HE v non-HE

Hey you guys,

In the heat of the moment it takes immense self control to avoid typing an often heated response.

A much better option is to leave the keyboard and have a coffee, or spend some time with your family.

Always let cool heads prevail.

"You can't reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into." - Albert Einstein

Last edited:
Let me throw in my 2c here.

I personally don't really care about HE. Never have. I have a few reasons. There are 3 points that frankly bug me I will list them below:

• I very rarely find them as "wow" as experience as what HE people seem to claim.
  • The devices are generally over priced with low end chipsets ( focus is on MTL vapers - so called sophisticated vapers )
  • HE is less about innovation and more about rarity of device ( small batches / quick sellouts - raises prices and demand )
Now myself, I am a very simple vaper. I know what I like and dislike. There is no way in hell someone can sway me to buy R9000+- device unless it is nothing short of a profound vaping experience difference to what I am currently using. Which in what I have found, has never been the case. Each HE device I have tried has been better in some aspects / worse in others. Are they innovative, insanely better. NOPE!

I am semi high wattage vaper who enjoys DL hits of around 65-80w. I love vaping a Smok Big Baby Beast on Battlestar. Yup, that's my go to costing less then R2000 ;). I am not ashamed of it. Its what I enjoy vaping.

I also do not need to hold a vape to impress people. I impress in other areas of my life, I cant see the value in a device that will loose more money then you can imagine once its lost its "high demand / must buy phase" I am watch guy. I love watches, I could spend thousands upon thousands on highend watches. But vapes no. I dont get it.

The core of it is that the HE scene does not give enough value to me. I am not here to make the HE scene take offense, I am just saying that the value for me is limited. I see what people see in them and why they enjoy them see the value ( rarity, the exclusivity etc ). I have other areas of my life where I spend silly amounts of money on things that most people would look at me strangely. But that makes me happy. HE does nothing for me. All I ask of the HE community is to not be Elitist, be a part of the standard commercial device discussions as well.

teams-paine-to-pain-trail-half-marathon-IC5F8r-clipart.jpg

We are all in this for the ultimate aim to stay away from smoking.
Gizmo makes some good points. I can see how the h.e. thing can come off as "elitist".On the other hand it's my opinion that a lot of the allure is the ascetics.Ther are some beautiful mods that border on art and deserve to be seen,if that's your thing go for it I guess.Anyone looking down on someone's gear is a bore.What gets me is the exclusively and getting on lists , having to join groups just to try and get one.Please don't get me started on people who buy HE only to resell it for huge profits.Most of us buy what we like and can afford,and nothing is wrong with that.

Food for thought...
HE needs commercial and commercial needs HE. The innovations made in HE will be copied in commercial gear, so improving what is commercially available, just as innovations made in F1 become the norm in commercially available cars a few years down the line.
My belief is that if you can afford authentic, get it if you want. If you can't get authentic, get what you will be happy with.
At the end of the day we are all winners and need to stick together. If anyone wants to be petty, have a cup of coffee while vaping a tank out...and chill

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Food for thought...
HE needs commercial and commercial needs HE. The innovations made in HE will be copied in commercial gear, so improving what is commercially available, just as innovations made in F1 become the norm in commercially available cars a few years down the line.
My belief is that if you can afford authentic, get it if you want. If you can't get authentic, get what you will be happy with.
At the end of the day we are all winners and need to stick together. If anyone wants to be petty, have a cup of coffee while vaping a tank out...and chill

That depends if the coffee is HE or LE! ;-)

Which ever one floats your boat, be it Koffiehuis or Kopi luwak, or anything in between

And the boat can be a leaky row boat or a luxury 300ft yacht, whatever keeps you afloat.

Thank you @Stillwaters

HE needs commercial and commercial needs HE.

That is the best naming convention I have read and it is actually the best way to distinguish between the product without having people get upset about it.

I can buy a commercial Victorinox knife, or a HE Sebenza ... Fits perfectly.

Thank you @Stillwaters

That is the best naming convention I have read and it is actually the best way to distinguish between the product without having people get upset about it.

I can buy a commercial Victorinox knife, or a HE Sebenza ... Fits perfectly.

I can attest to this , being a knife person myself , I almost always have a Vic on me and some other larger knife.

Personally I think the vaping scene has become stagnant with a lot of rehashed devices and tanks and what not , and it's up to the makers to show the way so to speak.

Going back to the knife analogy , Todd Begg is one of the the biggest if not THE biggest name in the knife community and he makes custom knives that carry a hefty price tag , BUT he also saw the potential in partnering with a Chinese knife manufacturer (Steelcraft/Reate Knives) and produces what we call a 'midtech' option for those that can't afford a HE knife :)

I can attest to this , being a knife person myself , I almost always have a Vic on me and some other larger knife.

Personally I think the vaping scene has become stagnant with a lot of rehashed devices and tanks and what not , and it's up to the makers to show the way so to speak.

Going back to the knife analogy , Todd Begg is one of the the biggest if not THE biggest name in the knife community and he makes custom knives that carry a hefty price tag , BUT he also saw the potential in partnering with a Chinese knife manufacturer (Steelcraft/Reate Knives) and produces what we call a 'midtech' option for those that can't afford a HE knife :)
Oom dan, hook me up there with those "midtech" knives.

Back