Wonder Flavours (WF) Concentrate Reviews

WF Starfruit SC
Mixed at 3% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic
Tested on a Goon RDA, 0.24 Ohms, 50W
Steep time: 11 days

Notes:
A fantastic SC (super concentrate) of a rather obscure and intriguing fruit. This tastes like a mix between an apple, pear and grape, resulting in a unique flavour = instant fruit salad! This flavours here are not as distinguishable as let’s say apple, guava or banana which makes this an odd one to place. This will struggle as a main flavour profile because of this and I suspect it will always play second fiddle in a fruity type vape…which is a shame really.

It tastes ‘green’ to me, meaning not a vibrant and ripe sweet tropical fruit. It sort of resembles the rind of a melon, slightly unripe, watery soft fruit. I detected some bubblegum notes which indicates a bit of wizardry form the lab. In addition, I picked up a gummy mouth feel - this may be problematic for some but it does add a bit of a different dimension.

Recommend to a friend: Yebo
Rating: 3/5

WF Pistachio Cream SC

Notes:
This is a straight up Pistchio and vanilla ice cream, period.

A rich, full ice cream infused with very realistic pistachios. Close your eyes and you can almost feel the crunch of the pistachios in this marvellous wonder!

This is perfect as a standalone and will do magical things in bakeries. I’d add a spot of cream/custard/CCI to take this form great to spectacular!!!

Not more to say as this is just sublime…

Rating: 5/5

WF Frozen Yoghurt SC

Notes:
This is a creamy blend of ice cream and yoghurt, straight up. This is the yoghurt base you will find at those frozen yoghurt shops like Wakaberry = SWEET. There is precious little tartness present form the yoghurt and I thing most will be oblivious to the fact that this actually contains yoghurt.

5% is perfect as a base for a sweet Frozen yoghurt and 3% only if you add a bit of regular yoghurt to cut the sweetness here.

Recommend to a friend: Maybe
Rating: 3/5

WF Apple Cider

Mixed at 7% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic

Notes:
This is a warm, yellow apple cider (alcohol free nogal) which have been infused with a pinch (a very small pinch at that) of spices, barely recognisable. I found it rather flat, linear and thin and not a very good attempt at a cider.

You get the flesh of the apple only with no discernable texture or depth. This can so easily be provided by means of the skin, pips, crunch and grittiness of the flesh but for some reason they decided to omit the soul of the apple…

Its dry, but you can’t drink it…

Recommend to a friend: Haibo
Rating: 1/5

WF Blueberry Smoothie

Notes:
A fantastical rich, creamy and smooth blueberry smoothie BASE. I stress base as I think it needs a little something to make this better than what it is trying to be. The simple of addition of a touch of cream and bilberry will take this over the edge – perhaps a smidgen of super sweet…

I detected a slight candy vibe, as evident in some of the other WF flavours…

This will work well as a standalone at 10% and 7% as a base with some goodies added as explained above.

Good but can be made great, easily

Rating: 4/5

WF Butter Pecan Pie

Notes:
Wow! This is a very realistic pecan pie, not as cloyingly sweet as the one at Woolies, so good for Banters!

The pecans are very realistic and pulled off perfectly here. Like the pistachio in the Pistachio cream, they have nailed the nut profile 100%.

The pie itself lacks a bit of buttery goodness and the crust is little thin but that can be remedied. A bit of brown sugar and butter and you will be stylin!

This will be delectable with a bit of ice cream and perhaps some rich, creamy custard!!!

Yes Please!

WF Caramel Butter

Notes:
A good, strong, creamy caramel which will work perfectly in bakeries and creams without imparting an overbearing sweetness, which can often be overdone.

There is a nice buttery note here but not overly so – just nice and creamy/buttery which calms the caramel down a tad.

It is a good caramel but not as rounded or bold as FA Caramel, which is the undisputed king in this arena. A fabulous top note for bakeries and custards and definitely tobaccos!

