Vape King SA - Retailer Reviews

Gervais Martin

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
1 star - misleading/false advertising + unrealistic return policy

Was sold E-Juice that was labeled as "Nic-Salts" which was just an extremely high freebase nicotine liquid and is non-vapeable due to the incredibly harsh throat hit.

Reported this to Vape-King for the product to be returned as the advertising is misleading and basically boils down to false advertising, I have been denied my return or refund.

If you vape nic salts, do not purchase the "infusion" liquid from this company, you will spend R300+ on liquid you arent able to Vape.

Very unimpressed with the manner in which this company looked out for me as their customer.

@Silver - Might need to move this to VapeKing's subforum

*EDIT* - My apologies, I see it is in Vendor Reviews- Local. I was accessing this thread off the quick access on the home page

Can only see 2 infusion eliquids, on either page I cant see where it says nic salts, can you screenshot it please?I may be looking at the wrong juice?

Was sold E-Juice that was labeled as "Nic-Salts" which was just an extremely high freebase nicotine liquid and is non-vapeable due to the incredibly harsh throat hit.

Reported this to Vape-King for the product to be returned as the advertising is misleading and basically boils down to false advertising, I have been denied my return or refund.

If you vape nic salts, do not purchase the "infusion" liquid from this company, you will spend R300+ on liquid you arent able to Vape.

Very unimpressed with the manner in which this company looked out for me as their customer.

I'd be interested to hear the wattage you were using?

Please see this guide for reference: https://www.ruthlessvapor.com/blogs/ruthless-e-liquid/beginners-guide-to-vaping-nicotine-salt

I'd be interested to hear the wattage you were using?
Even at low wattage, 25mg freebase will come close to destroying your throat and I see this juice is sold in 25mg and 50mg variants. I do not even want to imagine what 50mg freebase would do.

Not VKs fault though
Very true. If the juice maker sold it to them as salts, that is what they expect to be in there. This needs to be taken up with the juice makers, but VK is the supplier thereof and the user does not have contact with the juice maker, so it's their responsibility to take it up with them on behalf of.

Even at low wattage, 25mg freebase will come close to destroying your throat and I see this juice is sold in 25mg and 50mg variants. I do not even want to imagine what 50mg freebase would do.

I use 18mg freebase @25w no problem.

But the reason for the question was regarding the Nic Salts, as the juice apparently comes in both regular nic 3mg or 6mg. Or alternatively 25 or 50mg Nic Salts. I would imagine the wattage is very important if using Salts?

https://www.vapeking.co.za/?match=a...rformed=Y&q=Infusion&dispatch=products.search

Last edited:
I would imagine the wattage is very important if using Salts?
100% correct. Wattage is important when using salts, one should preferably never go over 25W. But even if you do 15W with 25mg Freebase, unless you are used to high mg nic in freebase form, although even then but to a lesser degree, 25mg will be quite the throat hit. 50mg.... Well, I do not even want to imagine. :flamethrower2: But instead of a flamethrower, it will be your throat.

@Gervais Martin

• Firstly, on what basis do you claim that it is freebase and not nic salts? Have you sent it to a lab for analysis?
  • Secondly, in what way is the advertising misleading or false? The picture of the bottle on Vape King's website clearly states "Salt Nic".
https://www.vapeking.co.za/sweet-fusion-on-ice-nic-salts-25mg-60ml.html
Infusion.JPG
  • Thirdly, no vape shop will allow you to return vape juice, for health and safety reasons - and if I ever find one that does I would NEVER buy anything from them again.
  • Fourthly, it's not Vape King's product. They didn't make it - they simply stock it. Don't slate the shop from where you bought it, simply because you don't like the product.
And there, I suggest, is the crux of the matter. You don't like what you've bought. It's as simple as that. When we order juice online it's a chance that we take. You took that chance; you're disappointed with the outcome. That is your problem, not Vape King's.
Get a grip on yourself.

@Gervais Martin

• Firstly, on what basis do you claim that it is freebase and not nic salts? Have you sent it to a lab for analysis?
  • Secondly, in what way is the advertising misleading or false? The picture of the bottle on Vape King's website clearly states "Salt Nic".
https://www.vapeking.co.za/sweet-fusion-on-ice-nic-salts-25mg-60ml.html
View attachment 203306
  • Thirdly, no vape shop will allow you to return vape juice, for health and safety reasons - and if I ever find one that does I would NEVER buy anything from them again.
  • Fourthly, it's not Vape King's product. They didn't make it - they simply stock it. Don't slate the shop from where you bought it, simply because you don't like the product.
And there, I suggest, is the crux of the matter. You don't like what you've bought. It's as simple as that. When we order juice online it's a chance that we take. You took that chance; you're disappointed with the outcome. That is your problem, not Vape King's.
Get a grip on yourself.

I’m sending back my batteries. These ones have gone flat.

100% correct. Wattage is important when using salts, one should preferably never go over 25W. But even if you do 15W with 25mg Freebase, unless you are used to high mg nic in freebase form, although even then but to a lesser degree, 25mg will be quite the throat hit. 50mg.... Well, I do not even want to imagine. :flamethrower2: But instead of a flamethrower, it will be your throat.
35w and 50mg salts will leave a vacancy in your chest cavity, 25 mg at 35w will do the same.(DL) MTL is still bearable.
Your lungs become inactive for a few minutes.

Question? I searched the forum for a proper salt Vs freebase discussion but nogo nothing found. I used 24mg premix to cut down as needed until now. Now dyi 100mg freebase that I can also cut down as needed mixing my own. Salts are the new rave here in AU too but also causes lots of confusion, just like this one, to newbies getting hit like a train smash not knowing better. Should I start a proper feedback thread for salt Vs freebase perhaps? My understanding it's a completely different way of vaping I get that but also cost wise. Salts are very very expensive is it worth it?

Back