Adapting to airflow

Stranger

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Just a curious question. My main go to's are my Intake single coil tanks sitting on a 21700 mod. I have the coiling and wicking down pat and they are very consistent. Airflow is wide open that gives me a good RDL.

I also like my Dvarw clones and after installing the airflow insert there is no airflow control other than sticking your finger over the intake hole. Again, very consistent with the wicking and coiling.

Of course when you put one down, usually due to a flat battery, and pick up the other one, the airflow is different. Between the two it is not much, it is not like going from an RDL to a full on DL, but the difference is there.

I find it can take me an hour or two to adjust to the new airflow and the same in reverse. If you stick consistently with one for a few days and then change, the difference seems major.

Do you adapt or does your OCD get in the way ?

I'm okay with going between my Dvarw and the Arbiters. Less restricted on the Arbiters but no major differences to note the way I've set them up. I enjoy both :)

I'm a big mesh fan I find my M profile rta does better with fruits and profile rdta is better with desserts the rdta has more air flow as to the M profile rta but never picked up a problem switching between the two

I use but a few setups as I have managed to dial in to exactly what I like with regards to airflow and flavor.

Tauren BF RDTA: gives me a nice RDL vape fully open, and I am used to it by now after using it almost daily for over a year. I know exactly when I have mucked up the coiling and wicking.

Hellvape Vertex MTL RTA and THC Elite Pro MTL RTA: Managed to dial both in to being almost the same with same coils (wire and ohms).

More recently I added a couple of AIO's to the line-up which I ended up enjoying more than I should admit. Abyss AIO with the Ether RBA. 2mm AF Insert and AFC at halfway open. Running two of these setups the same as well (and as close to dammit being a swear word the same as the Tauren RDTA when it comes to RDL). But naturally switching from a 510 drip-tip and single coil on the Abyss to the 810 drip-tip dual coil on the Tauren the latter does come across a bit airier. But 3 hits down the line and I am back in tune with the Tauren again.

The only time I adjust airflows is the first week of testing a new setup, fully open down to fully closed and then slowly back until I hit the right spot that works for me. On something I use on rotation I don’t adjust airflows after a hit or two, once I have found the sweet-spot for a specific setup I will run it the same all the time. That way I pick up any issues with it quicker, can address it and get back to vaping it the way I like to.

OCD for the win, I can't be bothered with adjusting airflow to find what works during the day… it has to work, or it gets banned from the realm known as My Desk forever.

I like different airflows on different tanks!

Back