Voopoo Drag Max Kit First Impression

DarthBranMuffin

Love Vaping... and muffins...
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards

Hello Everyone! I recently got my hands on the Voopoo Drag Max Kit via Voopoo’s Facebook Page giveaway. Now this is a first for me to even try and review a product and provide feedback on it, but here it goes.

Straight off the bat it looks awesome. The presentation and packaging is brilliant. Everything comes in one big box. Well done with Voopoo for sending out this kit to reviewers and winners, looks great!

20201028_140427.jpg

What do you get in the big box:

20201028_140458.jpg
20201028_140505.jpg

On the left you get the Mod in its own box. I got the Retro version (the light brown also known as Vintage in some of their other devices). More on what is in that box shortly.

20201028_140517.jpg

In the middle you get 3 spare tanks/pods. Up top is the PnP 2ml pod, with the MTL tip. Underneath that you get the 4.5ml PnP pod (the standard one). Right at the bottom is the Silver RTA Pod 2ml for those that prefer rebuildables.

20201028_140526.jpg

On the right you get the Plethora of coils and accessories underneath. The Coil options below:
TR1 - 1.2 (blue o-rings)
TM2 - 0.8 (blue o-rings)
VM4 - 0.6 (red o-rings)
VM3 – 0.45 (red o-rings)
VM6 – 0.15 (black o-rings)
VM5 – 0.2 (black o-rings)
VM1 – 0.3Ω (red o-rings)
RBA – 0.6 (the gold one for the rebuilders)

20201028_140531.jpg

Underneath the coil insert you get another coil not listed on the pack, which was quite a bonus surprise for me too. It is the TM1 – 0.6 (with blue o-rings). You also get your baggies of spares: Cotton for the RTA/RBA, Allen wrench for the RTA with Clapton coil and extra post screws, Blue barbie screwdriver, coiling rod, PnP RBA coil, post screws and extra o-rings for the RBA.

20201028_140609.jpg

Now to the Mod’s packaging:

It has the Black rendition of the device on the picture, but is marked with a sticker of what is inside. Slide it open and there the mod with a 4.5ml PnP tank lies before you in all its glory! Underneath it you get an accessory box containing:
USB type-C charge cable
User Manual (with quite a few language options)
Silica gel packet
and two more coils… YES, 2 MORE COILS! One VM6 – 0.15 and one VM5 – 0.2.

20201028_140700.jpg 20201028_140740.jpg 20201028_140757.jpg 20201028_140815.jpg

So all and all you get 10 PnP coils, 1 RBA and 1 RTA…. So even for someone like me that tends to kill a stock-coil in 3 to 4 days, I have enough in this box to see me through for a while before I have to run out and buy some more coils. And with the RBA and RTA options, you don’t even need to either use all the stock-coils or buy more if you are going to be rebuilding in any case. But for me, I will have to test the lot of them as I go along, it is going to take me a while to get through it though, so don’t expect any updates on coil performance any time soon.

Before I get to the mod, I just need to mention a few things.

The tank/pods are the same you get on the Drag S/X, PnP Tank and the V.Suit (and the new Argus Pro PodMod coming out soon). So there is nothing new to note there. The fact that you get all these options just makes this kit so much more convenient and versatile. Voopoo really did a great job with this setup for sure.

The next elephant to address in the room: this is a pod-mod with interchangeable batteries, do not think you are going to replace your single/dual/triple/quad/custom 24 battery mods with this baby. This was Voopoo’s attempt to make it the best of all worlds and catering for a lot of vapers out there. So if you are not into the pod-scene, or don’t use replaceable batteries, then maybe this one is not for you.

Now, lets talk MOD:

Taking it out the first thing I noticed is how light it is. Compared to the previous dual battery kit (Argus GT) that came out, this one is right up there for lightweight mods. Even though a bit more robust in shape, it falls back onto the original Drag series of mods. The paint job looks good in black, none of that Water Splatter covering that makes you wonder of you messed eliquid or someone sneezed all over it.

