Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
I’m trying to work out why I can’t get back into squonking… I have all the awesome BF RDA’s and beautiful Ni80 Clapton coils and when I first wick up and squonk it’s marvellous and I think this time I have it waxed… and then the next day the juice tastes kak! I wonder if it’s not these silicone bottles making my juice change taste? It’s certainly not the wicks and or coils because they are in perfect condition.
HandTherion 001.JPG

I’m trying to work out why I can’t get back into squonking… I have all the awesome BF RDA’s and beautiful Ni80 Clapton coils and when I first wick up and squonk it’s marvellous and I think this time I have it waxed… and then the next day the juice tastes kak! I wonder if it’s not these silicone bottles making my juice change taste? It’s certainly not the wicks and or coils because they are in perfect condition.
View attachment 118672

Cant help much here as I usually squonk a bottle to a battery and then once empty I move on to another device. I've never had juice stand overnight in a squonk bottle. I do notice a superb flavor output on fresh wicks and coils and then every subsequent refill is good enough. maybe its the battery dropping off in output value before your bottle juice is out resulting in lack of performance and affecting flavor? Maybe the silicon bottles aren't airtight enough like the unicorn bottles and the excess air is causing the juice oxidation to affect the flavor? Just a shot in the dark here as since I moved over to squonking I just don't enjoy RTA's that much anymore with the exception of the BB and skyline

What happens when you try the same rda, same build, without the squonk pin and use it as a normal dripper? That could rule out if the silicone bottles is giving you an off taste?

Could be the bottles.... maybe try washing them as soon as they taste like dudu and see if it changes Captain

Its the squonk god jinxing you for abandoning your Reos :)

Seriously though I think you are probably spoiling it by alternating between the BB's and Skylines.

As much as I love my Reo's the flavour generated by the Skyline is just simply unparalleled.

@Clouds4Days there is something to your theory because other juices not as much difference... but with XXX aka Red Pill the difference is marked and that's my 97% ADV...

Maybe one of the flavourants in red pill doesn't go well with silcone ? Vapour Mountain uses their own concentrates to make their own juice if im not mistaken.

Seriously though I think you are probably spoiling it by alternating between the BB's and Skylines.

As much as I love my Reo's the flavour generated by the Skyline is just simply unparalleled.

You think skyline has better flavour than a dripper on a squonker o_O

For that particular juice - definitely. But then again - the perception of flavour is subjective so perhaps I should qualify my statement by stating that for me Red Pill in a Skyline is better than in an RDA on a squonker........happy now? ;)

For that particular juice - definitely. But then again - the perception of flavour is subjective so perhaps I should qualify my statement by stating that for me Red Pill in a Skyline is better than in an RDA on a squonker........happy now? ;)

Very thank you so much :-D
I do a agree though that fruity menthol juice in general are better suited in a rta as the menthol becomes very intense in a rda but thats just cause a rda has better flavour and brings out notes better . :-D

You think skyline has better flavour than a dripper on a squonker o_O

It most certainly does for me with XXX (aka Red Pill)... and by a long way! I have never understood how people say a Dripper is better flavour than an RTA... and I guess it depends on the JUICE!

Im using the same tank and for the first bottle its perfect. Next day same juice in and its not so good. And over the next day or 2 it gets worse. The only thing that sorts it out is a rewick. Not sure but im starting to think NI80 just doesnt do well over time as the coils gunk up pretty quickly especially in the inside of the coil that you cant normally see. I feel the reason may be that its all this low wattage vaping. Higher wattage vaping seems to have much less coil gunk as it burns off all the flavour on the coil. Lower wattage doesnt seem to burn off. But again im just assuming on what ive noticed.

Im using the same tank and for the first bottle its perfect. Next day same juice in and its not so good. And over the next day or 2 it gets worse. The only thing that sorts it out is a rewick. Not sure but im starting to think NI80 just doesnt do well over time as the coils gunk up pretty quickly especially in the inside of the coil that you cant normally see. I feel the reason may be that its all this low wattage vaping. Higher wattage vaping seems to have much less coil gunk as it burns off all the flavour on the coil. Lower wattage doesnt seem to burn off. But again im just assuming on what ive noticed.

Now this theory I like and could have merit... I will haul out the kanthal and see if that makes a difference! Thanks @Kalashnikov! In the days I used Kanthal and REO's I never had that issue... but I was using a different juice at the time.

Now this theory I like and could have merit... I will haul out the kanthal and see if that makes a difference! Thanks @Kalashnikov! In the days I used Kanthal and REO's I never had that issue... but I was using a different juice at the time.
Agreed, back in the day there was only kanthal and nothing fancy and it did the job so its definitely worth a try. These tiny tanks can work pretty well with plain old round wire builds. Will have to try some kanthal tonight as i been wicking every second day which driving me nuts:mad:

Have you tried a different juice Uncle Rob? Could be the excess juice draining from the coils to the bottle causing an issue with one of the concentrates.

Have you tried a different juice Uncle Rob? Could be the excess juice draining from the coils to the bottle causing an issue with one of the concentrates.

Yip that could well be the issue... I will do some tests with other juices...

I have had the same problem @Rob Fisher I find I get a silicone taste if the juice has been in the bottle over a couple of hours. My theory is it is the little connecting pipe giving the bad flavour.
I flush mine at least once a day with water. I also found some squonk mods don't kick like I want them to so I polished the contacts.
My two favourite squonks are a coppervape and a stabwood I got off @Spyro neither cost more than R500.

I have an Octopus arriving early Feb so I will be able to compare to what is considered a higher end squonk. They come with silver contacts for better ooomph

So I used to love xxx in my skyline and bb. It's an amazing flavour in there. However when I add to a squonk mech or even regulated it tastes Blah. Missing a lot of the notes for me. Tried every possible build on many RDA's and still hated it. In fact I hated it so much I stopped using xxx altogether. Gringo and Panama is out of this world on a squonk mod with ANY RDA. Its just rocks. Then I put that on a Skyline and Bamn Flavour's are gone. Missing all those notes. So I figured out that maybe certain Juices are for certain Attys. Now trying Red Pill and wow once again the skyline and BB knocks it out the park but on a squonk mech it's horrible. So Red pill stays but only for Skyline and BB. Panama and Gringo only for Squonker's and with any RDA because all rock.

I do think some juices are for certain RDA's & RTA's. It brings the flavours out so differently. Well for my taste buds that is.

@Rob Fisher - this is most interesting

I tend to agree with @Ash - I think some juices are just better suited to certain devices.

Y
View attachment 118672
You need to buy 147 new mods and atties. Oh, I see you already have...

I have also found that I enjoyed fruity menthol juices way more in the Reload RTA than on the squonker,and dessert juices were awesome on the squonker...bottles are another story,since getting this Dee bottle my squonking experience improved x100000...its a ***** to refill(if anyone has some tips,please...?),but its soft but firm enough if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back