Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi All

Thought I would start a thread for those interested in keeping an eye on forum performance.
Perhaps mention any performance issue here. I'm talking about speed mainly, not other glitches or errors.
When you mention your issue, say what setup and browser you are using.

I'll kick it off.

Forum has generally been super fast for me. I use it on two platforms. Chrome browser on my PC and Safari browser on my iPad (iOS 7.3).

In the past week or so, I have noticed that sometimes it hangs a bit. I will click on a thread and it takes quite long to load the page. When it does load, it loads the threads first with all the text. Then the top bar and logo etc. It seems to be intermittent. So sometimes its faster than other times. I notice this more on my iPad but have seen this issue a few times on my PC as well.

Not 100% sure if its my internet speed but I don't think so, since all my other websites I visit are the same - very fast.

@Gizmo, could this just be because the site is getting busier with more members? And too many people trying to request the pages? Or perhaps a change was made recently to the forum software? Or do you think its something on my side?

Been noticing this for a few days - or about a week now

@Silver1

I have noticed it does hang sometimes, but generally loads under second. I am unsure what can be causing it but I will have a closer look. As for people using the forum, my server isn't even using 1% of its CPU usage. So its not the server. I will see what addons I could uninstall that could be slowing it down.

I had the same happening on my laptop, using google chrome windows 8.

Made a few adjustments. Please let me know.

Ok @Gizmo, super

Were any add-ons added recently - like in the last week or so?

If it helps, I sometimes have a problem on my iPad (Safari) where if I got to the bottom of a thread, the box for me to type my post is not there. So instead, I sometimes click on Reply to someone else's post, that way it works. Also, starting new threads on the iPad with Safari doesnt bring up the box to type the text most times. This is quite a recent thing though as well. Maybe its not the forum as you say - maybe just an add-on that Safari doesnt like.

Wow @Gizmo, just checked now. Am on the ipad here
Its like lightning again. Like before.
Dunno if its from what you tweaked now, but will monitor over the next few days and let you know.

Wow, if you did fix it, that would go down as probably the quickest technical response ive experienced ever

Thanks

I have been playing on forums for a long time and I have to say that this new technology forum of ecigssa is awesome! It's really user friendly and very fast compared to some of the old technology forums...

bug_repair.gif

Sure.. Just updated a caching addon and delayed SQL queries as I think they maybe a bottle neck. Also I recommend using Tapatalk on mobile devices for that extra speed.

Thanks again @Gizmo

Will post any further performance issues here... if there is a need to.

When on my ipdad (IOS7) I sometimes don't get the text box for posting a reply - also happens when wanting to quote a previous thread.

For the recod, @Gizmo, i have noticed the performance has been perfect over the past 2 weeks. Since you made those changes all is fine on my side. On both ipad/safari and PC/chrome.

Forum is flying....

Back