PIF'd by someone who wishes to remain anonymous

ddk1979

All Vaped Out
LV

Awards
When I started a thread in the Noobie section of the forum (http://www.ecigssa.co.za/e-cigarette-advice.t23184/) I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what vaping was all about. I had a Twisp Clearo and 1 bottle of twisp juice left, and that's all. NOTHING ELSE, not a single spare. All I knew was that I wanted a better device, but with a similar tight draw as the twisp.
My understanding of vaping SLOWLY improved with the many comments, suggestions, advice and encouragement I received on the thread. Based on these recommendations, I managed to try out a few devices but none of them came close to what I was looking for. So, since my finances are pretty tight and everything I had tried thus far didn't work for me, I was very hesitant to purchase any of the other recommended items without test-driving them first, because there was no guarantee that they would suit me anyway.
Nevertheless, I bought an EVOD (thanks @Lingogrey and @Silver, it works well for me), a 900mAh pass-through battery, a vision spinner II battery, 5 juices and spare coils for both the twisp and evod. Now as I said right at the beginning, I knew absolutely nothing about vaping, but what I quickly came to understand when my battery died, was that I desperately needed to have a backup system in place. I didn't know whether my choice of spare items were good or bad, but what I did know was that I now at least had a backup and spares.
By now all these little purchases were adding up (this might not seem like a lot of money to many people, but when you are on a shoe-string budget, it's a big knock) and I knew that I had very little chance of getting something nice (especially without trying it first), and then something unexpected happened.
I received a PM from someone (who prefers to remain anonymous), offering me their Nautilus Mini - all I needed to do was to send my address and contact details. Now I'm sure every person has received messages about how they have just won $1 000 000 and to please call a certain number, etc., so initially I was very hesitant to answer the PM. After speaking to someone on this forum about security issues, I decided to reply to the message.
Mr. Anonymous confirmed his offer of the nautilus mini, refused my offer to pay for postage and further promised to have his wife send me the package asap. All I had to do was to purchase some coils. I received a message from Postnet on Friday morning that my parcel had arrived.
And so folks, Xmas came early for me this year and I am now the proud owner of a Nautilus Mini and enjoying every moment of it. On the smallest hole of the airflow control, the draw is probably just as tight as the twisp. I am using the next hole up setting, which has a draw somewhere between the twisp and an Evod.
A VERY BIG THANK YOU to Mr Anonymous and his wife, you folks are truly AWESOME and AMAZING. It takes a beautiful heart to do something special for someone else without expecting anything in return.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Last edited:
@ddk1979 great of you to write this post. We are proud of this community.
Congratulations on the Nautilus!

The Nautilus Mini is still a great tank 2 years after it's release. I gave mine to a mate, and it's the only thing he uses to this day.
It's very economical compared to the subtanks of today, and I hope it provides exactly what you need for a long time forward.

Thanks for sharing, and kudos to Mr. Anonymous. :thumbup:

P.S. There are likely a few of the experienced vapers that have a huge stash of unused devices and tanks that could help out someone else in a fix...

The only thing I'm going to replace is the steel mouth piece; it's a bit too long for me and somehow causes a "grating feeling" on my teeth.
Also, put it between my lips this morning and it almost gave me frostbite:D, so I had to hold the mouthpiece to warm it up.
Nevertheless, I am having an awesome time vaping on it.
Thanks for sharing, and kudos to Mr. Anonymous. :thumbup:

P.S. There are likely a few of the experienced vapers that have a huge stash of unused devices and tanks that could help out someone else in a fix...
@Kuhlkatz - Sometimes it's not easy to ask for help. It feels too much like asking for a hand OUT instead of a hand UP.

Last edited:
I know how you feel bud. When I started I also asked for advise and for a cheap as possible started kit as I struggled financially but needed to stay off the stinkies for my health. Then out of nowhere not just one but a couple people pif'd me everything i needed to keep me going. This community is awesome! I have learnt so much and met the most amazing people. All you have to do is ask and you will be surrounded with offers and help. Love this place!

I know how you feel bud. When I started I also asked for advise and for a cheap as possible started kit as I struggled financially but needed to stay off the stinkies for my health. Then out of nowhere not just one but a couple people pif'd me everything i needed to keep me going. This community is awesome! I have learnt so much and met the most amazing people. All you have to do is ask and you will be surrounded with offers and help. Love this place!
I guess I have to learn to ask for help. It's just not easy for me to do so without feeling "strange/awkward/etc.".
I have been amazed at the willingness of folks on this forum to advise and help out their fellow vapers.
THIS FORUM ROCKS.

Also received a very kind offer of some juice from @wiesbang - THANK YOU VERY MUCH.:--)
I can't believe the generosity of the folks on this forum

Back