That Time Has Come...

Agreed. And then if there is an issue and you have to return it its gonna be another 3 months before you get it back.
Besides I'm not gonna make 6 weeks with this cheap Chinese CE4. Clearomisers starting to give a burnt taste aswell.
Will place the order 2moro locally just can't decide is I should go protank 2 or 3.
Thanks for all the help guys!

don't forget the spare coils for the Protank in the same order...you don't want to get stranded if the one in the device gives trouble. I did a change after 6 weeks...which may be less if something goes wrong. I still have 4 or 5 here, although I am not using the Protank atm. But who knows...they probably will be used one day again ;)

@ShaneW, have you decided against the Evic ? I personally have had both, but preferred the Evic because of its more advanced power delivery system. The SVD has PWM, which means that it fires with a pulse, its designed this way. The Evic has a much smoother draw, and more consistent. Either way, both are great devices, but at the end of the day, its best to make an informed decision, so you know exactly what you're in for :)

@ShaneW, have you decided against the Evic ? I personally have had both, but preferred the Evic because of its more advanced power delivery system. The SVD has PWM, which means that it fires with a pulse, its designed this way. The Evic has a much smoother draw, and more consistent. Either way, both are great devices, but at the end of the day, its best to make an informed decision, so you know exactly what you're in for :)

Not that I decided against it, Just the SVD seemed more popular here.

I suppose that is because its more freely available. I would recommend to check them both out and see which one will suit YOU better. I also forgot to mention that i think that the SVD is a tougher device, sturdier, better built. It can take a beating, whereas if the Evic falls, it may be game over for your control head, and a replacement is not cheap. Then theres also the ZMax that @RevnLucky7 recommended ? The choices :) Good luck with your shopping, i'm sure you will be a happy chappy either way.

Hi @ShaneW, I don't have the Evic but recall @Crafty mentioned somewhere else that it takes about half a second for the coil to start firing after you push the fire button. Something to do with the use of the main button to control the menu. That would irritate me quite a lot. Also, re-iterating what Zodiac said above about the Evic screen can easily crack if dropped. I've seen that mentioned a few other places too. Another thing is I think the Evic is more expensive. At eCiggies I think its about R1,000, whereas the SVD (just the unit itself) is about R600.

...as long as you get something along that line, VV/VW device with 18650's and/or 18350's, and you will be set! Everything else is coming down to personal preference, availability, sometimes pricing. I guess that all units have advantages/disadvantages over another one. I must admit, the SVD jedi lasersword is not the prettiest, if you like minimalistic like me. I personally prefer the design of the ZMax too. Nonetheless, I am happy with it. If they function, whether it is called ZMax, SVD or Evic, they all do the same: applying variable voltage/wattage to your coils!

Don't want to throw a spanner in the works here but this is just my opinion, I bought a VTR and I must it is a beast of a device but I had a few toots on a Mech mod at Vape king on Wednesday and it is the best vape I have had to date.
I can understand that PT2 or 3 is easier with a smaller device for portability but you are willing to spend quite a bit of money so I say get some iClear 16's and a spinner for now and save up and get a mech with a RDA.

Don't want to throw a spanner in the works here but this is just my opinion, I bought a VTR and I must it is a beast of a device but I had a few toots on a Mech mod at Vape king on Wednesday and it is the best vape I have had to date.
I can understand that PT2 or 3 is easier with a smaller device for portability but you are willing to spend quite a bit of money so I say get some iClear 16's and a spinner for now and save up and get a mech with a RDA.
yeah, mech mod is really good. But, to have a relatively hassle free device (no rebuilding, always good vape without being too much dependant on the coil build etc) at your disposal is good, imho. I got a mech mod now since yesterday, and I am loving it, but I would not have no VV/VW ;)

Yeah I hear you Tom, Just wanted to add my suggestion.

Good comments @Tom and @SVS1000. By the way, what mech mod and atomiser did you vape at VapeKing that was your best vape to date? Please tell.

I suppose as one gets more into vaping you end up needing 2 or 3 "vaping solutions"
- the reliable solution - ie your "goto" device - where you know it will work all the time and is consistent
- the portable solution - for when you're out and about
- the experimental vape - perhaps coil building and testing out different things.

But lets not forget, while this is a hobby for some, you still can't put the hobby away and say "I'll come back to it in 2 weeks" like you would with other hobbies. When you need a drag, you need one now. So that's why I think the "reliable workhorse type of solution" is so important to get right first...

Silver1 Yeah that's why I said that Shane should get a some iClear 16's with a spinner as a pick and vape solution. Its what I use and keeps me very satisfied.
As for the Mech I used at VapeKing I stand to be corrected but it was a Kraken on a King
tepy3yzy.jpg

Also tried and then bought the Rocket clone

Fantastic. Thanks. Must have been great ;-)

You right about the pick and vape solution. Mine at the moment is PT2 (mini and Mega) and Spinner as well. I think I need two to have two flavours in rotation at the same time.

Good luck for the Rocket, let us know how it goes

Yup! Local is always better... Hard not to order from slowtech if it's the same product and you can afford to wait though...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the inputs everyone.

Order placed locally for

SVD
2x18650 batts
Protank 2 mini (trying to minimise size)
3 x spare coils
1 x EVOD Clearomiser for backup
Carry case ( hope it's gonna fit)
6 x 10ml juices

Friday is gonna be exciting:)

Next order will probably be a RBA and a dual charger

Oh ya. .. my CE4 packed up completely today so I'm back to stinkies for the week away.
Staying at an awesome hotel, Kob inn, on the transkei wildcoast. Fishing after hours. ... gonna be Lekka

Enjoy @ShaneW!

Also love my Mini Protank

Thanks for all the inputs everyone.

Order placed locally for

SVD
2x18650 batts
Protank 2 mini (trying to minimise size)
3 x spare coils
1 x EVOD Clearomiser for backup
Carry case ( hope it's gonna fit)
6 x 10ml juices

Friday is gonna be exciting:)

Next order will probably be a RBA and a dual charger
Thats awesome Shane, bear in mind you can use 18350's or 18490's in the svd for stealth mode. This makes it considerably smaller :)

Silver1 Yeah that's why I said that Shane should get a some iClear 16's with a spinner as a pick and vape solution. Its what I use and keeps me very satisfied.
As for the Mech I used at VapeKing I stand to be corrected but it was a Kraken on a King
tepy3yzy.jpg

Also tried and then bought the Rocket clone

yip it was the kraken on the king that giz bought from Revn :)

Back