Where to Start

HvNDhF

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All.

Hope all is well.

Can I please ask some stupid newbie questions.
I have been vaping for a while using a Rage Squonk Kit and Drop RDA. I like that set up with no issues thus far but Im really getting tierd of this massive device that I need to carry around everywhere.

I would like to get something smaller to use when I go for a couple of rounds with the friends or playing a game of golf.

I will still use my Rage when Im at home but need something more portable.

Where do I start? What is a good quality Pod System to get, do I use Nic Salts? I have no idea how these Pod Systems work and how long do there coils lasts etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

Here is what I use.
1st device was a Vaporesso PM80 using 0.3 ohm coils running at 37w. nice device with lots of flavour
2nd was a Geekvape boost. got the 0.6 an 0.4 ohm coils. 0.6 mutes the flavour and a tight draw.
0.4 is lovely.
Those two is my out and about devices. Boost nice cuase of the IP rating PM80 I get a full days battery.
but when at home I use a Dovpo topside with Recurve.
I would say the boost is very nice cause it is very light hardly feel it in my pocket. When working don't chain vape do battery lasts on the boost.

Don't have boost for that long so can't comment on coils lasting, on the PM80 they last about 10 days with juices that have super sweet in and about 15 days with no super sweet.

I use freebase juice in all my devices.

Hope this info helps

It largely depends on how often and how long your breaks are. If it’s the breakfast-break-lunch-break-home, a pod setup should be fine, but more inclined to use salt at 25mg+ as the uptake is quicker and more intense than freebase. I’ve been using a Boost for a few weeks now and it’s fine for that amount of use. If you chain vape at work, it won’t last the whole day. Drag S and Drag X are getting some good write-ups as well.

@HvNDhF
I'm most impressed with the SMOK Nord VERSION 2. (Note: it must be the Nord 2, not the Nord 1).

Advantages:
  • Variable wattage (between 1 - 40W)
  • Can be used for any type of juice: freebase, MTL (high nic freebase) or nic salts. Just make sure that you use the correct coil.
  • Different coils available.
  • 1500mAh battery
  • 4.5ml pod
Disadvantages:
None!

The other pod system which I love is the Amulet Pod Watch, mainly for the convenience of wearing a "watch" instead of needing to carry it with you - and it works as a real watch too! Love it!

So basically I never vape at work. It is purely when Im on a more social event like golf or having the dop and chop.
Ive seen the Smok Nord v2 and also been advises on the uwell koko but the 520mah battery is making me worried.....

And pretty pointless to buy a device now as I wont be able to get nicsalts anywhere.....:wondering:

@Hooked Can you maybe point me in the right direction for what coil to use with what juice please? As I can then try them all and see what I like? Would be greatly appreciated

@Hooked Can you maybe point me in the right direction for what coil to use with what juice please? As I can then try them all and see what I like? Would be greatly appreciated
Me personally like the 1.4 ohm coil tighter draw battery life lasts 1and a half a day sometimes 2 depends on use and juice last long that is with the smok nord 2 on my side. And the 0.6 ohm also good in my opinion. Just my 2c

Just buy a single batt squonk and go on as you used too. Something like a Pulse that is made of plastic and are light.
If you used to squonking on an rda then the flavor of a pod is going to be pretty disappointing. Only pods with good flavor is the ones with mesh coils 0.6ohm and lower, and on that low ohm the little batteries on a pod is dead in an hour or two

Hi All.

Hope all is well.

Can I please ask some stupid newbie questions.
I have been vaping for a while using a Rage Squonk Kit and Drop RDA. I like that set up with no issues thus far but Im really getting tierd of this massive device that I need to carry around everywhere.

I would like to get something smaller to use when I go for a couple of rounds with the friends or playing a game of golf.

I will still use my Rage when Im at home but need something more portable.

Where do I start? What is a good quality Pod System to get, do I use Nic Salts? I have no idea how these Pod Systems work and how long do there coils lasts etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Look into the Freemax Autopod50.
Small pod device DL coils that lasts endlessly. Awesome flavour and decent battery and pod size.

Have a look at the Geekvape Aegis squonk. I recently got one, and I have to say it is a lovely device. Smaller than the Pulse and drop, shock + waterproof also. Pair that with a Profile mesh RDA and you should be good to go.
See image attached.

Aegis A.jpg

With pleasure, @HvNDhF

Freebase (i.e. ordinary) juice:
Nord Mesh 0.6ohm
RPM Mesh 0.4ohm
RPM Triple 0.6ohm

Nic Salts
Important: Nic Salts MUST be vaped with a coil of 1.0ohm or higher and at low wattage (about 12W). If not, it releases toxins.

Nord Regular 1.4ohm
RPM Quartz 1.4ohm

The Nord 2 comes with two pods. An RPM pod which takes the RPM coil (which is larger in size than the standard coils) and a standard pod for the standard Nord coils.

Have a look at the Geekvape Aegis squonk. I recently got one, and I have to say it is a lovely device. Smaller than the Pulse and drop, shock + waterproof also. Pair that with a Profile mesh RDA and you should be good to go.
See image attached.

View attachment 202558
I heard these are discontinued. Older stock might be floating still.

Just buy a single batt squonk and go on as you used too. Something like a Pulse that is made of plastic and are light.
If you used to squonking on an rda then the flavor of a pod is going to be pretty disappointing. Only pods with good flavor is the ones with mesh coils 0.6ohm and lower, and on that low ohm the little batteries on a pod is dead in an hour or two

I hear what you are saying and it makes sense but as I mentioned this will not be a all day everyday vape for me, this will pretty much be a go to device for when going out for a couple of hours and dont want to cloud up the place with massive clouds, and also dont want to carry around that massive device.
Looking for a small unit that fits in my pocket.
I will still use the Squonk and Drop when Im at home

Back