Banting

Banting approved!
Muffin pan eggs for a quick grab and go breakfast!
View attachment 19275
Please please share the recipe PLEEEeeeeease.

I did something similar for supper last night, was delicious :party::party::party::party:

TUNA BAKE
By Tony En Maureen Sabben
1. Mix tuna and cheese. (I did not add tuna)
2. Fry onion, garlic and green pepper.
3. Add bits of bacon (YES bacon in a tuna dish is divine!) and mushrooms.
4. Add paprika, salt, pepper and sweetener. (I added parsley and origano)
5. And if you want 3 T of Worcestershire sauce.
6. When it's cooked mix it in with the cheese and tuna.
7. Mix 250ml cream and 3 eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
8. Mix it in with the rest of the ingredients.
9. Spread it in an oven dish.
10. Put some cheese on top and pop in the oven.
11. Bake at 180°C till set.
12. Serving this with a Greek salad

10847020_10205639942738938_1938211992_n.jpg

Just ordered Xylitol :blush:

That Stevia was aweful!!:sick::sick:
Dumped a whole cup of coffee out because I could not get it in.

Please please share the recipe PLEEEeeeeease.

I did something similar for supper last night, was delicious :party::party::party::party:

TUNA BAKE
By Tony En Maureen Sabben
1. Mix tuna and cheese. (I did not add tuna)
2. Fry onion, garlic and green pepper.
3. Add bits of bacon (YES bacon in a tuna dish is divine!) and mushrooms.
4. Add paprika, salt, pepper and sweetener. (I added parsley and origano)
5. And if you want 3 T of Worcestershire sauce.
6. When it's cooked mix it in with the cheese and tuna.
7. Mix 250ml cream and 3 eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
8. Mix it in with the rest of the ingredients.
9. Spread it in an oven dish.
10. Put some cheese on top and pop in the oven.
11. Bake at 180°C till set.
12. Serving this with a Greek salad

View attachment 19277
That looks nice! Damn!
I will have to get it from my wife. But I think its like making an omelette just in a muffin pan. Goes quite quick as well.

You must actually try to just cut sugar out completely. It's very hard, but worth it!

That looks nice! Damn!
I will have to get it from my wife. But I think its like making an omelette just in a muffin pan. Goes quite quick as well.

You must actually try to just cut sugar out completely. It's very hard, but worth it!
I'm sure it's just like what I did last night but there was a lot of juice :D
That wont work well in the muffins. I want to make those to send to school for little bee and to the studio for @BumbleBee

We have not had any sugar at all for 2 days.
I take it Xylitol counts as sugar :eek: Just wanted some coffee :oops:
I could not stomach the bulletproof coffee this morning.

That wont work well in the muffins. I want to make those to send to school for little bee and to the studio for @BumbleBee

Ok, I'm not even going to post that first sentence in the "Reading as non-vaper" thread. Lol!

Good coffee gets even better without sugar. Hard to think right.

I will get the info from wifey tonight!

No, Xylitol does not count as sugar. It is the next best thing to using nothing. Far better than the non-nutritive sweeteners. Lots of info on the Internet, e.g. http://xylitol.org/about-xylitol
From 4 teaspoons of sugar in my coffee I am down to half a teaspoon of Xylitol and can go with sweet stuff in my tea.
We use xylitol a lot in ice creams and desserts, but always at half the amount stated in the recipes.

I just wonder if Sucralose will suffice for you banters - we use it in post fermenting ciders as it will not bottle ferment and to break extreme dryness?

According to Wikipedia: Sucralose is an artificial sweetener. The majority of ingested sucralose is not broken down by the body, so it is noncaloric. In the European Union, it is also known under the E number E955.

I just wonder if Sucralose will suffice for you banters - we use it in post fermenting ciders as it will not bottle ferment and to break extreme dryness?

According to Wikipedia: Sucralose is an artificial sweetener. The majority of ingested sucralose is not broken down by the body, so it is noncaloric. In the European Union, it is also known under the E number E955.
No, apparently that is poison to the body. For Banting (as @TylerD said) nothing is best, and second best are Stevia or Xylitol.

No, Xylitol does not count as sugar. It is the next best thing to using nothing. Far better than the non-nutritive sweeteners. Lots of info on the Internet, e.g. http://xylitol.org/about-xylitol
From 4 teaspoons of sugar in my coffee I am down to half a teaspoon of Xylitol and can go with sweet stuff in my tea.
We use xylitol a lot in ice creams and desserts, but always at half the amount stated in the recipes.
WOW 4 spoons of sugar, how did you get that in :eek:
We all only used 1 spoon each, and if you put in just a little to much it will not go down. But at the same time bitter coffee is just as bad tasting as too sweet.

Thank you so much @Andre I'll save the link.

I do hope I did not go and buy the wrong one :rolleyes:

10866823_10205646533503703_11588448_n.jpg

Another sweetener to try using erithyrol. I found it at http://www.faithful-to-nature.co.za/Creeds-Erythritol-500g-p-2999.html

Xylitol is not carb free and can have a laxative effect.

Check out this article http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2013/06/10/Top-10-Natural-Low-carb-Sweeteners and http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v61/n3/abs/1602532a.html

Also try canderel green which is stevia and erithyrol. I use his stuff for diabetes and not banting - cannot afford to loose any more weight - but the diets are very similar.

WOW 4 spoons of sugar, how did you get that in :eek:
We all only used 1 spoon each, and if you put in just a little to much it will not go down. But at the same time bitter coffee is just as bad tasting as too sweet.

Thank you so much @Andre I'll save the link.

I do hope I did not go and buy the wrong one :rolleyes:

View attachment 19282
That is the stuff - just in fancy packaging.

I see its only carbs, but is that not VERY little?

Attachments

• 10859891_10205646692267672_1507338786_n.jpg
    10859891_10205646692267672_1507338786_n.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 12
So? How is everyone doing on this?
Us adult bees are 4 kg lighter since Wednesday woohoo!!!!

I'm doing OK (still drinking red wine though) but after 5 days Iam scared to leave the house because if I see someone eating any kind of bread I'm likely to start drooling and maybe attack them to get a bite of it!

I'm doing OK (still drinking red wine though) but after 5 days Iam scared to leave the house because if I see someone eating any kind of bread I'm likely to start drooling and maybe attack them to get a bite of it!
I feel so sorry for you :sweating:

I dont have that at all. Loving the food I'm allowed to eat so its not a problem.
I really thought I was going to go after the sweets but not even craving that :party::party:

Maybe your fat intake is not high enough, I see people say that if you make it higher you will feel more satisfied and wont drool after the foods you miss.

Im doing fine... Started Banting on the 2nd of Jan, so im 2 weeks in and ALL of my cravings are gone... dont even want bread anymore. I dont have a scale but i can report that im not as bloated anymore, my clothhes are getting a bit looser, and i feel allot better!

Maybe your fat intake is not high enough, I see people say that if you make it higher you will feel more satisfied and wont drool after the foods you miss.

Wet and fatty biltong is the key!!! a little bit goes a long way!

Back