Airlock - what's causing it?

Naz

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Johannesburg South, Gauteng, South Africa
Hi guys
So my serpent mini 25 has recently been giving me a lot of dry hits. I tried numerous different builds, many different wicking methods but the only thing that seems to help is if I loosen the top cap. I see a few bubbles rising and flavor is back to awesome for a few pulls. Then it's dry hit city again.
How can I fix this?
I have tried my usual Dove cotton which was working fine before. Tried cotton candy as well but it makes no difference.
My two serpent 22 work flawlessly with the same coils and cotton.

I too have been getting that... no idea why some of mine do that and others don't... and there is no pattern... sometime a tank is fine for a day and then all of a sardine it gets an airlock... it's a boggler...

Mentioned in another thread, I pulled my RTA apart and reseated all the O-Rings, and made sure they seated properly.

Also found by wicking slightly more conservatively, it solved my air lock issue on the Merlin Mini RTa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned in another thread, I pulled my RTA apart and reseated all the O-Rings, and made sure they seated properly.

Also found by wicking slightly more conservatively, it solved my air lock issue on the Merlin Mini RTa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This has got to be the answer. I've never had any wicking issues/airlock with my Merlin Mini or Serpent Mini 25 so it most probably isn't a problem with the tank but rather the O-rings that are causing the problem.

On Rta's I have absolutely no clue what could be the cause. On stock coils though not dripping juice down the centre of the coil seems to do the trick

I might just get an Obs ;)
I really want my serpent to work though, the flavor when it works is just phenomenal.
Well then in the meanwhile unscrew the top cap a bit and have the threads still hold on so cap dont come off completely, so that you can get some air coming in while you draw on it. I found that this helped with the airlock issue and the flavour was there with every draw. obviously you cannot tip the tank towards you as it would leak out the top.

Well then in the meanwhile unscrew the top cap a bit and have the threads still hold on so cap dont come off completely, so that you can get some air coming in while you draw on it. I found that this helped with the airlock issue and the flavour was there with every draw. obviously you cannot tip the tank towards you as it would leak out the top.
I changed all the o rings, still dry hitting after 5-6 pulls. I have resolved to use it as suggested above by Tokit.

I have this same issue intermittently on my SM22, after many builds and lots of frustration i found thinner wicks seem to make better but doesnt completely fix the issue. o_O

Back