Vaping and Tummies

Spongebob

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
Anyone else have a niggly tummy that vaping aggravates? I have even made some lifestyle changes like switching from normal to rooibos tea, to avoid the caffeine, and switched to vaping 5mg, down from 12mg, unflavored to assess if the flavors or nicotine aggravate it but still no joy After vaping my tummy gets really angry and most times I have to visit the loo. It's difficult to describe, it's pain, cramping, indigestion, funny noises, all combined. Just remembered , I also burp a lot after vaping it also seems to happen in bouts, flaring up for a good while and then for a looong time it's OK again?

Then again, besides vaping, most other activities also upset my tummy.....drinking tea, eating, wearing undies too tight, etc etc etc I currently use alkaline powder and omeprazole daily but doesn't really seem to help?

Maybe some of the medically minded can weigh in here? IBS? Functional Dyspepsia? (Dr Google )

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

Have you tried something like Buscopan? Sorts my tummy out anytime it rears it's ugly head. Also, I drink lots of alkaline water since I started vaping again.

Sounds like it's not a vaping issue, as it's not a constant problem, unless you don't vape daily? Best is visiting a Dr, you might have IBS or something in that line

How does vape affect the tummy? It only goes to the lungs and out.

@Spongebob what PG/VG ratio do you vape ?

I am not pointing the finger at PG but if you DIY, mix yourself up some Max VG juice (no PG and VG nicotine then your usual concentrates) and try that and see if the problem persists.

regards

@Spongebob Since so many other things affect your tummy as well, I doubt that it's vaping related. However, you could try this. After your next puff, ask someone to put you over your should and rub your back.

I have a problem, every morning at 06:00 I drop the mother load.... the problem is not that it is daily at the same time, the problem is that over weekends I only wake up at 08:00....

Back to being serious... If I use 50/50 juice for more than 2 days straight, it runs like a flood... Now I have not tested if it is due to the 50/50 ratio or due to the higher nic content. But as I dont want to experience any of it again, I will not take one on the chin for science and just stick to my 70/30 max 6mg nic...

But same can be said with Ina Paarmans Spice, some I can eat to my hearts content, others immobilize me for 24 hours.. so maybe a visit to the Dr will be a good suggestion if it is not just the vape juice but other factors as well.

Saying that you are not ingesting the chemicals is true, however it is still entering the blood and lymph system which in turn services every single part of your body

See extract below:

But what about skin penetration?
Let me be clear: propylene glycol is one of the ingredients that penetrates skin but “absorption through the skin is minimal.” Since PG itself is safe to ingest (it’s either excreted in the urine or it breaks down in the blood to form lactic acid, which is naturally produced by your body, toxicity isn’t really an issue. The only cases where PG getting into the blood stream caused a problem occurred when PG-containing creams where applied to large areas of burned skin. That makes sense since burned skin would be missing the outer protective layer. In these cases mild lactic acidosis and serum hyperosmolality were observed. There are certainly no problems when low levels of PG are applied to healthy, intact skin.

and I am just using PG as an example. If it can penetrate skin then it surely will pass through the alveoli and into the blood stream.

Different concentrations will have a differing reaction. Maybe max VG will constipate you.

Diarrhea and stomach cramps are symptoms of nicotine poisoning... I assume you're getting too much nicotine in your bloodstream in a short period of time which is maybe nice for the buzz you get but evidently not so nice for your body based on the exhibited symptoms. I'm not saying it's definitely the case but nausea, stomach ache & diarrhea are some of the symptoms listed for nicotine poisoning.

Nicotine Poisoning: Can You Overdose?

Maybe try slowing down a little bit in your vaping sessions or alternatively try reducing your nicotine strength even further.

Anyone else have a niggly tummy that vaping aggravates? I have even made some lifestyle changes like switching from normal to rooibos tea, to avoid the caffeine, and switched to vaping 5mg, down from 12mg, unflavored to assess if the flavors or nicotine aggravate it but still no joy After vaping my tummy gets really angry and most times I have to visit the loo. It's difficult to describe, it's pain, cramping, indigestion, funny noises, all combined. Just remembered , I also burp a lot after vaping it also seems to happen in bouts, flaring up for a good while and then for a looong time it's OK again?

Then again, besides vaping, most other activities also upset my tummy.....drinking tea, eating, wearing undies too tight, etc etc etc I currently use alkaline powder and omeprazole daily but doesn't really seem to help?

Maybe some of the medically minded can weigh in here? IBS? Functional Dyspepsia? (Dr Google )

Nicotine is a stimulant, it doesn't have to be poisoning it can literally just be your body's reaction to the stimulant. Nicotine and caffeine have both been studied to aggravate all kinds of digestive issues in people. The burping points directly on the surface level to acid reflux. You're already on prescribed medication so assume you have a doctor else I'll tell you to go get a check up. You maybe have to cut way down or give up completely.

