Atomic RDA or Plume veil

daniel craig

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
I'm new to vaping and haven't tried out drip smoking before, I want to give it a try but I'm not sure which RDA to get. I didn't use a drip before but I'm a quick learner so even something advanced will be considered. I want something with either 3-4 posts and must be able to produce clouds as well as give off full flavor. BTW I'm gonna be using it on the Evic VT and Subox.

If anyone has any of these RDA'S available around durban and willing to sell PM me.

I'm new to vaping and haven't tried out drip smoking before, I want to give it a try but I'm not sure which RDA to get. I didn't use a drip before but I'm a quick learner so even something advanced will be considered. I want something with either 3-4 posts and must be able to produce clouds as well as give off full flavor. BTW I'm gonna be using it on the Evic VT and Subox.

If anyone has any of these RDA'S available around durban and willing to sell PM me.
What's "drip smoking" ?

must be able to produce clouds as well as give off full flavor

This is a bit like asking for a car that does 0-100 in 4 seconds, but gets 45km/L fuel efficiency :)

Realistically you are going to have to find a balance with your builds, that gives enough flavour and decent clouds. For this reason I would imagine that the atomic would give you the best platform to experiment on. I own both of these atomisers, and I think you will find the atomic design is very similar to the bulk of RDAs, where as the Plume Veil design is a little different to the typical.

The adjustable air flow on the Atomic is far superior to the Plume Veils (IMHO), and I think the atomic will provide a better system to experiment with single and dual coils. Yes you could do this as well on the Plume, but the Atomic is more of the all-rounder in my books, and I used mine daily for the better part of three months on one of my Reos.

@devdev Is it easy to build on the atomic? And is there a difference between a clone and original?
Judging by the pics I have seen of the Atomic, it should be easy to build on. I had a plumveil and that was easy to build on too. You should be happy with either. (or just get both. ;) )

Yes, there is a difference between clones and originals - the price. :rofl:
Where are you looking at buying from?

@daniel craig
Both are fantastic drippers...i've had both..loved both..
Check with Sir Vape or Vapeshop in KZN.. i'm sure they will have drippers in stock (maybe not atomics or plumes)

ps: say Hello to increased juice consumption and alot of battery usage (depending on your builds off course).

@daniel craig
Both are fantastic drippers...i've had both..loved both..
Check with Sir Vape or Vapeshop in KZN.. i'm sure they will have drippers in stock (maybe not atomics or plumes)

ps: say Hello to increased juice consumption and alot of battery usage (depending on your builds off course).
Yeah, I want to experience all the things vaping has to offer. The RDA'S will allow me to try out different type of coils like fused Clapton and helix coils and tiger coils. Currently I'm stuck on micro coils.

Yeah, I want to experience all the things vaping has to offer. The RDA'S will allow me to try out different type of coils like fused Clapton and helix coils and tiger coils. Currently I'm stuck on micro coils.
EDIT: Don't get the Velocity from Lemaga... The grub screw just stripped on mine... :(

You could also try the Velocity RDA... massive airflow... easy to build on...

Last edited:
You could also try the Velocity RDA... massive airflow... easy to build on...

Just don't buy the Lemaga version of the clone. I bought mine brand new, and then had to spend an extra R140 getting someone else to machine and repair it for me.

I am told the Tobeco clone of the Velocity is excellent though

Sorry Daniel due to work commitments, I don't currently have time to respond to all of these questions. You will certainly find the answers if you search on the forum or on google as all of these things have been discussed in the past ;)

Just adding my :2c:

The Atomic wins hands down, clones and authentic are so close its hard to tell the difference.
You wont have any problems with the atomic, unlike the plume veil where 3 clones that I have worked with had a dodgy center post, by that I mean it would spin or twist as you tightened your coil down.
I'm not saying the plume veil is crap, its actually a great atty but it doesn't have the sturdy build quality as the atomic.

I sold my plume veil within a week purely because of the dodgy center post and its love for leaks.
I have two Atomics, one for dripping and one for my Reo, its a fantastic all round dripper :rock:

@DoubleD What's the quality of the Aethertech brand?

Not sure about the Authentics from Aethertech but the 3 clones that I tried were good, apart from the center posts as I said above.

The other thing I forgot to mention in my previous post was, the Plume Veil clones I used were all version 1, not sure if there is a huge difference between versions because after three fails you get pretty fed up or at least I did. :-D

Not sure about the Authentics from Aethertech but the 3 clones that I tried were good, apart from the center posts as I said above.

The other thing I forgot to mention in my previous post was, the Plume Veil clones I used were all version 1, not sure if there is a huge difference between versions because after three fails you get pretty fed up or at least I did. :-D
Looks like I'll be searching for the Atomic then

Just don't buy the Lemaga version of the clone. I bought mine brand new, and then had to spend an extra R140 getting someone else to machine and repair it for me.

I am told the Tobeco clone of the Velocity is excellent though

If you had problems you could have returned to us for exchange. We have sold many without any issues.

Noticed you said this and just want to clarify...

Those coils, like a fused clapton or helix are big assed coils, if you are a coil building zen master o_O and thats what you're building you might want to consider RDA's with bigger post holes. :-D

The Atomic has normal post holes, I think its a 1mm hole.
If you want a great first dripper,
the atomic is the way to go:nod:,
if flavor is what you want,
the Atomic is the way to go:nod:

Noticed you said this and just want to clarify...

Those coils, like a fused clapton or helix are big assed coils, if you are a coil building zen master o_O and thats what you're building you might want to consider RDA's with bigger post holes. :-D

The Atomic has normal post holes, I think its a 1mm hole.
If you want a great first dripper,
the atomic is the way to go:nod:,
if flavor is what you want,
the Atomic is the way to go:nod:
For those coils which RDA'S will I need ?

Back