Evic VT no atomizer found error

Are you in Durban ? I have a subtank mini with a ni200 coil in if you would like to meet and test so you can figure if it is the tank or mod causing issues. You wouldn't happen to be an IT tech working for a medical company by any chance ?

ok, this is how the nickel coils work... it is also how the temperature is regulated... Nickel wire does not keep the same resistance as actual resistance wire (kenthal). it varies with heat...

So let's say you where vaping, and then you unscrewed the device to refill it, the coils and entire tank is hotter directly after vaping than it is before you initially started.. that causes your resistance difference..

many people recommend leaving the device and tank for a while to for the temperature to settle back to it's normal where if you screw it back on it will have the 0.2 ohm reading (unless it's winter and a cold room, it goes even lower then)

what you want to do... let everything cool down to room temperature. then screw on your already filled tank, it should pick up at around 0.2 ohm (0.4 on the Ti coil). press your fire button 3 times (quickly) the temperature setting will start flashing. then press the toggle switch at the top to the left until you get to the resistance reading, then click the toggle switch to the right, it will bring up a little lock icon next to the temperature. this locks it down. and as you unscrew your tanks and screw them back on the resistance will stay at the locked down setting..

The thing to remember is that the resistance does vary depending on how hot the coil / device is.. but the lock does tend to help allot.. the only time I have found the lock to mess around a little bit is if you left the device for a prolonged period of time and get back to it, the resistance goes down even if it was locked.. but not by much, and i'm also assuming that hits is mostly an issue you will have in winter..

Hope that helps :) enjoy this awesome tank!!! 8--)

ok, this is how the nickel coils work... it is also how the temperature is regulated... Nickel wire does not keep the same resistance as actual resistance wire (kenthal). it varies with heat...

So let's say you where vaping, and then you unscrewed the device to refill it, the coils and entire tank is hotter directly after vaping than it is before you initially started.. that causes your resistance difference..

many people recommend leaving the device and tank for a while to for the temperature to settle back to it's normal where if you screw it back on it will have the 0.2 ohm reading (unless it's winter and a cold room, it goes even lower then)

what you want to do... let everything cool down to room temperature. then screw on your already filled tank, it should pick up at around 0.2 ohm (0.4 on the Ti coil). press your fire button 3 times (quickly) the temperature setting will start flashing. then press the toggle switch at the top to the left until you get to the resistance reading, then click the toggle switch to the right, it will bring up a little lock icon next to the temperature. this locks it down. and as you unscrew your tanks and screw them back on the resistance will stay at the locked down setting..

The thing to remember is that the resistance does vary depending on how hot the coil / device is.. but the lock does tend to help allot.. the only time I have found the lock to mess around a little bit is if you left the device for a prolonged period of time and get back to it, the resistance goes down even if it was locked.. but not by much, and i'm also assuming that hits is mostly an issue you will have in winter..

Thanks for your help. The device seems to be working fine now. But I suspect the Ni coil is a dud.. I don't get any flavor from it although it gives off good amount of vape.

I did not try another coil. My problem only arises when I unscrew the tank to refill. The device will fire for a few seconds and shut off and say no atomizer found. I cleaned the connections and tried again. The problem goes away and then starts again when I unscrew the tank.
I had the same problem which made me mad :mad: but Clint from Vapeowave told me to unscrew the tank and tighten the coil in the Base and true as bob it worked. It started reading my Time coil

M
I had the same problem which made me mad :mad: but Clint from Vapeowave told me to unscrew the tank and tighten the coil in the Base and true as bob it worked. It started reading my Time coil
meant reading my Ti coil

Wow, is it worth all that trouble?

If the centre pin is adjustable you could try adjusting it for a tighter connection snd it could give a more accurate reading happened to me with a lemo drop on a hana modz device once or twice good luck buddy

@Andre it sounds like allot, but it really is not.. plus, if you have the atty lock on then you don't run into those issue all that much and it's actually a good experience :)

with the two coils I received with the device, the Ni coils was crappy, it gave me some good flavor the first bit and then it was just a "meh" vape from there on...

The Ti coils on the other hand, wow, pretty damn decent!!! I'll be getting some of the Ti and Ni coils and test these to see if it was a once off? or perhaps it is the norm?!?!

one thing I have to say, after my experience with the Billow v2... damn dude, you don't need temp sensing (yes I have gone ahead and said it, lol) the tank is just that good, you never get a dry hit, and full on flavor...

Playing around with it in an atty, where I see the biggest gap for nickel and titanium to actually help out against dry hits (mostly for noobs, because if you have been dripping for a while, you just know when it's time do dump a couple of drops on the coils) I have a build on my old magma, and it works like a charm.. the atty has always been known for it's taste.. but being able to dump a ton of juice in it (because it holds about two tons of juice, hehe) and vape without getting dry hits... I think this is where it's going to make a big difference!! Especially with the 160 watt and up temp sensing devices now coming to light...

@Andre it sounds like allot, but it really is not.. plus, if you have the atty lock on then you don't run into those issue all that much and it's actually a good experience :)

with the two coils I received with the device, the Ni coils was crappy, it gave me some good flavor the first bit and then it was just a "meh" vape from there on...

The Ti coils on the other hand, wow, pretty damn decent!!! I'll be getting some of the Ti and Ni coils and test these to see if it was a once off? or perhaps it is the norm?!?!

one thing I have to say, after my experience with the Billow v2... damn dude, you don't need temp sensing (yes I have gone ahead and said it, lol) the tank is just that good, you never get a dry hit, and full on flavor...

Playing around with it in an atty, where I see the biggest gap for nickel and titanium to actually help out against dry hits (mostly for noobs, because if you have been dripping for a while, you just know when it's time do dump a couple of drops on the coils) I have a build on my old magma, and it works like a charm.. the atty has always been known for it's taste.. but being able to dump a ton of juice in it (because it holds about two tons of juice, hehe) and vape without getting dry hits... I think this is where it's going to make a big difference!! Especially with the 160 watt and up temp sensing devices now coming to light...
Thank you for the detailed reply, much appreciated. Confirms what I inferred so far. Even so, the Whiteout remains on my list for its modularity.

And you have added another voice in my head in favour of the Billow V2 - becoming a veritable cacophony now!

have you locked the resistance when you first put the tank on with a temp control coil?

Back