*edit

Just reread your post, you said you tried it without nicotine I think its not clear. Anyways, you may still be irritating your sinuses which are dumping mucus down in to your stomach which will irritate your digestive tract (and any pre-existing issues), you may be allergic to the PG or VG, vaping too much, not cleaning your cotton etc enough.

*edit 2

If you haven't seen a doctor please go for a check up, the symptoms you describe and their triggers could literally be anything (some serious some not).

Last edited:
What Do I Need to Make Alkaline Water?
You’ll need a 2 liter of soda water (just carbonated water), and a bottle of plain Milk of Magnesia. That’s it. And the cool thing: this will make a concentrate- you only have to add 2 Tablespoons (one ounce) per gallon of drinking water. So this concentrated solution is enough to treat over 36 gallons of water! And it tastes *great*.

IMG_4396-600x415.jpg

How Does It Work?
The plain Milk of Magnesia (or magnesium hydroxide) is normally sold as a laxative, because the body isn’t able to effectively break the bond between the magnesium and hydroxide atoms. Because the body can’t break it down, the magnesium is not absorbed and it triggers a quick exit, which is why it’s such an effective laxative.

But have no fear! This recipe is relies on a simple chemical reaction to create a highly absorbent form of magnesium. How does it work? The carbon infused in the water (carbonated!) bonds with the magnesium, and creates magnesium bicarbonate. If you remember chemistry class, it would look like this:

Mg(OH)2 + 2CO2 —> Mg(HCO3)2
https://gwens-nest.com/alkaline-water-recipe/

My instinct is that you have a stress, IBS issue and you are connecting it to the vaping, but it's probably just plain stress. I have had IBS my whole adult life, but recently (4 months or so) been vastly improved by probiotics (which I was prescribed for another ailment)- even though Ive been vaping like a mad woman. Havent had any more tummy issues. Good luck

My instinct is that you have a stress, IBS issue and you are connecting it to the vaping, but it's probably just plain stress. I have had IBS my whole adult life, but recently (4 months or so) been vastly improved by probiotics (which I was prescribed for another ailment)- even though Ive been vaping like a mad woman. Havent had any more tummy issues. Good luck
I would agree, my wife has suffered with IBS for at least 10 years and it rearing up in @Spongebob's case i am pretty sure is not connected to vaping but it's just got worse while he happens to vape!

I am an undercover investigator employed for a major tobacco manufacturer and just to let you know on every news channel and newsprint globally the headlines in the morning will be "Vaping causes IBS and chronic stomach conditions!" Not really, but it does make you wonder where they get half their crap from!

Last edited:
I would agree, my wife has suffered with IBS for at least 10 years and it rearing up in @Spongebob's case i am pretty sure is not connected to vaping but it's just got worse while he happens to vape!
Ive learnt through being alone through lockdown that I have certain insecure patterns of thinking which I am busy deconstructing. One of them comes from the guilt (i think) of the pleasure of vaping (read conditioning bullshit here) and so I have often attributed ailments to vaping where I now realize there was no real connection.

Ive learnt through being alone through lockdown that I have certain insecure patterns of thinking which I am busy deconstructing. One of them comes from the guilt (i think) of the pleasure of vaping (read conditioning bullshit here) and so I have often attributed ailments to vaping where I now realize there was no real connection.
Understandable, in such times of isolation the mind works overtime and their will never be enough understanding or consideration towards mental well-being!

How does vape affect the tummy? It only goes to the lungs and out.
But then it enters the bloodstream and circulates through the body. The weaker or should I say sensitive organs might suffer the wrath of the mysterious cloud

Rub some vape juice on the inside of your elbow. Wait a few mins and see what happens. You'll soon know if it's the vape juice that irritates your system.
From there you can decide what's your next step. Seeing a medical professional (with an open mind) should be the next step.

I am an undercover investigator employed for a major tobacco manufacturer and just to let you know on every news channel and newsprint globally the headlines in the morning will be "Vaping causes IBS and chronic stomach conditions!" Not really, but it does make you wonder where they get half their crap from!
upload_2021-3-12_21-57-42.gif

Just thinking out loud here, but I hope OP doesn't start vooping... Seems like that would put @Spongebob in an infinite loop confining him on top of the porcelain scooter till his vape runs dry / batteries runs flat :confused::-D

Last edited:
Thanks peeps for all the valued feedback! Will certainly consider all of it. For those that mentioned IBS, please advise what treatment options were prescribed or do you take? I would also not rule out stress because my daily 9-5 being a professional/private banker certainly does come with a motherload of stress.....

On a sidenote, I did mix a batch of max VG (13/87) and it does seem to be much better on the tummy, so PG could also contribute?

Back