Very good indeed

WF Cinnamon Pastry

Notes:
An attempt at cinnamon pastry sounds simple enough but I’m afraid they cocked this one up. What you get is a thin/flat/bland pastry flavour with a very light dusting of ‘cheap’ cinnamon. This needs a good base to bolster what is there – perhaps a bit of CCI, but I’m not sure it is salvageable…

WF Caramel Rice Crispy Treats

Notes:
I did a double take when I sampled this first as I could not detect an ounce of rice or rice crispies here… I know rice is pretty bland but it still has a flavour, none of which is present here.

There is no texture – just a sweet, almost marshmallow sort of vibe – nothing else.

Call it sweetener and be done with it…

WF Roasted Pecans and Cream

Notes:
Wow!!! We have a winner!!! The first taste here is very surprising indeed = Coffee. After a quick internet search, I saw that most testers noted coffee as a profle here which made me more comfortable as I thought I was going mad (after the rice crispy treats!). This has strong, bold roasted nuts notes, very reminiscent of roast coffee. I can liken the smell to the smell I recall fondly when I used to roast fresh peanuts, in the shell, in the oven. The moment you open the oven door, you are confronted with a wiff of freshly roasted nuts and that is exactly what you get here and it is beautiful!

So, a very strong nutty/coffee note which will work wonders in a coffee recipe and even better in a bakery – think sugar cookies or INW biscuit with heavy nutty notes!!!

Yes please!!

WF Vanilla Ruyan Custard

Notes:
A creamy, caramel infused custard infused by a stunning RY4 type tobacco which makes for fantastic vaping! Slightly buttery and beautifully smooth, this one will stay in my rotation for sure!

Add a bit RY4 Double and you will be in heaven!!! Add a dollop of INW Crème Brulee and this will be orgasmic…!

Gimme more!!

Enough said.

WF Tahitian Vanilla Cream

Notes:
A sweet, deep vanilla cream – made from the best Tahitian vanilla beans money can buy… This is VERY similar to TFA French Vanilla Crème and, in my opinion, even better. Full bodied, rich vanilla goodness, period.

I detected slight coconut notes which can be very advantageous in certain bakeries.

A fantastic standalone at 7%.

Gimme more!!!

Last edited:
Banoffee pie sc

Mix 3%
70/30
1.5mg
0.4 Clapton
Hadaly
11 day steep

I actually ran this through multiple devices on different days. But try as I might, I couldn’t find any banoffee pie in sight.
What I did get was an incredibly dark, rich, thick, almost burnt (not bitter though) creamy caramel.
There is a dark roasted biscuit base that dominates on exhale.
This is an amazing flavour that has very little relation to the name.

Off notes

Slight burnt taste but it’s actually enjoyable.

Pairings

This can go with so much. It’s made for a tobacco, any sort of creamy pie recipe. I can see it up there with the dulce leches of the world.
It’s the only tester that I’ve remade so far from scratch as I’ve killed off my first bottle.
It’s versatile, I can see this being in a lot of diyers arsenals.

And at 3% it packs a punch, 1% will be great in a mix.

Highly recommend, would love to taste it with some HS banana.
Some few hazelnut or lb pecan cream would also make a great pairing.

Last edited:
*Disclaimer* These concentrates were provided free of charge for the purpose of review by The Flavour Mill.

WF GUSHY CANDY

Mixed At: 1% - 2% in 60/40 VG/PG
Tested On: Cyclops RDA, 0.4 Ohms, 30W and Griffin RTA 0.4ohms 30w
Steeped: 11 Days

NOTES:

We don't get this type of (GUSHER CANDY) here, but it is a sour'y sweet jelly candy. I also knew what to expect because I made plenty of that Gush Clone DIY recipe that went around.

The WF concentrate, in my opinion, is actually better tasting than that GUSH CLONE. The balance between the sour and sweet is just spot on. You get both sour and sweet, no harshness, and if anything, its just the jelly aspect that is ever so slightly light. And it is not the fullest mouth-feel, but sufficient at 60VG. I just want to bump up to 70VG for a bit more in that aspect.

As far as off-notes - I don't get that, sometimes off-putting, powdery taste you get off TFA Swedish Fish and FW Gummy at certain percentages. Nothing weird, its just a smooth vape, true to what I think the Candy tastes like.

It is difficult to pick out any particular fruit which makes up the flavour, but I would assume some strawberry, pineapple maybe etc. A combination of sweet fruit and tart fruit.

