Giphy Integration

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Find Gifs you want easily and quickly to input them into the forum. Just click on the multicolored page on your messaging bar on the far right side.

Type in the search bar what you looking for. Select one and bam!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Brilliant. But on phone. Far right bottom, more options, colour icon

@Gizmo is there some way to switch .gif off or something. Not all of us are on uncapped and it will eat your cap like crazy. Just to open a thread and read it will kill some ppl.

@Gizmo is there some way to switch .gif off or something. Not all of us are on uncapped and it will eat your cap like crazy. Just to open a thread and read it will kill some ppl.
No worry found this for FF

i found a couple different ways this can be done.

1. this firefox addon, Toggle animated GIFs, seems to work pretty good. ctrl+m toggles the animations on and off.

2. if you don't want to install an addon, you can go to your browser configuration file. type about:config in the address bar and find the entry image.animation_mode. double click it and set its value to none. this should disable all GIF animations

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1029412

Unfortunately not bud :( Average size of a gif image is 1.3MB the average size of the images off our forum taken straight from a smart phone and not resized is around 1.6MB which is in most cases.

This is straight off Kraken.io who optimizes all of our images.

kraken.jpg

2. if you don't want to install an addon, you can go to your browser configuration file. type about:config in the address bar and find the entry image.animation_mode. double click it and set its value to none. this should disable all GIF animations
This works very nice in FF @Gizmo
Unfortunately not bud :( Average size of a gif image is 1.3MB the average size of the images off our forum taken straight from a smart phone and not resized is around 1.6MB which is in most cases.

This is straight off Kraken.io who optimizes all of our images.

View attachment 47407
No problem. I am on an uncapped line, but i just thought the ppl that have to look at the cap will think twice, i mean just to open this thread will be about 7meg

This works very nice in FF @Gizmo

No problem. I am on an uncapped line, but i just thought the ppl that have to look at the cap will think twice, i mean just to open this thread will be about 7meg

Perfectly understandable @kimbo :(

Back