528 Customs dual 18650 mech squonker

Quick question as im a noob with mechs. but are they all wired in parallel? Does this mean single/dual/triple battery mechs all fire at 4.2V ? so one would experience the same power of a single mech however longer battery life as the mah is just increased?
You are correct about the voltage output, added to that is that the amp load is shared between all the cells so you can build a bit lower than you would on a single battery device

You are correct about the voltage output, added to that is that the amp load is shared between all the cells so you can build a bit lower than you would on a single battery device
thanks man. One quick question. As for safety. What would happen if my coil came loose and touched the side of the tank creating a short. What would happen if i fired it? Would the wire just fry or would the battery explode? Its happened with my istick pico squonk and it seemed to just fry the wire and snap the leg. Wondering what would happen on a true mech?

thanks man. One quick question. As for safety. What would happen if my coil came loose and touched the side of the tank creating a short. What would happen if i fired it? Would the wire just fry or would the battery explode? Its happened with my istick pico squonk and it seemed to just fry the wire and snap the leg. Wondering what would happen on a true mech?
it depends on the short in you case it only shorts when you fire so there is still some control. if a short bypass the switch mostly on the battery the battery will vent.

If the coil burns through like a fuse then you should be ok, but if it welds on to the atty then exciting things are going to start happening in the battery compartment. Part of the joys of owning and using a mech is to check, check and check again, one can never be too careful.

So ots been a while now, what is the local users opinion on the DS? Would like to hear some real world views on this mod.

Regards

P.s. @Jp1905, you have one of these if I'm not mistaken?

So ots been a while now, what is the local users opinion on the DS? Would like to hear some real world views on this mod.

Regards

P.s. @Jp1905, you have one of these if I'm not mistaken?
I wish I had one...I have vaped on one and I must say it was awesome...

I heard some people complain that it is a hassle to maintain as it arcs alot, and to open up and clean it,is one hell of a mission. Once again I havent seen or experienced it,just what I heard.

The dual parallel configuration is very appealing as I do 3-4 batteries a day on the Molly...and my mate does a day on a set with the DS.

If I had some spare cash around I would definitely buy one, for the price it is still an awesome mod,and very solid,arcs and cleaning contact is part of owning a mech anyway!

It’s a fantastic device, however:

- requires a great amount of regular maintenance with cleaning the contacts to prevent heavy arcing

- tightening the fire button if loose. If it gets too loose and loses thread, the fire pin drops and auto fires.

- you’re prepared to carry a heavy mod

- you’ll still need to carry spare batteries (depending on your build)

- the bottles are hard (some like that)

Overall I’m happy with it as I’ve learnt to live with the above. It hits like a train and is a great vape experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a fantastic device, however:

- requires a great amount of regular maintenance with cleaning the contacts to prevent heavy arcing

- tightening the fire button if loose. If it gets too loose and loses thread, the fire pin drops and auto fires.

- you’re prepared to carry a heavy mod

- you’ll still need to carry spare batteries (depending on your build)

- the bottles are hard (some like that)

Overall I’m happy with it as I’ve learnt to live with the above. It hits like a train and is a great vape experience.

Comment much appreciated @Fuzz, the mech squonking bug bit me rather hard but I do like my battery life, so I am looking for something that will last a work day without the need to cart around a bag of batteries. The price tag is rather steep but there's not much out there in terms of bare bones dual batt mech squonkers.

I do like my vape at about 30W, 0.4Ohm, so its not like I want to run serious low Ohm's so a dual with juice around 4mg should see me through a day.

Also, every serious mech squonker needs a Reo so my priorities are a bit conflicted at the moment.

In the meantime I bought a cheapy mech squonker (Coppervape) just to give me some time to pause and think...

Freaking rabbit hole!

Thanks and Regards

Comment much appreciated @Fuzz, the mech squonking bug bit me rather hard but I do like my battery life, so I am looking for something that will last a work day without the need to cart around a bag of batteries. The price tag is rather steep but there's not much out there in terms of bare bones dual batt mech squonkers.

I do like my vape at about 30W, 0.4Ohm, so its not like I want to run serious low Ohm's so a dual with juice around 4mg should see me through a day.

Also, every serious mech squonker needs a Reo so my priorities are a bit conflicted at the moment.

In the meantime I bought a cheapy mech squonker (Coppervape) just to give me some time to pause and think...

Freaking rabbit hole!

Thanks and Regards

At .4 battery life should be decent,I do 3 to 4 batts a day on .15 to .2,generally I get 1.5 squonk bottles of juice on a battery...

Freaking rabbit hole!

Thanks and Regards

Well I’ve never tried a Reo, so I can’t comment there, however, I love my DS and it’s a setup I’d never sell.

At .4 battery life should be decent,I do 3 to 4 batts a day on .15 to .2,generally I get 1.5 squonk bottles of juice on a battery...

I am currently using an RSQ in mech mode so there may be quite a lot of power loss due to the board efficiency being around 80% I would estimate. Power delivery on a fresh battery charged to 4.2V reads 4V on the screen so on a real mech I suspect better performance. Will see after next weeks vapemail.

Regards

Back