The feel in the hand is quite comfortable too, whether you use thumb fire or trigger fire, it works both ways.

The buttons are quite clicky, but not over noisy. The fire button has a comfortable indentation and all the buttons are raised, you wont need to fumble around in the dark to find them.

Battery door/latch slides open to the back end of the mod (away from the buttons). This mod is a dual 18650 mod with the polarity clearly marked on the door/latch, nothing on the far end of the chambers.

The leather grip is gorgeous with DRAG imprinted on the one side and VOOPOO on the other end. The little panels to match the leather grip is a nice touch. They could have done away with printing GENE Chip Inside and Spark Your Life on these panels, but hey, that’s just my opinion on it. It does not take anything away form the mod.

20201028_140936.jpg 20201028_140943.jpg 20201028_140948.jpg 20201028_140954.jpg 20201028_140958.jpg 20201028_141007.jpg 20201028_141022.jpg 20201028_141044.jpg

With the batteries in, the mod fires up and it brings you to the Smart Mode. Similar to the recent Drag Series of devices with all your basic info on there.
- DRAG
- Battery Bars for both cells
- Wattage
- What mode you are in (S for Smart Mode with yellow display/R for Rebuildable Mode with blue display)
- Puff counter (which you reset by holding the fire button and the down button)
- Voltage
- Ohms
- Puff time
- And the little bar indicating your puff time as a graph

Adjusting the power is as easy as pushing the up and down buttons. Just note that on S mode you will be limited to a maximum wattage based on what the chip reads the coil’s resistance at. On R mode you can asjust it up all the way from 5w to 177w in one-watt increments.

With smart mode activated, the moment you stick a pod on with a coil in it, the device will adjust the wattage to the recommended setting for the specific coil you have in the pod…. Nifty Hey! Makes life soooo much easier if you are a plug and play kinda vaper.

Pushing the Fire and Up button locks the device. You cannot fire at all when locked. Just repeat the process to unlock it again.

20201028_141103.jpg 20201028_141113.jpg

Then there is the added screen orientation option on this device. Push the up and down buttons together and you have the option of Iron (which is your standard portrait orientation) or Core (more on that in a moment). Select the option you want by pushing the up/down button. Hold in the fire button and voila! You flip the Theme/screen into landscape with the Core selection. It still has all the info you have on the standard screen, just sideways…. I bit of a gimmick for me, I will keep to the Iron Theme thank you Voopoo, but very nice for those that likes to have it a bit different.

20201028_141127.jpg 20201028_141139.jpg 20201028_141206.jpg

The airflow control (as this is a pod mod and reliant on internal airflow control) is stated in the frame that holds the pod in place. It has a slider in the back that you just swing left to right to either open or close the two airflow slots on the side of the frame.

20201028_141323.jpg 20201028_141330.jpg

As for performance and battery life on the mod, it is subjective to how you use it. I started off with the 0.3Ω coil, at 35w and managed to get two days (500puffs) out of 2 Samsung 30Q’s. Every coil/wattage/ohm change will make that count different.

The mod also looks great with all the different Pod/Tank options on top of it!

20201028_141231.jpg 20201028_141247.jpg 20201028_141305.jpg

Answering a few of the basic questions that comes to mind:

Is it value for money if you buy one? YES
Does it do what it is designed for? YES
Will it replace my DNA/Mixx? NO
Will I buy one if this one breaks? Still early days, will leave that as a MAYBE

So far I am loving it, great design, great idea with all the capabilities.

I have not even touched on fully testing it with all the options, nor have I started using the 5 bottles of juice I got with it either (that will be a different review all together).

Thank you to @VOOPOO for sending it to me. Job well done! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Hello Everyone! I recently got my hands on the Voopoo Drag Max Kit via Voopoo’s Facebook Page giveaway. Now this is a first for me to even try and review a product and provide feedback on it, but here it goes.

