Vape Cotton recommendations

FireDragon

New Vaper
LV

Awards
I have been trying Firebolt cotton and am really not impressed. I have to rewick every 3 days.

I was using Kendo Vape cotton and loved it, but cannot find a shop to buy some again.

Any recommendations? With Kendo I only had to rewick every 5-7 days.

I've been using Cotton Bacon V2 for some time now and cannot fault it at all. I've also used Titanium Fiber Cotton, which is quite good as well. Both available from Sir Vape. That's about all I can suggest from my personal experience.

@Rob Fisher did some testing on various types of Mavaton Cotton, check it out here.

Royal Wick

Haven't been able to use any other cotton (I've tried 5 or 6) since I started using it.

Practically zero break in. Great crisp flavour.

I ordered some Mavaton, Kendo and coilology.

Will try out the Mavaton and Coilolgy and see if I like those.

I think my tastebuds are ruined after 30 years of smoking. Having said that of all the cotton I use the first 5 puffs I taste cotton. After that it is all good. I chain vape a lot and used to change cotton every second day. I bought some titanium fibre cotton and it last and last. I now replace every 2 weeks and am surprised that my cotton always looks great. I cannot say if the taste is better then any other brand.

With Cotton Bacon it is completely subjective on what you like. I have used V2 for a while, then flipped over to Firebolt and tried the Prime in-between. Firebolt went out the door as I preferred the Cotton Bacon, but Prime was way too much like Firebolt for me and I went back to V2. Trying out a few types of cottons in between to see what works, but I guess it is now a creature of habit and I prefer my V2 above any of the others as I know how to use it, how much I need, what it tastes like, how long it lasts for me and works in all types of setups just peachy.

If you have time, try a few, run then for a week or two and see what works best for you. Kendo is brilliant for temp control, Firebolt is easy to use for small diameter coils and RBA's (and dont need a lot of fluffing). Coilology laces are convenient, especially in RDA's as you dont need to cut and trim a lot, so that is always in my backup-bag if I need a quick fix when travelling. SWAG is perfect for 3mm id coils, as you just cut the length you need and pop it in, but I have not tested it extensively yet, still on the desk and need do switch everything over to SWAG to see how it performs, but it is similar to Kendo.

One cotton I never could get used too was Octocotton... break-in time was not measured by tank refills, but by the turn of the moon phases....

But if you have used Firebolt and want to progress to something better, Cotton Bacon (any of the versions) will be a step up for you, and Mavaton (although I have never used it myself) is by review and ratings (especially Uncle Rob's extensive review on it) a very good option. Coilology laces are not superior, but they work just fine.

So many choices! .. lolz... I just spent like R1000 on different cotton... my wallet is gonna hate me for a while.

I have used Cotton Bacon Prime before but did not like the taste. Will give it another go though.

With Cotton Bacon it is completely subjective on what you like. I have used V2 for a while, then flipped over to Firebolt and tried the Prime in-between. Firebolt went out the door as I preferred the Cotton Bacon, but Prime was way too much like Firebolt for me and I went back to V2. Trying out a few types of cottons in between to see what works, but I guess it is now a creature of habit and I prefer my V2 above any of the others as I know how to use it, how much I need, what it tastes like, how long it lasts for me and works in all types of setups just peachy.

If you have time, try a few, run then for a week or two and see what works best for you. Kendo is brilliant for temp control, Firebolt is easy to use for small diameter coils and RBA's (and dont need a lot of fluffing). Coilology laces are convenient, especially in RDA's as you dont need to cut and trim a lot, so that is always in my backup-bag if I need a quick fix when travelling. SWAG is perfect for 3mm id coils, as you just cut the length you need and pop it in, but I have not tested it extensively yet, still on the desk and need do switch everything over to SWAG to see how it performs, but it is similar to Kendo.

One cotton I never could get used too was Octocotton... break-in time was not measured by tank refills, but by the turn of the moon phases....

But if you have used Firebolt and want to progress to something better, Cotton Bacon (any of the versions) will be a step up for you, and Mavaton (although I have never used it myself) is by review and ratings (especially Uncle Rob's extensive review on it) a very good option. Coilology laces are not superior, but they work just fine.

Haha I bought octocotton once on sale for R30 from Vape king, used it once or twice in my drop but then ended up giving it to a friend who was just starting out and he loves that stuff, swears by it :giggle:

So I guess cotton is a very subjective thing, I myself love CBV2, Prime is okay for RDA's but not in my RTA's ... I recently bought 2 bags of Mavaton X and a bag royal wicks, haven't had the time or the need to rewick yet so I haven't tried the Mavaton yet but I did try Royal wicks in my expro and the flavour is great on it, my only issue is how delicate it is, if you comb your tails be slow and careful with royal wicks, you will put all the fibers out the tails if you too rough and used to combing out tails on CBV2 or prime.
another issue with high end cotton is the price vs the amount, CBV2 from vape king is always on special at around R80 for 10grams of the stuff which lasts forever...well at least it lasts me forever as I don't need to rewick often with CBV2.
Royal wicks is R150 which is not bad but then you only get 5grams of cotton which is half the cotton for double the price. and then Mavaton for 5grams for R250.
I question if its worth it for a very small difference in flavour.
Pound for Pound CBV2 is king for me in performance and also price wise

So many choices! .. lolz... I just spent like R1000 on different cotton... my wallet is gonna hate me for a while.

