Vapers Sue Juul For Nicotine Addiction

Thanks @Rob Fisher

This is not going to do the image of vaping any good

Here's one part of that article
Another complaint filed in San Francisco by Carl Cooper said the JUUL nicotine pods turned him from a casual weekend cigarette smoker to an addict.

One thing I will say for sure is that vaping has successfully gotten me off cigarettes for nearly 5 years and i can now go without a vape quite easily for 4 hours - while shopping or visiting friends. That would have been near impossible when i was smoking. I feel far less addicted to nicotine or whatever else was in the cigarettes than before. Am vaping freebase nic though, not nic salts - which is what they complaining anout in the article against JUUL.

The comments below that article are also quite interesting. Especially the one from McFadden which argues that they should then clamp down on alcohol with limited flavours and plain packaging.

I'm just very glad this Juul thing hasn't caught up here (yet). Unless I just haven't noticed it. Seems like just bad publicity follows them.

Another complaint filed in San Francisco by Carl Cooper said the JUUL nicotine pods turned him from a casual weekend cigarette smoker to an addict.

That one won't work. It will set a president for too many other cases. Then you can sue pharmaceuticals for getting you addicted to pain pills and sleeping pills, can sue Coca Cola for getting you addicted and the list goes on. If the guy knowingly used a high nicotine device he should have known the consequences. He should have managed it better by lowering his nic not taking more.

This is so strange I love to vape MTL 18 mg nic max, and DL 9 mg nic max. And I can go without it for a couple of hours without getting the jitters compared to the jitters I had when I smoked.

If there was only nic salts to vape I would not vape at all I tried 25 mg and 50 mg nic salts I just can't stand the taste of nic salts .

Last edited:
As a cessation tool, vaping works.
I smoked a pack a day for 28 years.
Vaped for two years (6months low/no nic)
And have now been Vapefree for almost 3 months.

If vaping is used purely as a hobby, then sure you can get addicted. People need to understand that, it’s pointless blaming the tool for your mistake.

As a cessation tool, vaping works.
I smoked a pack a day for 28 years.
Vaped for two years (6months low/no nic)
And have now been Vapefree for almost 3 months.

If vaping is used purely as a hobby, then sure you can get addicted. People need to understand that, it’s pointless blaming the tool for your mistake.

Vape free for 3 months!
Wow, amazing @Strontium
How did that go? Did you just stop one day? How did you wean yourself off?

Vape free for 3 months!
Wow, amazing @Strontium
How did that go? Did you just stop one day? How did you wean yourself off?

Thanks.
I slowly lowered the amount of Nic I mixed with till I finally mixed at no nic. Once I was used to that, I knew I’d broken the nicotine addiction and then just had to break the habit. I’d go to work with low batteries or low juice n so just stretched out the time between vapes. I also did rewicks very infrequently so as to make the Vape taste bad till I finally managed to just stop. Everything went into a box a few months back n haven’t touched it again.

Thanks.
I slowly lowered the amount of Nic I mixed with till I finally mixed at no nic. Once I was used to that, I knew I’d broken the nicotine addiction and then just had to break the habit. I’d go to work with low batteries or low juice n so just stretched out the time between vapes. I also did rewicks very infrequently so as to make the Vape taste bad till I finally managed to just stop. Everything went into a box a few months back n haven’t touched it again.

Congrats @Strontium
And how do you feel?
Do you feel liberated?
Dont you miss the hobby side of it?

Once JUUL announced their $10bn valuation, it was only a matter of time before some consumers figured they wanted a piece of that action. There is growing feeling in the US as well that victims of school shootings want to start suing the govt and gun companies for damages. If there is any downside at all to a product, lawyers and litigants will find a way to make money from it.

Typical american. They'll sue for anything under the sun to squeeze some money out of a company. They knew very well the product contains nicotine and how much. Those lawsuits won't work.

This is insane. Our society is so weak and litigation happy.Are the suing big tobacco?(wouldn't be a surprise to find they're somehow involved in the suit)
Why aren't these people watching their children?A bit too hard to do?
I'm tired of reading propaganda about students vapeing in school.Solution?Take the device,inform parents that the student will be suspended if caught again.Didn't someone say it takes a village to raise a child?Parents and schools have to do more.In my day we were allowed to smoke and even were provided a smoking area.How times have changed.

So JUUL placed the device in the consumers hand, held a gun to his head, and told him/her to vape till addiction kicks in? No? Then the consumer who went to a shop, took out their money, payed for a device, and used it willingly has only themselves to blame.

Mmmm, awesome. We demand freedom to choose and do as we please. When our choices end up a mess we just blame and sue someone else. It will only cease once a sane judge rules in favor of the respondent and awards full costs with damages as well. Johnny will be too busy flipping burgers to pay this dept to even think of vaping. That would be a win win situation, would it not?

Regards

Back