Direct to lung vaper for the past two years and never thought I would enjoy mtl the way I enjoy vaping off this little beast. Its perfect for wanting that cigarette like draw and the tobacco flavour that it comes with delivers just that.
I am yet to try the rebel and the polar mint, but I have a feeling that I wont be impressed as much as I am with the tobacco, they work perfect together. I would love a Joose E Liqz Havana nightz pod in here!

I personally rate this device over the Gusto purely because of the controlled hit from automatic inhalation rather then a "two step" approach.

Good to hear @Sterling Vape

The auto fire on inhalation is really cool. When I got my first Clearo1 back in late 2013, it worked like this and it was great. But then they discontinued it in favour of the button fire system. Different type of action and sometimes I want a bit more vapour pushing out but have run out of inhalation ;-) But I like it a lot. Will try the Tobacco and report back in time.

What do you mean about the "two step" approach - if I may ask?

Good to hear @Sterling Vape

The auto fire on inhalation is really cool. When I got my first Clearo1 back in late 2013, it worked like this and it was great. But then they discontinued it in favour of the button fire system. Different type of action and sometimes I want a bit more vapour pushing out but have run out of inhalation ;-) But I like it a lot. Will try the Tobacco and report back in time.

What do you mean about the "two step" approach - if I may ask?
"Two Step" approach - press button and inhale. I understand a few other devices do this like the Icare etc but you have to have the right juice and coil set up to achieve that perfect hit from it which I find is achieved by the cue, and I am sure the Clearo1 did that too back in the day.

Great Review!

And the R130 pod price tag on the gusto

"Two Step" approach - press button and inhale. I understand a few other devices do this like the Icare etc but you have to have the right juice and coil set up to achieve that perfect hit from it which I find is achieved by the cue, and I am sure the Clearo1 did that too back in the day.

Ok, I'm with you

Yes, the Clearo1 did do it well back in the day. But I think some guys complained that the pressure sensor got faulty over time - presumably juice getting in there.

What I like about the Cue is that its a simpler device and would seem less chance of leaking. No leaks on my side yet.

Ok, I'm with you

Yes, the Clearo1 did do it well back in the day. But I think some guys complained that the pressure sensor got faulty over time - presumably juice getting in there.

What I like about the Cue is that its a simpler device and would seem less chance of leaking. No leaks on my side yet.
yes, most of the work is done in the disposable pods which is defo another +. I do find a bit of condensation on the pod itself but its expected I guess.

Ok just a quick update on the Twisp Cue

I am still on my first Rebel pod.
Have been vaping it on and off here and there
I did recharge the battery via laptop USB.

Pod doesnt want to run out ;-)

I am picking up a little bit of ever-so-slight gurgling or a subtle change in the airflow. And the flavour of the Rebel is slightly less than when I started. Maybe that means the pod is nearly finished...

Overall, it's still working nicely. For me personally its a bit light and i worry if a heavy smoker will find it adequate to quit the stinkies - but no complaints on the device itself. It's working well.

Rebel is still great. Perhaps not as tangy as i remember from my Clearo1 days, where it had a slight sourish tinge.

Looking forward to getting to the other flavoured pods, lol

79e94247047610032f9b1d6a412d42c2.jpg

Back