I have used Cotton Bacon Prime before but did not like the taste. Will give it another go though.
If you did not like prime then chances are you are Cotton bacon V2 person so try V2 instead of prime, I think you will like it

I also like my Octocotton, but like others it did not matter what I used when I started out. Now I break in my cotton on the build deck before I vape and this seems to make a huge difference. First pull or two and any cotton taste is gone. i suppose it helps that I am minty/menthol/ice as the flavours are not subtle, more like a smack in the face from a wet cold salmon pulled from an arctic river

I also like my Octocotton, but like others it did not matter what I used when I started out. Now I break in my cotton on the build deck before I vape and this seems to make a huge difference. First pull or two and any cotton taste is gone. i suppose it helps that I am minty/menthol/ice as the flavours are not subtle, more like a smack in the face from a wet cold salmon pulled from an arctic river
Im a minty/Mentol/Ice queen myself. I swear All Day Vapes knows my order off by heart by now... :--P

The Great Cotton Debate will never be resolved. There are many reasons for this but one of the most important factors is marketing. The world of products are littered with examples of items which sold badly until a particular marketing spin was employed.

Listerine is a great example of this. It was originally sold, in the late 1800s, as a surgical antiseptic, a floor cleaner, and later as a cure for gonorrhea. In the 1920s it was pitched as a cure for chronic halitosis and sales rocketed. In just seven years, the company's revenues rose from $115,000 to more than $8 million. Take a look at the Wikipedia info here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listerine

We are lead by the noses to buy almost anything. Believe it or not, until Listerine was marketed as getting rid of halitosis, bad breath wasn't considered to be much of an issue. This is an example of a product nobody knew was needed until they were told that they could not do without it. This example only serves to show how much we are influenced by the marketing.

I have found the marketing bumf for the cottons listed in the discussions (I got bored so missed out the last few).

Firebolt cotton :
Vapefly presents the Firebolt Cotton, a natural cotton solution for easily wicking 3mm pre-built coils. The cotton is made entirely of 100% organic Japanese cotton and is free of harmful chemicals. The convenient agleted section is manufactured without acetone or glue. The Vapefly cotton is designed to fit 3mm diameter pre-built performance coils. Vapefly Firebolt Cotton is perfect for rebuildable atomizers, rebuildable tank atomizers, bottom feeding atomizer.

Kendo Vape cotton :
Kendo Vape Cotton is the perfect cotton for vapers as it is super absorbent, heat resistant, and most importantly, it is organic and 100% unbleached! The Gold Edition comes in meter long strands ready to be cut and rolled! Enjoy improved performance and easier wicking with Kendo Vape Cotton Gold Edition!

Cotton Bacon V2 :
Cotton Bacon is the first cotton engineered by vapers for vapers and it's widely believed to be the cleanest tasting cotton for an enhanced, superior flavour. Free from pesticides and chemicals, it's extremely absorbent and heat resistant. Version 2 Cotton Bacon has undergone extra processing to eliminate all natural cotton oils. It is completely tasteless, has no break-in period and is a little more absorbent and heat resistant than V1 Cotton Bacon and many other cotton wicking material.

Titanium Fiber Cotton :
Take pleasure in creating your coils with the Titanium Fiber Cotton Elite. This Elite version is made in 17 stages to guarantee its resistance to heat and excellent capillaries. If you vape in direct or indirect inhaling, the Titanium Fiber Cotton Elite is adapted to all styles of vape and all reconstructable atomisers

Mavaton Cotton :
Mavaton’s X cotton made from a non GMO cotton variety developed by the University of Arkansas.
Organically grown and processed by Cottonman.com, LLC for an elite vaping experience.
Using only safe products to both produce and process, it is the worlds first USDA Certified Organic Cotton Wick.
Growing cotton in Eastern NC region tends to produce a thicker cotton fiber.
Thicker fiber withstands higher temperatures, ultimately providing the user a longer lasting wick.

Coilology Cotton Laces :
Coilology thread cotton is made of 20 strands of organic cotton. With the single lead threaded, the Coilology Thread Cotton makes it easier to insert the coils. Just take the Thread Cotton home for DIY fun.

SWAG Supreme cotton :
The SWAG Project - Ultra Heat Resistant Cotton Wick is crafted from the United Kingdom, presenting a 100% organic cotton composition capable of handling high temperatures while providing excellent tasting properties. It provides premium cotton fibers that everyone needs within their rebuildable atomizer.

Cotton Bacon Prime :
Cotton Bacon Prime by Wick n Vape are cotton wicks designed for use with rebuildable atomisers, providing a clear flavour with increased cloud production. Each resealable pack of Cotton Bacon Prime contains 10 pieces of pre-cut high-quality organic cotton, allowing you to cut and trim your ideal size wicks with ease for a quick set up. Featuring thicker fibres compared to standard cotton wicks, allowing for a faster absorption with deep flavour.

Royal Wick :
Royal Wick Cotton by Vapetalo is a 100% Organic Paronin cotton. This blend of cotton produces an excellent, clean tasting vapour. Product manufactured in Finland. Manufactured under laboratory conditions 100% organic cotton.

Scrawny gecko strips

Octocotton

FLASH WICKS 2.0

Even although many of the companies claim exactly the same attributes we find ourselves preferring one over another. Perhaps the emotive and positive words used by one manufacturer impress us more than another. Or perhaps one of the cotton wicks is objectively "better" than the rest. I doubt it.

Back