Vapecon 2016 - Suggestions and great ideas

n0ugh7_zw

Data in the streets, Riker in the sheets!
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Ok, last suggestion! Shirts, all the way up to about 4XL

Not just for the event itself, but erm vendors and juice makers. and local modders shirts would be cool. Then we can justify the worrying amount of money we'll all be spending as... clothes shopping too :)

Last edited:
Agree on the DIY one. As a DIYer would be nice to have discussions on the topic. Although I'm in Cape Town so won't be able to attend this :(

Workshops with coil masters. Cant ever learn enough about making coils and wicking etc. That will be beyond epic.

@Silver, Slightly off topic but do you perhaps have a play area for Kids at the venue?
A jumping castle perhaps and some face painting would go a long way to keep mum and tots happy while dad spends all the monies!

@Silver, Slightly off topic but do you perhaps have a play area for Kids at the venue?
A jumping castle perhaps and some face painting would go a long way to keep mum and tots happy while dad spends all the monies!

Hi @Christos - I am going to actually start another thread for these sorts of suggestions and move a couple of these posts there.

Regarding a kiddies play area, thanks for adding that.
Not promising anything but we will most certainly add it to the list of things to consider...

Hi all

I am creating this thread to keep all the suggestions together from the community for VapeCon 2016.

If you have RSVPed and will be attending this great event and you have a suggestion or great idea you would like to share with the organisers, please feel free to add it here.

I cannot promise that all the suggestions will be implemented - but we will most certainly consider them and do our best.

I am going to move some of the previous suggestions from the other vendor suggestion thread here, so they will appear above this post.

We were getting excited and driving you nuts eh lol... Thanks for watching out for all us vapers keeping things organised so we can enjoy our time at Vapecon. Big job.

We were getting excited and driving you nuts eh lol... Thanks for watching out for all us vapers keeping things organised so we can enjoy our time at Vapecon. Big job.

Don't worry @Lord Vetinari
Excitement is a fantastic thing

And you are 100% right, we are all going to have a truly remarkable and enjoyable time at VapeCon.

My Suggestions:
1. 2 ply toilet paper - there is no compromise

Jokes aside:
1. Water... lots of water. Either drinking fountains or those water dispensers
2. Halaal Food
3. Tissues for leaky tanks and unplanned builds (I think this is aimed more at the venders).
4. Second hand market/section. Like the classifieds, where non-vendors can display their gear they are selling. This could work by having a manned counter where the sellers drop their products into a display box, write the cost on a piece of paper and put inside said box and 10 to R20 of sale amount is kept by the person managing the counter. Seller collects money or gear upon leaving (maybe limit to hardware or hardware + juice bundles, but no standalone juice sales).

@Silver
something I noticed last year , there was a lot of people building thier devices at Vapecon 2015 ( whether it was prepping for the cloud comp, coil comp, or just rewicking Etc)

There was a lot of wire ends ,used coils and cotton scraps left everywhere on tables Etc,

Perhaps we can find a solution to this? Maybe wire(metal) recycling bins around , or just more normal bins around the venue.

A DIY juice competition to be judged by our esteemed commercial mixologists (e.g. @Paulie, @Vapington, etcetera) - they can set the rules too. Not open to commercial juice makers. Recipes of the top three juices to be made available here by the makers.

@Silver
something I noticed last year , there was a lot of people building thier devices at Vapecon 2015 ( whether it was prepping for the cloud comp, coil comp, or just rewicking Etc)

There was a lot of wire ends ,used coils and cotton scraps left everywhere on tables Etc,

Perhaps we can find a solution to this? Maybe wire(metal) recycling bins around , or just more normal bins around the venue.

BRAIN WAVE !!!!

i thin we should have some small containers scattered around each table, throw your little bits in there and it can be emptied into the big bins :)

Create a web stream for the out of towners, especially for the guest speaker and other talks

BTW, have we organized Grimm Green yet ? :happy:

Create a web stream for the out of towners, especially for the guest speaker and other talks

BTW, have we organized Grimm Green yet ? :happy:
I'm not sure how the negotiations with Grimm Green are progressing, but AFAIK the finalization of the keynote address by Rip Trippers on "Vaping health issues and how to deal with them in a calm manner" is very close to the stage of just signing the dotted lines (apparently just a few sponsorship issues that he's not quite excited enough about yet)

Thanks for all the ideas so far fellow forumites
Much appreciated
We are taking notes ;-)

Not sure if this has been mentioned (apologies if it has) but what about a DIY mixing workshop/ live demo on a stage, projected to a screen perhaps. We could have this throughout the day with perhaps some of the DIY gurus on here doing the presentation. Consumables could be sponsored by one or more of the suppliers...?

