VapeClub service experience

Eduardo

New Vaper
LV

Awards
I have been vaping on a RX200 for about three months now and the mod is amazing. I decided to get the RX200S solely for the bigger screen. Ordered, and behold, the next day my order arrived. I charged the three turds and put them in the mod, only to find that the screen inside the RX200S is skew! My OCD would never survive this, so i mailed Lindsay at VapeClub about the issue. They handled everything very well up until the mod was collected on Monday 20/06. This was the same overnight delivery company that shipped my order, so on Tuesday the mod would have been received by VapeClub. Wednesday came and i heard nothing.

Thursday afternoon i had to call VapeClub out of my own again since no communication has been received and here i am sitting without a mod for almost a week already. This is where the fun starts, "Sorry sir, we are sold out of the RX200S and they will arrive next week". How the F@%# don't you communicate this to a customer that just spent a crap load of money in your store? Needless to say i asked for a refund for the price of the mod and Lindsay asked for my banking details, which i sent right away, within minutes. Today is Monday, there is still no money in my account, i still don't have a mod, not even proof of payment to say that the transfer has been done.

TLDR: VapeClub = Good Price and Poor after sales service.

@JakesSA @VapeGrrl

Last edited:
And yet another business day has gone by without a word from the Vape Club... Its unbelievable how little they care for clients after the money is in their account. I'm starting to wonder if they even intend on refunding me.

It's only been a few days. They could have been hectically busy. Give them a call tomorrow and see how things are going and try not to act like a spoilt little brat

Take a lot is a way bigger organisation and it takes them more than a week to sort out refunds sometimes you wait 2 or three weeks if they have to do inspections whatever.

Its unfortunate but online retailers take time, if you want the in store experience then pay extra for the product. You are complaining about lack of communication but next day to get your product from JHB to CT and likewise from CT to JHB isnt bad. I spoke to vapeclub on Saturday and the shipment that was expected on friday is only coming in this week.

They dont charge normal retail cos they keep small amounts of stock and spin the product quickly. Idk smaller retailers who charge less have some grace in my mind. Yeah communication could be better but lets say they made the eft on Friday I'd only be cool with you bitching on wednesday morning depending on banks and clearing so on.

Just my 2c.

And yet another business day has gone by without a word from the Vape Club... Its unbelievable how little they care for clients after the money is in their account. I'm starting to wonder if they even intend on refunding me.

They probably haven't had time to check the forum yet, have you tried calling Lindsay today?

Hi @Eduardo, apologies for the delay in completing your refund.

We have an open case of fraud originating from the same business that you made the purchase from and I felt compelled to make enquiries with payfast as to the validity of the transaction first. It has now been cleared up and your refund will be processed forthright.

Dont want to come across as a vendor basher. But just thought id add a bit of constructive criticism.

Not all customers are on the forum, so being too busy to read posts shouldn't be an excuse. Surely an issue of this magnitude where a customer is left without a device for an extended period should be prioritised and resolved no matter how busy you are.

At the very least I feel that the customer should be communicated with, without him / her constantly needing to follow up.

This is an issue ive been having a lot of recently across the board.

*edit, I started typing this before I read vaoeclubs response. But the comment still stands. Kudos to VC for sorting the issue out though

I can not fault vapeclub at all...my personal favourite vendor

Correct, better communication was required here, in this case I'll admit I was at a bit of a loss in how to explain the delay.

Currently I am also not spending nearly as much time on the forum as I would like as I have other business related matters which need attending to. Ironically these matters are also aimed at ensuring that we can maintain our future service levels in a rapidly expanding market.

Again I apologise for the delay, the circumstances were somewhat extraordinary.

Payment was made last night and i accept the apology from Vape Club. Sad that I had to go to these measures to get answers from a vendor, but this is how we learn to better our business practices with regards to communication / customer service. Thanks Vape Club for sorting this out.

@Eduardo can you comment on the open case of fraud that vape club had against the originating company?.

Hi @Sprint , no sorry i don't have any idea what that's about. That post was the first i have heard of it. Doesn't have anything to do with me. Was just a client stuck in the mess i guess.

The fraudster uses the same company name for delivery which is what raised the red flags..

Oh yes that rings a bell now! I can assure you that all the other vapers at my place of employment distances themselves from the person in question and the practices he allegedly undertook. = politically correct

Hi @JakesSA,
Just a quick question. If payments are made through Payfast, are you as a vendor/re-seller guaranteed the payment?
I appreciate that someone from mine and @Eduardo 's place of employment had, allegedly (politically correct), acted in a fraudulent fashion.

In this case, payment was received and the item was shipped. Surely, if there is a defect in a product sold, once it had been returned you could have refunded the individual?

I have purchased from Vape Club before and had experienced excellent service; I'm just concerned that my colleagues and I might be treated differently because I share a place of employment with an alleged fraudster?

@Eduardo, thank you for your understanding and again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

@phanatik, I was an involved in an e-commerce startup 11 years ago which got hit by a syndicate using stolen credit card details gathered from various restaurants and we had charge backs processed by the banks up to 4 weeks after the payment was successfully processed. Banks being what they are I imagine things have not changed much and I rather doubt payfast will foot the bill.

My more immediate concern was to determine if the card payment was done with the same card the fraudster had used for his initial order with us. If this was the case further action would have been taken, irrespective if a charge back was to be made. Fraud is a deliberate misrepresentation of the facts and if I was to catch the person in question buying from us again, under an alias, reaction will be swift and decisive. Note I am calling that spade what he is, ample evidence is available.

In general however payfast takes 4 working days to clear funds so refunds can usually be processed much faster.

Back