USES: This is very solid as a single flavour. And I was surprised at how little the throat-hit was at 60VG, which can be the case with fruits and candy concentrates. If anything, I am just going to amplify the gummy aspect a little, but fortunately not much is needed..

RECOMMENDED PERCENTAGE %: 1% is ever so slightly light even at 60VG. I would edge toward 1.5%. For 70VG I would say betweeen 1.5-2%.

OVERALL: Very tasty flavour here. I will definitely be keeping this in stock for my gummy kick. As said, great on its own, or needs minimal work if you want to take it in any direction you prefer - more sweet, more tart or more gummy.

Last edited:
*Disclaimer* These concentrates were provided free of charge for the purpose of review by The Flavour Mill.

WF CARAMEL RICE CRISPY TREAT

Mixed At: 6% in 60/40 VG/PG
Tested On: Cyclops RDA, 0.4 Ohms, 30W and Griffin RTA 0.4ohms 30w
Steeped: 11 Days

NOTES:

I also thought I may be going mad yesterday, until confirming with Rudy, that he was experiencing the same thing. Despite reading a review on Reddit, where the person claims its an accurate flavour - I get Flapjacks. These are slightly fluffier than pancakes, for those who don't know, and are made in smaller and thicker circles.

I get a beautiful, sweet, bakery cinnamon on the inhale. And at first it was tasting pretty much like a pancake. After a few days passed, it started leaning to the fluffier Flapjack. Cinnamon still there, but a little lighter and a sweetness that may have been Caramel.

It is freekin delicious, but no Rice Puffs here for me at all. I was expecting Rice Crispies, maybe some gooey Marshmallow, but no.

Smooth vape, little throat hit, and no off-notes. Well actually, to be factually correct, it has one major off-note in that it tastes like a Flapjack to me :eek:.

USES: All I want to do, is add some butter, a little yellow cake, and I believe I will have a pretty outstanding Flapjack.

RECOMMENDED PERCENTAGE %: Spot on at 6% at 60VG for a single flavour. I would probably go 6.5-7% for 70VG. For cinammon bakery notes, maybe start at 2%.

OVERALL: Very, very tasty Flapjack. Not Rice Crispy Treat.

Last edited:
Pistachio cream

Mix 2,4%-4%
1.5mg
0.4 clapton
Hadaly
12 day steep

I mixed at what the official blurb recommended, 2.4%, on inhale you get a sweet creamy ice cream flavour. Very reminiscent of the old Korsmans ice cream. The mouth feel is very good.
Pistachio is sadly lacking. There is a definite earthy undertone but it's vague.
I upped to 4% and the creaminess is balanced by a bit more of the nutty flavour.
I don't know what I was expecting, maybe two distinctive flavours pistachio and cream, but thinking back to pistachio ice creams I've tried this recreates it well. They were green and creamy but the nut flavour was very much a secondary concern.
This is more of a sweet ice cream with pistachio sprinkles and as such it's very nice if a bit on the sweet side.

Off notes

None

Pairings

Tobacco
Tpa pistachio for a bolder PIC
AP or nut mix will add some body
Marzipan

Overall

It's tasty at 4%, 2.4% for a mix.

I got sent these concentrates to review from The Flavour Mill. Thank you @DizZa and @Erica_TFM for this opportunity, these are some really great flavourings. I have also taken this opportunity to review 3 other flavours I bought before these reviews, WF Chocolate Chunks, WF Sugar Cone SC and WF Buttercream Frosting SC.

All my testing is on a Narda 24g Kanthal on my Lost Vape Epetite at 40w.

