What is going on with the classifieds ?

DoC

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Every thread in the classified section has links , and all links lead to Vapeking threads or threads by gizmo. Am i missing something ? I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Dubz this doesn't explain what I'm asking in the least ... This is talking about improvements . I don't see how every classified having a link and all those links leading me to a vk or gizmo thread is an improvement . Please elaborate instead of cutting and pasting.

41ae90dfa887c18f7459331363233445.jpg
d9d30e9bb5aa940716af241890f3b9ec.jpg

Click the link and takes you to a thread by stroodle. Wtf how is this an improvement .

So I've also wondered what's going on here , figured things were still in testing phase

On tapatalk the links take me to random pages , once to a Skyblue page

On chrome I get a message that I have insufficient privileges to post here

And is gizmo really selling a SIG for r700 ???

Seems like targeted marketing at its best to me. Testing phase se gat. Don't list something as an improvement than regress. It's more than contradictory it's stupid.

@Dubz this doesn't explain what I'm asking in the least ... This is talking about improvements . I don't see how every classified having a link and all those links leading me to a vk or gizmo thread is an improvement . Please elaborate instead of cutting and pasting.

I copy and pasted because that is the thread that announced the change. Why don't you PM @Gizmo and ask him what you need to know?

No no ... What is right is right. I go to the classified to do just that. I go to browse the classys not be redirected to random threads. This isn't a personal attack this is an issue I have with the forum hence the title says 'what's going on with the classified'

Seems like targeted marketing at its best to me. Testing phase se gat. Don't list something as an improvement than regress. It's more than contradictory it's stupid.
Maybe you are jumping to conclusions too soon. I just visited the Lemo2 ad and everything works as it should and none of the linking you are referring too. This is from my PC.

@Dubz is gizmo the authority? Because I was under the impression that if we had a question we could ask.. I don't realize all queries had to be pmd

Maybe it's just Tapatalk than @Andre but clearly I'm not the only one.. Also Iv sent screenshots as proof so I'm not making this up.

@Dubz is gizmo the authority? Because I was under the impression that if we had a question we could ask.. I don't realize all queries had to be pmd

He is the one that made the changes - so i'm sure he can explain it best?

Targeted marketing I will retract as that might be an assumption so I withdraw that. But as far as this being an improvement it isn't for me.

Could this perhaps be an issue with tapatalk? I haven't tried it on the pc yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe you are jumping to conclusions too soon. I just visited the Lemo2 ad and everything works as it should and none of the linking you are referring too. This is from my PC.
i agree i don't get redirected to other stuff also on the pc seems fine to me maybe you found some kind of glitch with something to do with mobile browsing i'm no ITdude so who knows @DoC

The title is what is going on.. Now that we can see it's just Tapatalk I'll wait for some more info. All I want to know is why can't I view classifieds anymore. Simple as that.

So just did some testing from chrome .

Clicked on the lemo2 link and get to a page where I can contact seller or read more about the classified . insufficient privileges to comment on that page directly

Once I click on that button to read more then it takes me to a page where I can comment etc.

I agree maybe it's a Tapatalk issue and not a pc issue seems like. I usually only use Tapatalk for the forum so and explanation or update would be appreciated. Thanx

A Tapatalk issue than it seems like.

The links work fine from my desktop as well, maybe a problem with tapatalk intergration????:shake: I dont have tapatalk to confirm.

Thanks @Dubz and @Andre

@DoC, dont worry, nothing bad going on here
Gizmo installed a new Classifieds system which has the potential to solve many problems we were having in the past. It is still going to have a few tweaks here and there so please feel free to post on anything you see that can be improved

As for the existing Classifieds, they have been "frozen" - so members with unsold "old classifieds" need to make a new classified with the new system

The new classifieds can be accessed by clicking on the classifieds button at the top of the page but the ads also will feature in the classifieds threads in the place where they always were

Sorry if this caused any confusion but its all just trying to improve the whole thing. There are some things that we have already earmarked for improvement. But to my knowledge it is working well.

I've just checked a few classifieds from my phone browser, I don't see any of the links you're referring to.

The add on module used for the classifieds is still in beta so we can expect a few glitches at this stage

Thank you @Silver , now it explains a lot. So there are bugs basically and they will get sorted out. Thank you.

@BumbleBee I sent screenshots so you can see that it is happening. But seems like it's Tapatalk because I'm not the only one experiencing this. But thank you for the response

Back