Straight off the bat it looks awesome. The presentation and packaging is brilliant. Everything comes in one big box. Well done with Voopoo for sending out this kit to reviewers and winners, looks great!

View attachment 212011

View attachment 212012
View attachment 212013

On the left you get the Mod in its own box. I got the Retro version (the light brown also known as Vintage in some of their other devices). More on what is in that box shortly.

View attachment 212014)

In the middle you get 3 spare tanks/pods. Up top is the PnP 2ml pod, with the MTL tip. Underneath that you get the 4.5ml PnP pod (the standard one). Right at the bottom is the Silver RTA Pod 2ml for those that prefer rebuildables.

View attachment 212015

On the right you get the Plethora of coils and accessories underneath. The Coil options below:
TR1 - 1.2 (blue o-rings)
TM2 - 0.8 (blue o-rings)
VM4 - 0.6 (red o-rings)
VM3 – 0.45 (red o-rings)
VM1 – 0.3Ω (red o-rings)

View attachment 212016

Underneath the coil insert you get another coil not listed on the pack, which was quite a bonus surprise for me too. It is the TM1 – 0.6 (with blue o-rings). You also get your baggies of spares: Cotton for the RTA/RBA, Allen wrench for the RTA with Clapton coil and extra post screws, Blue barbie screwdriver, coiling rod, PnP RBA coil, post screws and extra o-rings for the RBA.

View attachment 212017

It has the Black rendition of the device on the picture, but is marked with a sticker of what is inside. Slide it open and there the mod with a 4.5ml PnP tank lies before you in all its glory! Underneath it you get an accessory box containing:
USB type-C charge cable
Silica gel packet

View attachment 212018 View attachment 212019 View attachment 212020 View attachment 212021

So all and all you get 10 PnP coils, 1 RBA and 1 RTA…. So even for someone like me that tends to kill a stock-coil in 3 to 4 days, I have enough in this box to see me through for a while before I have to run out and buy some more coils. And with the RBA and RTA options, you don’t even need to either use all the stock-coils or buy more if you are going to be rebuilding in any case. But for me, I will have to test the lot of them as I go along, it is going to take me a while to get through it though, so don’t expect any updates on coil performance any time soon.

The tank/pods are the same you get on the Drag S/X, PnP Tank and the V.Suit (and the new Argus Pro PodMod coming out soon). So there is nothing new to note there. The fact that you get all these options just makes this kit so much more convenient and versatile. Voopoo really did a great job with this setup for sure.

The next elephant to address in the room: this is a pod-mod with interchangeable batteries, do not think you are going to replace your single/dual/triple/quad/custom 24 battery mods with this baby. This was Voopoo’s attempt to make it the best of all worlds and catering for a lot of vapers out there. So if you are not into the pod-scene, or don’t use replaceable batteries, then maybe this one is not for you.

Now, lets talk MOD:

Taking it out the first thing I noticed is how light it is. Compared to the previous dual battery kit (Argus GT) that came out, this one is right up there for lightweight mods. Even though a bit more robust in shape, it falls back onto the original Drag series of mods. The paint job looks good in black, none of that Water Splatter covering that makes you wonder of you messed eliquid or someone sneezed all over it.

The feel in the hand is quite comfortable too, whether you use thumb fire or trigger fire, it works both ways.

The buttons are quite clicky, but not over noisy. The fire button has a comfortable indentation and all the buttons are raised, you wont need to fumble around in the dark to find them.

Battery door/latch slides open to the back end of the mod (away from the buttons). This mod is a dual 18650 mod with the polarity clearly marked on the door/latch, nothing on the far end of the chambers.

The leather grip is gorgeous with DRAG imprinted on the one side and VOOPOO on the other end. The little panels to match the leather grip is a nice touch. They could have done away with printing GENE Chip Inside and Spark Your Life on these panels, but hey, that’s just my opinion on it. It does not take anything away form the mod.