WF Princess Cake SC
A Princess cake is a layer cake or torte covered in marzipan. Does this nail the profile, not quiet, but it's still good. This doesn't have a lot of cake profile so I'm leaning towards a torte or a cream cake. Do you get marzipan? Short answer is no, what you do get is a fatty almond note and its delicious and the single most addicting part of the profile. In total what you get is a very thick cream with light cake notes and a very addicting almond flavour. It's also super concentrated so 3% is perfect as a solo flavouring, but it requires at least a week of steeping to truly develop into its own. If you add CAP Custard V1 with this it becomes a really great almond cream cake, a really addicting vape.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Bakeries, Fruits, Creams, Custard, Nuts, Chocolate.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 3%
Mixed: 1% - 2%
Rating:
3.75/5

Last edited:
WF Blueberry Smoothie
I've been chasing a candied blueberry for ages, the type of blueberry that is candied, syrupy, almost purple jam like blueberry. This is that blueberry, this may be the best blueberry I've tasted on the market, this will work great with a cheesecake, ice cream, cake or yogurt base. If you are looking for a fruity blueberry then this doesn't fit that profile, this is out and out a dessert blueberry. It says smoothie but what i get is more of a cream base that comes at the back end of the vape. You can crank this one up to 7% with CAP New York Cheesecake and you will have a great blueberry cheesecake vape. This has been a blueberry that has alluded me since I first started vaping, this is the blueberry you want and need.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Bakeries, Creams, Custard, Nuts.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 8%
Mixed: 3% - 6%
Rating:
4.5/5

Last edited:
WF Brazilian Coffee SC
This is a really strong coffee with strong skunky notes, what I have found is the suggested percentage of 3% is way too high, coffee is best utilized really low with a ton of sweetener and thick creams, This flavour requires a decent steep, I have it at 10 Days now and it's starting to calm down a lot. If you want to use this as a coffee, I would try and keep it between 0.5% and 0.75% with a thick ice cream and 0.5% Super Sweet. In terms of taste, this has a earthy coffee note and very dark in flavour, it matches the coffee notes I get from strong filtered coffee.
Off Notes:
Skunky coffee notes over 1% and without sweetener.
Pairings:
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 0.75%
Mixed: 0.1% - 0.5%
Rating:
2/5

Last edited:
WF Chocolate Chunks
This has quickly become my number 1 chocolate flavouring, I actually purchased this one, I had high hopes for this and they nailed it. This is the OG INW Milk Chocolate, MB Glamour Chocolate, JF Milk Chocolate and FLV Milk Chocolate Killer. This is a really thick authentic chocolate, it does have more of a 60% Dark Cocoa flavour to it, this isn't a syrup chocolate, when they named it chunks, they were right, it is a chunky chocolate and my favourite right now. Pair this up with a swedish fish/gummy type flavour for some chocolate covered gummies or some Cream Milky undertone for a great chocolate milk.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Bakeries, Creams, Custard, Nuts, Jelly.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 5%
Mixed: 2% - 4%
Rating:
4.5/5

Last edited:
WF Hazelnuts and Cream
This is hazelnut and cream, emphases on the "and" this is one of those flavours with really great separation. What I get is a nice fatty hazelnut taste accented by a salted butter custard. Yes you read that, salt, but it's the best thing in this flavour, it is used to highlight the sweetness of the creams and sell the butter notes of he custard. If you are looking at creating a strawberry jam on toast recipe, this is the flavour you want to build your bread and butter around. This also works great with caramels and butterscotch's, it creates a great salted caramel custard recipe when used effectively. I absolutely love this flavour, I've used it in custards, bakeries and just straight up caramel. This is a winner from WF.
Off Notes:
Some people might find salted butter as an off note, but to me this is great and only a small accent
Pairings:
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 2%
Mixed: 0.5% - 1.5%
Rating:
5/5

Last edited:
WF Peach Pie and Cream
A great yellow peach flavours with a dollop of cream. This doesn't actually have any major crust or pie notes, I get a lot more of a peach and cream note to this, but it's a really great flavour. It's in the middle of a candied profile and authentic, it is also a sweet type of flavour. I have played around with this flavour and found that adding a touch of JF honey peach with custard, makes a really great Peach Tart recipe. This can be used solo and you will have a very complex and deep profile to vape. If you want to push this flavour very far, adding a touch of a peach will lift this flavour to the stratosphere, add TFA whipped cream and we have reached mars, add TFA Pie crust and we are discovering a whole new solar system, a touch of sweetener and its the juice of the future. This is definitely the Top 3 flavours that WF has to offer
Off Notes:
None. Also no Throat Hit.
Pairings:
Bakeries, Creams, Custard, Nuts, Fruits.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 7%
Mixed: 3% - 5%
Rating:
4.75/5

Back