I'm not sure how the negotiations with Grimm Green are progressing, but AFAIK the finalization of the keynote address by Rip Trippers on "Vaping health issues and how to deal with them in a calm manner" is very close to the stage of just signing the dotted lines (apparently just a few sponsorship issues that he's not quite excited enough about yet)
@Mike 390670.png

Hi

Its a bit late for so forgive grammatical and spelling errors. Usually I'm horrible with this so it might be allot worst.

I dont know if this has been raised or if its been attended to but here goes.

I think at vapecon there should be recycling bin for e-waste/vape waste. Things like batteries, pet bottles, glass bottles coil, heads mods etc. Luckily non of my mods or batteries have died on me but I've always planned to deal with these responsibly. I have a box of pet bottles which I've been meaning to deal with correctly for ages. It might be the case that most of us vapers do the right thing and deal with the added waste that comes with our hobby/way of life properly. I'd like to see at least one set of bins around just to raise awareness. This could also be spread to vape shops just to say the industry cleans up after itself.

Not a green freak by any measure. I dont do as much as I should. I'll probably get flack for this post, Hopefully saying we do this already dude!! wft?

Thanks

The pif box is a great idea @blujeenz. I would also chuck a few things in there. My suggestions/points to ponder on this idea:

1. Obviously you can't just leave it there for pickers and choosers (you will get people that will take advantage of generosity)
2. Someone will have to sit with all the gear after vapecon and check if they are working, etc. (this will be hard work if 100 mods and 200 tanks end up in the bin)
3. I myself have a twisted messes I want to pif, but I've poached all the spares and they've since disappeared into an array of other drippers. So will the person checking them have to do stock take on the spares and then add or replace them? So is my pif a viable pif then?

That's all I got on that.

One other suggestion:

I missed vapecon last year, so I don't know how the juice bar works. But if it's done like it's done at the vendors, where they have a designated dripper or 2 with which you test, will it not be beneficial to split the juice bar into peeps with drippers and peeps without. This way you won't have a backlog of guys standing there waiting to sample juice. I mean, it's pointless to stand in a queue waiting to sample juice on a dripper if I'm standing there with my own dripper.

If I'm being stupid here I'm sorry, but as I've mentioned, I don't know what the M.O. is at vapecon in this regard.

The pif box is a great idea @blujeenz. I would also chuck a few things in there. My suggestions/points to ponder on this idea:

1. Obviously you can't just leave it there for pickers and choosers (you will get people that will take advantage of generosity)
2. Someone will have to sit with all the gear after vapecon and check if they are working, etc. (this will be hard work if 100 mods and 200 tanks end up in the bin)
3. I myself have a twisted messes I want to pif, but I've poached all the spares and they've since disappeared into an array of other drippers. So will the person checking them have to do stock take on the spares and then add or replace them? So is my pif a viable pif then?

That's all I got on that.

One other suggestion:

I missed vapecon last year, so I don't know how the juice bar works. But if it's done like it's done at the vendors, where they have a designated dripper or 2 with which you test, will it not be beneficial to split the juice bar into peeps with drippers and peeps without. This way you won't have a backlog of guys standing there waiting to sample juice. I mean, it's pointless to stand in a queue waiting to sample juice on a dripper if I'm standing there with my own dripper.

If I'm being stupid here I'm sorry, but as I've mentioned, I don't know what the M.O. is at vapecon in this regard.

You will need to take your own Dripper along with you... I doubt anyone will want to go near a drip tip that had eight million people's lips on it first. :confused:

You will need to take your own Dripper along with you... I doubt anyone will want to go near a drip tip that had eight million people's lips on it first. :confused:

Oh okay, so there won't be "***** drippers" there for the vapers without drippers that want to sample? I will definitely be taking the tsunami, but what about the poor blokes without drippers? I thought there would be drippers at everyone's disposal, so when you have sampled, the drip tip gets chucked in a bowl with disinfectant and one from the "d-germ" bowl for the new oak.

Oh okay, so there won't be "***** drippers" there for the vapers without drippers that want to sample? I will definitely be taking the tsunami, but what about the poor blokes without drippers? I thought there would be drippers at everyone's disposal, so when you have sampled, the drip tip gets chucked in a bowl with disinfectant and one from the "d-germ" bowl for the new oak.

usually the vendors have the juice loaded into a tank that you can sample by using your own drip tips.

Back