View attachment 212022 View attachment 212023 View attachment 212024 View attachment 212025 View attachment 212026 View attachment 212027 View attachment 212028 View attachment 212029

With the batteries in, the mod fires up and it brings you to the Smart Mode. Similar to the recent Drag Series of devices with all your basic info on there.
- DRAG
- Wattage
- What mode you are in (S for Smart Mode with yellow display/R for Rebuildable Mode with blue display)
- Voltage
- Ohms
- Puff time

Adjusting the power is as easy as pushing the up and down buttons. Just note that on S mode you will be limited to a maximum wattage based on what the chip reads the coil’s resistance at. On R mode you can asjust it up all the way from 5w to 177w in one-watt increments.

With smart mode activated, the moment you stick a pod on with a coil in it, the device will adjust the wattage to the recommended setting for the specific coil you have in the pod…. Nifty Hey! Makes life soooo much easier if you are a plug and play kinda vaper.

Pushing the Fire and Up button locks the device. You cannot fire at all when locked. Just repeat the process to unlock it again.

View attachment 212030 View attachment 212031

Then there is the added screen orientation option on this device. Push the up and down buttons together and you have the option of Iron (which is your standard portrait orientation) or Core (more on that in a moment). Select the option you want by pushing the up/down button. Hold in the fire button and voila! You flip the Theme/screen into landscape with the Core selection. It still has all the info you have on the standard screen, just sideways…. I bit of a gimmick for me, I will keep to the Iron Theme thank you Voopoo, but very nice for those that likes to have it a bit different.

View attachment 212032 View attachment 212033 View attachment 212034

The airflow control (as this is a pod mod and reliant on internal airflow control) is stated in the frame that holds the pod in place. It has a slider in the back that you just swing left to right to either open or close the two airflow slots on the side of the frame.

View attachment 212035 View attachment 212036

As for performance and battery life on the mod, it is subjective to how you use it. I started off with the 0.3Ω coil, at 35w and managed to get two days (500puffs) out of 2 Samsung 30Q’s. Every coil/wattage/ohm change will make that count different.

View attachment 212037 View attachment 212038 View attachment 212039

I have not even touched on fully testing it with all the options, nor have I started using the 5 bottles of juice I got with it either (that will be a different review all together).

Thank you to @VOOPOO for sending it to me. Job well done! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!
Voopoo didn’t send me one, so I had to buy the standard kit :(.

It really is as good as it’s cracked up to be. Lightweight and comfortable with a strong Lost Vape vibe going on. I’ve been blown away by the PnP pods since getting the Drag X, so no difference here other than battery life. Just picked up a couple of the PnP tanks as well to try some different builds, but even these are incredibly clever.

Voopoo are on to a winning formula here.

View attachment 212011

View attachment 212012
View attachment 212013

View attachment 212014

View attachment 212015

TR1 - 1.2 (blue o-rings)
TM2 - 0.8 (blue o-rings)
VM4 - 0.6 (red o-rings)
VM3 – 0.45 (red o-rings)
VM1 – 0.3Ω (red o-rings)

View attachment 212016

View attachment 212017

USB type-C charge cable
Silica gel packet

View attachment 212018 View attachment 212019 View attachment 212020 View attachment 212021

Now, lets talk MOD:

View attachment 212022 View attachment 212023 View attachment 212024 View attachment 212025 View attachment 212026 View attachment 212027 View attachment 212028 View attachment 212029

- DRAG
- Wattage
- Voltage
- Ohms
- Puff time

View attachment 212030 View attachment 212031

View attachment 212032 View attachment 212033 View attachment 212034

View attachment 212035 View attachment 212036

View attachment 212037 View attachment 212038 View attachment 212039

Brilliantly detailed and fully informative review.
Hope you enjoy it.

Back