Wotofo Warrior RDA

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Warrior RDA from Wotofo. The Warrior RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Antonio from Wotofo.

https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-warrior-rda.html

Introduction

The Warrior RDA is a collaboration between Wotofo and JMT elite, it is 25mm in diameter and a short RDA with a user friendly build deck and very forgiving airflow system. I will tell you up front the flavour i experienced with the Warrior surprised me as i haven't really heard the Warrior hyped up like atty's that are top notch when it comes to flavour tend to be. I know flavour can be subjective to a degree but the flavour i found to be that good i can't be the only one impressed so why not the hype? Possibly because of an issue with a couple of the colours having resistance reading issue's which i will cover in the next section. The Warrior is well worth a look so let's crack on.

Issue Background That's Been Addressed

One of the aesthetic features of the Warrior is that the deck and posts also have a coating in the same colour as the outside of the RDA. There was a problem with just 2 of the colours which were the Black and Gun metal versions which had a problem with jumping resistance readings, Wotofo were made aware of this almost immediately and now the Black and Gun Metal versions come with Stainless Steel posts while the rest of the deck as stayed coloured, that has solved the problem. The issue only affected a few that went out into the marketplace but if you do have a Black or Gun Metal version which does have a resistance reading issue contact Wotofo and they will see you right. The issue has been resolved so it's fine to now order the Black and Gun Metal versions if you wish.

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Wotofo Warrior RDA
1 x Spare 810 Drip Tip
1 x 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1 x Single Coil Adapter
1 x User Manual
1 x Bag Coils
1 x Bag Japanese Cotton
1 x Bag Extra Orings

Aesthetics

The Warrior RDA comes in cardboard packaging in the usual Wotofo Green with viewing window. Once opened i was met by sleeve with drip tip and deck housed in separate compartments, the box also contained a host of extras. I received the Black version, it also comes in Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Blue, Gold and Rainbow, looking at the pictures some of the colours look stunning. The Warrior is very short and 25mm in diameter, on top sits a 810 wide bore textured Black drip tip. The sleeve has an engraved Warrior logo on the front, the other aesthetic feature of the RDA is the airflow which is 3 rows of 8 holes both sides of the sleeve. The base comes fitted with a Gold plated BF pin, on the base we also have plenty of branding and safety stamps.

Warrior RDA Specs and Features:

Height: 33mm
Diameter: 25mm
Material: Stainless Steel
Atomizer Type: Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
Domed top cap to compress air as to enhance flavor
Beehive style air inlets to ensure soft, even and accurately controllable airflow
Clamp-style two-post build deck fit for all wire sizes on the market
Stainless steel construction
Fully painted build deck for good appearance even inside
Top filling or bottom feeding
Included coil specs
Juggernaut coil
ID 3mm;
0.28ohm
Colours: SS, Black, Gunmetal, Blue, Gold, Rainbow

Loads of Extras

The Warrior comes with an impressive amount of extras which include a resin 810 drip tip if you don't like the textured one and also a 510 adaptor. You also get some shoelace style cotton and 3 impressive looking Juggernaut coils which i am saving and instead using fused claptons. Of course you also get spare o-rings, grub screws and a standard 510 pin (a BF pin comes pre-installed).

The Airflow

The Airflow instead of a slot either side has 3 rows of 8 holes either side allowing it to cover a large area, this means it's very forgiving with the height you set your coils, it also means wide chunky coils can be fitted and the entire side of the coil will receive air. The sleeve locks onto the deck so the length of the airflow holes are lined up perfectly with where the coils will sit, the inner sleeve (top-cap) has 2 large cut outs which when lined up with the airflow holes means all 24 holes each side are open. If the top-cap is turned it will close the holes 3 at a time to reduce airflow but the only problem with this is the open holes are not lined up centrally with the coils anymore because as explained the sleeve is locked into position. For most i feel this won't be an issue as having the airflow as a series of holes reduces the amount of air making it quite restrictive compared to open slots so fully open is the way to go in my opinion.

The Deck and Build

The deck on the Warrior is build friendly or at least i found it to be, i normally cut my legs to size first but found there's so much room fitting the coils and then trimming them once fixed in position was the way to go. The deck is a dual clamp post system with 2 screws per clamp giving even pressure across the entire bar. the clamps are also in brackets so your legs are not going to pop out the sides. Simply position your coils and fasten down each screw to just grip the legs and then do the rounds again to fasten tight. The post holes are massive so big fancy coils can be fitted no problem, there is also a deck blocker so you do have the option of a single coil build. The grub screws have combo flathead/philips heads which i also like, finally wicking is straightforward just wick as you would any other RDA. If there is one thing that may be a con it's the juice well is very shallow especially as the Warrior comes pre-installed with a BF pin (a standard pin is included but i stuck with the BF pin).

My Experience Using the Warrior

Out of all the RDA's i have used i am really struggling to think of one i found better than the Warrior, it's not for everyone though as it doesn't give loads of air so really is strictly for vapers that like a restrictive lung hit. For me the RDA is at it's best with the airflow fully open. The same series of small holes that restricts the air also makes the airflow incredibly smooth, turbulence just doesn't come into it's vocabulary (no spitting like you can get through a side air slot either). Although the Warrior doesn't have masses of air it does give a lot of air coverage to the coils, this combined with the warrior being short and domed (giving a reduced chamber) means bags of flavour and that's not just the theory it has flavour to spare, cloud production isn't too shabby either. I used the Warrior with the BF pin and despite the shallow well it worked well as a squonking RDA, the sleeve fits with double o-rings and sits on a shelve, i suffered no leaking whatsoever.

Pros

Good build quality
Aesthetically pleasing
Plenty of colour options
Smooth restrictive lung hit
Impressive flavour
Plenty of cloud
Worked well with BF pin
plenty of extras
Very easy build
Single coil option
Suffered no leaking

Cons

Shallow juice well
If not having air fully open airflow becomes off centre
Not for those that like loads of air

I would once again like to thank Antonio from Wotofo for supplying the Warrior RDA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-warrior-rda.html

Back