Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Am very pleased to announce that the online tickets for VapeCon 2017 have been loaded!

Online tickets cost R60
https://itickets.co.za/events/381237

Two advantages of buying online:
  • You save R20 - or 25% (on the door price on the day of R80)
  • Shorter queues - we are going to have more queues for ticket-holders this time
But wait.... there's more...

If you buy 5 tickets, you will get one free!
So that's 6 tickets for just R300. Or effectively R50 per ticket. A further 16.67% saving!

Just select 5 tickets and the system will automatically give you an extra one for free.

Print out your tickets and bring them to VapeCon 2017 to be scanned. Better to make a printout than rely on the screen of your phone. Just in case.

I just bought 5 now and got 6! It's working ;-)

Sample Ticket image.jpg

Have been getting a few questions in the last week or so about tickets for VapeCon.

You can get them online here:

Benefit of buying tickets online beforehand is that you save R20 and you wont have to wait as long in the queue. And if you buy 5 tickets you get the 6th one for free. Further saving...

Just print them out and bring the printout with you on the day so it can be scanned.

@Silver
Not being rude here, BUT are U sure ?

Thanks for asking @Willyza

Answer is Yes

Let me explain why.

VapeCon attendees will queue up behind the big gate outside. We plan on sending the online ticket scanning staff together with our staff ahead in the queue long before VapeCon opening time to do what is necessary. That was what held up the ticket lane last time.

Also, when VapeCon opens, there will be 3 lanes for ticketholders and just one lane for cash sales. Ticketholders will have had all their scanning etc done beforehand, so we envisage that they will go through much quicker. And there will be more lanes for that.

Of course, if someone arrives first thing in the morning and is in the front of the outside queue without a ticket, then when he/she gets to the cash lane inside, they may get in before a ticketholder a few places behimd him/her but our principle is to prioritise ticketholders for the first few hours after VapeCon starts.

The only other way we could do it is to have a totally separate queue for those without a ticket and only let them in at a later time, but that would not be fair in our opinion.

Bottom line is that if you have a ticket and you are in the queue outside (before VapeCon opens), our intention is that you will be "processed" long beforehand - so when you come in it will be much faster.

Last edited:
Hi all
Just a reminder about tickets for VapeCon.

Benefit of buying tickets online beforehand is that you save R20 and you wont have to wait as long in the queue. And if you buy 5 tickets you get the 6th one for free. Further saving...

Just print them out and bring the printout with you on the day so it can be scanned.

@Silver Is there a limitation on the number of tickets you will be selling? I ask as a friend would really like to attend but she can only afford to buy a ticket on the 25th when it's pay day.

Hi all
Just a reminder about tickets for VapeCon.

Last year I had a ticket and had to wait in the LONG queue and people that didnt buy tickets online just walked in, I hope its better this year

@Silver Is there a limitation on the number of tickets you will be selling? I ask as a friend would really like to attend but she can only afford to buy a ticket on the 25th when it's pay day.

No you will be able to buy tickets right up to the last minute!

Last year I had a ticket and had to wait in the LONG queue and people that didnt buy tickets online just walked in, I hope its better this year

It will be... there will be 3 entrances for ticket holders and one entrance for cash payers.

Whats the max capacity the arena can hold legally ? this is going to be super awesome and insane. are we controlling the amount of entries vs exits so that it doesnt turn into one huge stampede hehehehe

Whats the max capacity the arena can hold legally ? this is going to be super awesome and insane. are we controlling the amount of entries vs exits so that it doesnt turn into one huge stampede hehehehe

All will be carefully watched @MrDeedz - the venue's staff will be watching it closely and they are in communication with the security team and us on the day.

Not sure on the exact number of max capacity - but I think its around 4,000 inside and about 2,000 outside (my estimate)

Not sure on the exact number of max capacity - but I think its around 4,000 inside and about 2,000 outside (my estimate)

Outside? Is there a beer garden or something? Or is outside the parking lot?

...but will there be beer ....

Yes there will @Daniel
And a lot of other beverages too

@spiv - we are fencing off the outside parking lot this year - extending VapeCon to the outside - and putting all the food and drinks outside. It's going to be great

That sounds awesome. Thanks! Really looking forward to this.

Hi @Silver, when I select 6 tickets on iTickets it doesn't change the price. It stays R360 throughout the whole process

Hi @Silver, when I select 6 tickets on iTickets it doesn't change the price. It stays R360 throughout the whole process

Hi @Dave557
Select 5 tickets and when you checkout further in the process it will give you a sixth complimentary ticket for free

So, all the hype about the pre ticket entrance came to zip. We stood and waited and waited and waited. It was still quicker to buy cash on the day, and if you were one of the lucky few that had armbands before the gate opened, you bypassed it all. So in effect, buying online before the event accomplished squat. I just want to know, how did some get the armbands before the gates opened? And where were the scanning staff that were supposed to come through the queue beforehand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back