Pre Tax Stockups

TyTy

Chasing Flavour
LV

Awards
Hey guys just really curious as to what everyone thinks about this vape tax hit we will be getting, are you stocking up currently? Quitting? Switching to DIY?

As for me iv started collecting some of my fav juices in the meantime but clueless as to what I’m going to do once they are finished, hate having to even think about this 7567C482-294C-490A-9184-FE6AB9C33095.jpeg

Stocking up on my favourite coffee juice by Joose - Arabica Latte !

I have bought 500ml of 100mg freebase and I had about 100ml.
My mixing skills are totally limited as I can't stand the thought of throwing out stuff that's terrible. So will have to experiment without nic on trial mixes.

My mixing skills are totally limited as I can't stand the thought of throwing out stuff that's terrible. So will have to experiment without nic on trial mixes.
I’ve also bought another bottle of Nic just in case!

I think we might see a whole lot more one shots in the very near future.

I can’t afford to pay R500-R600 per bottle of juice from a store. One shots make sense.

I'll just get a 100ml 36mg nic. It's a bit easier having gone flavour less and a bit harder not knowing what the future holds and there's no initiative to try stop this vape tax yet.

I am looking to stock up on at least 5 bottle of each TKO milkshake and have it sent to my folks.

I will have to ask whoever comes to visit to bring a few at a time.

Just got an email from vaperite with the following

This tax is applied to both imports and manufacturers and only applies to products imported or manufactured from 1 June 2023 onwards. As Vaperite, we have ramped up production of our company brands and have also placed large orders for international e-liquid, specifically Jam Monster and VGod, in order to beat the 1 June tax implementation.

Because e-liquid excise tax is not taxed at point-of-sale, we will be able to maintain current pricing for a few months post 1 June. You will not see any of our e-liquid specials going forward but you will see us doing everything in our power to try to make vaping as affordable as possible.

Gives us some hope

Tip to help those who want to buy in bulk

Try to find a shop or online site that offers PayFlex or similar as a payment option.

With Payflex, you can pay instalments over 4 months interest-free.
Your first payment is immediate, thereafter your credit card is debited with an instalment once a month until it is paid off.

I often use Payflex for large purchases for the home.

N.B. if i remember correctly, you need to register with Payflex first, but I'm not sure about this.

EXAMPLE:
Purchase price R1,000

28 April: R250 (immediately debited to your card at time of purchase)
28 May: R250 will be debited to your card
28 June: R250 will be debited to your card
28 July: R250 will be debited to your card

Just got an email from vaperite with the following

This tax is applied to both imports and manufacturers and only applies to products imported or manufactured from 1 June 2023 onwards. As Vaperite, we have ramped up production of our company brands and have also placed large orders for international e-liquid, specifically Jam Monster and VGod, in order to beat the 1 June tax implementation.

Because e-liquid excise tax is not taxed at point-of-sale, we will be able to maintain current pricing for a few months post 1 June. You will not see any of our e-liquid specials going forward but you will see us doing everything in our power to try to make vaping as affordable as possible.

Gives us some hope

All vape shops should "maintain current pricing for a few months post 1 June". Even if they didn't stock up, their current stock would have been ordered before 1 June.

If any vape shop charges higher prices immediately on 1 June, they are cheating and just trying to make a quick buck. I doubt (or hope not) that any will do this though.

All vape shops should "maintain current pricing for a few months post 1 June". Even if they didn't stock up, their current stock would have been ordered before 1 June.

If any vape shop charges higher prices immediately on 1 June, they are cheating and just trying to make a quick buck. I doubt (or hope not) that any will do this though.
I doubt it as well. In this industry I've found that undercutting your competition rules above all else.

The tax will only affect products manufactured after the 1st Junem I received an email from Vaperite saying they'll keep their current prices fir a few months until the stock is exhausted

Last edited:
Being a one shot guy mostly, I stocked up on pre mix and one shots.
This is kinda what I’ve done this month. I didn’t need juice per se (we always “need” juice) but grabbed 2 extra red/blue pill shots and 2 others Ive wanted to try for a long time. So I’m good for a few months at least but let’s wait and see what happens after June 1st with DIY Nic.

Still have about 5ltr of PG and VG each, 1ltr of 70/30, 1ltr of 50/50. Got 400ml 100mg Nic in the fridge and another 300ml on the way. Got one-shots in the crate and enough concentrates to last Mrs Chuck Norris Lungs for a while.

So for the interim I think the Mrs and I will be ok, will have to wait and see what the future holds as and when it happens, not going to hoard any more than I already have. If this runs out and it becomes too expensive, so be it, I'll quit. Until then.... I'LL VAPE IT LIKE I OWN IT!

Tip to help those who want to buy in bulk

Try to find a shop or online site that offers PayFlex or similar as a payment option.

With Payflex, you can pay instalments over 4 months interest-free.
Your first payment is immediate, thereafter your credit card is debited with an instalment once a month until it is paid off.

I often use Payflex for large purchases for the home.

N.B. if i remember correctly, you need to register with Payflex first, but I'm not sure about this.

EXAMPLE:
Purchase price R1,000

28 April: R250 (immediately debited to your card at time of purchase)
28 May: R250 will be debited to your card
28 June: R250 will be debited to your card
28 July: R250 will be debited to your card
I use Payflex too... It's not monthly payments though, it's every 2 weeks.

I use Payflex too... It's not monthly payments though, it's every 2 weeks.

Mine is definitely monthly. I purchased something on 26 March and the first instalment went through immediately. The second instalment went throuh on 23 April.

Vape King have posted on their IG account that prices will changes as of 1 June.

Vape King have posted on their IG account that prices will changes as of 1 June.
Eish, no comment.

So here's some feedback I received from the meeting that was held this morning (didn't attend myself, so cannot answer all questions that may follow):

We attended the SARS session on the tax. What we can confirm is it will apply to all eliquids nicot8ne or non nicotine at a rate of 2.90 per ml.

Manufacturers will have to pay it at manufacturer level so excise will have been paid before you buy it and added onto the new price of the wholesale product and vat to still be applied.

I do suggest retailer stock up.

We are digesting the information supplied to help formulate plans moving forward and keep you updated but as you know 100ml liquid will go up by R290 plus vat after that.

And it is confirmed again that only a vapable solution will be taxed. Not the ingredients.

Not any particular ingredient taxed, only taxed once it is a vapable solution.

Eish, no comment.

So here's some feedback I received from the meeting that was held this morning (didn't attend myself, so cannot answer all questions that may follow):

We attended the SARS session on the tax. What we can confirm is it will apply to all eliquids nicot8ne or non nicotine at a rate of 2.90 per ml.

Manufacturers will have to pay it at manufacturer level so excise will have been paid before you buy it and added onto the new price of the wholesale product and vat to still be applied.

I do suggest retailer stock up.

We are digesting the information supplied to help formulate plans moving forward and keep you updated but as you know 100ml liquid will go up by R290 plus vat after that.

And it is confirmed again that only a vapable solution will be taxed. Not the ingredients.

Not any particular ingredient taxed, only taxed once it is a vapable solution.

Thnx for the feedback @Quintusson.
@admin could you please move this post to https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/vape-tax-from-1-june-2023.78311/page-4#post-991928

Back