Biker Chat..

welcome bikers

bikes owned thus far

Honda cbr400 nc23
suzuki 750 slingshot
Honda cbr600 f4 --- favourite of all bikes
Yamaha R6 -- not a fan
Honda cbr1ooo RR ( power commander, bmc racing filter, full racing exhaust)
honda cbr600 RR Hannspree (post op)
Suzuki K7 750

Rooi Els can be a nightmare but still find franshoek pass to be a bit more dangerous.

Rooi Els can be a nightmare but still find franshoek pass to be a bit more dangerous.

yeah i agree. think my experiences on rooi else is what gives me that perception tho.
i heard there was a nasty accident on franschoek yesterday...
Ashie Holland as most would have known him as. Ashraf Ariefdien. funeral was at 17:30 yesterday

Yeah I heard so as well

I heard that on hells people were throwing nails on the road on Sunday mornings cause they were tired of hearing all the bikes riding up and down

Yeah I heard so as well

I heard that on hells people were throwing nails on the road on Sunday mornings cause they were tired of hearing all the bikes riding up and down

for real?? nails??
thats just coward man. they should just close off hells on sunday morning and give bikers free access to enjoy the road.
we gna do it anyway so why not make it a controlled environment

for real?? nails??
thats just coward man. they should just close off hells on sunday morning and give bikers free access to enjoy the road.
we gna do it anyway so why not make it a controlled environment
I agree completely with you

There is this facebook page where apparently you can request that but I dont think that government would be interested in that sort of thing.

I often said have rooi els closed for about 3hrs and have a booking list with limited spaces and charge a fee. The government could use that cash to maintain the road and bikers would gladly pay a nominal fee to get the pass to themselves where it is a controlled environment and riders can use both lanes

that would be brillaint. roads will always be top quality and also they can have medics standing by in case ...
its quite simple actually. if you cant control a situation then the next best thing to do is to regulate it.
give us a playground and there will be alot less of us creating our own

that would be brillaint. roads will always be top quality and also they can have medics standing by in case ...
its quite simple actually. if you cant control a situation then the next best thing to do is to regulate it.
give us a playground and there will be alot less of us creating our own
Exactly and its not like people cant get to their destination, there is Sir Lowrey's which will take them to the same location

Exactly and its not like people cant get to their destination, there is Sir Lowrey's which will take them to the same location
and usually sir lowrys gna be faster too.
but from a safety and control point of view, also will have the least impact on traffic
id say hellshoogte... the road is wide. has more lanes. can park off on the side of the road. easy to block off at both ends. and traffic can easily re-route to the destination by jst adding 5 mins on their drive time.

and usually sir lowrys gna be faster too.
but from a safety and control point of view, also will have the least impact on traffic
id say hellshoogte... the road is wide. has more lanes. can park off on the side of the road. easy to block off at both ends. and traffic can easily re-route to the destination by jst adding 5 mins on their drive time.
Yeah that is definitely an option.

If only MAWC could arrange something like this then I am sure they and government will make loads of cash

It would be an awesome alternative to track day

anyone selling a bike?

Yeah that is definitely an option.

If only MAWC could arrange something like this then I am sure they and government will make loads of cash

It would be an awesome alternative to track day
LOL i work for local gov... there is cash..nuff said

@Riaz what you looking for. prob could find you something if you gave me an idea.

also for the right price everything is for sale ;)
looking for a lekker beginners bike- i have never owned a motor bike before, so maybe you guys can advise in the right direction

i want something MAINLY to commute to and from work (yes i know once i get into it will turn into a more frequent thing, sunday runs and the like)

looking for a lekker beginners bike- i have never owned a motor bike before, so maybe you guys can advise in the right direction

i want something MAINLY to commute to and from work (yes i know once i get into it will turn into a more frequent thing, sunday runs and the like)
honestly... my biggest mistake was getting a 400. within 3 months i sold it and looked for something bigger
depending on ur size. a good all round bike is a 600cc. honda is without a doubt the easiest bike to ride.
my preference cbbr600f4. i havent ridden/rode a bike that handles better. thats a carb version tho. the later model being the f4i
awesome bikes and definitely worth looking into

honestly... my biggest mistake was getting a 400. within 3 months i sold it and looked for something bigger
depending on ur size. a good all round bike is a 600cc. honda is without a doubt the easiest bike to ride.
my preference cbbr600f4. i havent ridden/rode a bike that handles better. thats a carb version tho. the later model being the f4i
awesome bikes and definitely worth looking into
yeah i was also leaning to the 600cc

after we heard about that accident yesterday, im back at square one convincing my wife to get a bike

yeah i was also leaning to the 600cc

after we heard about that accident yesterday, im back at square one convincing my wife to get a bike

i can imagine that to be a back n forth....
no matter what you say you will never convince her otherwise but.....
the more you hou dik the sooner she will give in just to shut you up ;)

i can imagine that to be a back n forth....
no matter what you say you will never convince her otherwise but.....
the more you hou dik the sooner she will give in just to shut you up ;)
yip thats the plan LOL

yip thats the plan LOL
best of luck to you man.
my mom was always anti me getting a bike. so i bought one. brought it home and parked it infront of her bedroom window.
when asked about it i lied.... said i got it so cheap that i couldnt turn it down. LOL funny how a bargain makes ppl forget why they didnt want you having it in the first place

Personally @Riaz I would say start off with a cheap 150cc scooter to get used to road sense and dealing with traffic and lane splitting.

The reason I say a scooter is because it is a lot easier to get used to being on 2 wheels without having to worry about clutch and gears etc, you can build a great road sense being on a scooter.

Then once you are comfy got a bike of your choice

Personally @Riaz I would say start off with a cheap 150cc scooter to get used to road sense and dealing with traffic and lane splitting.

The reason I say a scooter is because it is a lot easier to get used to being on 2 wheels without having to worry about clutch and gears etc, you can build a great road sense being on a scooter.

Then once you are comfy got a bike of your choice
I agree, but get one with big wheels.

Back