Burnt mouth

Stew

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Does anyone have the same problem as me? If I vape MTL my mouth gets burnt.
My draws are longer on MTL draws.
On DL about 2 seconds at 75 Watts fully open Zeus X RTA.
More curious than anything else. Not likely to switch permanently to MTL.
20230608_191416.jpg

I cant/dont vape mtl but if i would have to guess its because you are drawing on it like you do on your zeus setup which is exactly why I can mtl, I cant draw like that anymore and then it sucks.

not cool to get a burnt mouth though.

@Paul 33 could well be right.

MTL has two factors:

1) Using an MTL device / coil. You are using a Caliburn pod kit which meets this criterion.

2) Using an MTL method to vape.
This means that you inhale twice - once into the mouth, then draw that into the lungs.
This is completely different from DL, where you take one big inhale wooooosh right into the lungs.

Even if you know the method of MTL, are you doing it?

From personal experience, it's really difficult to change one's method of vaping. If you make a permanent switch from DL to MTL then after a time the MTL method will be routine.

However, if you're switching between a DL and MTL device whenever you feel like it, that's when changing the method becomes tricky. If you've been using the Zeus fo a few hours and then decide to take a puff on the Caliburn, you need to concentrate. "I'm using the Caliburn now, so I must inhale into my mouth, then into my lungs".

I switch between DL (Voopoo Drag) and MTL (Oxva Xlim pod kit - awesome pod kit, by the way!) all the time. Both devices are with me at all times, with 6mg in the DL and 18mg in the MTL. I randomly pick one up and vape. However, I must admit that I do not change my method of vaping - and never have! Even if I'm using the pod kit I take a deep inhale woosh into my lungs. I've never had a burnt mouth - and I've used other pod kits before the Oxva) and quite honestly, I don't understand why - or how - it's happening to you, as pod kits operate at a very low wattage.

Is it only with the Caliburn, or have you tried other pod kits? I strongly recommend the Oxva. To me it's hardly even a pod kit (other than its size) but more like a mod. You can change the wattage and even the airflow. Give it a try, @Stew, it might solve your problem.

@Paul 33 could well be right.

MTL has two factors:

1) Using an MTL device / coil. You are using a Caliburn pod kit which meets this criterion.

2) Using an MTL method to vape.
This means that you inhale twice - once into the mouth, then draw that into the lungs.
This is completely different from DL, where you take one big inhale wooooosh right into the lungs.

Even if you know the method of MTL, are you doing it?

From personal experience, it's really difficult to change one's method of vaping. If you make a permanent switch from DL to MTL then after a time the MTL method will be routine.

However, if you're switching between a DL and MTL device whenever you feel like it, that's when changing the method becomes tricky. If you've been using the Zeus fo a few hours and then decide to take a puff on the Caliburn, you need to concentrate. "I'm using the Caliburn now, so I must inhale into my mouth, then into my lungs".

I switch between DL (Voopoo Drag) and MTL (Oxva Xlim pod kit - awesome pod kit, by the way!) all the time. Both devices are with me at all times, with 6mg in the DL and 18mg in the MTL. I randomly pick one up and vape. However, I must admit that I do not change my method of vaping - and never have! Even if I'm using the pod kit I take a deep inhale woosh into my lungs. I've never had a burnt mouth - and I've used other pod kits before the Oxva) and quite honestly, I don't understand why - or how - it's happening to you, as pod kits operate at a very low wattage.

Is it only with the Caliburn, or have you tried other pod kits? I strongly recommend the Oxva. To me it's hardly even a pod kit (other than its size) but more like a mod. You can change the wattage and even the airflow. Give it a try, @Stew, it might solve your problem.
Thanks. Even with the Innokin Ares 2 my mouth burns. PS. I am just finishing about 80ml in total on the Caliburn so it's not just a new thing. My mouth has been tender the whole time I've been using it. If I were to use pods I would have to have one as unrestricted as a Zeus to enjoy it.

Does anyone have the same problem as me? If I vape MTL my mouth gets burnt.
My draws are longer on MTL draws.
On DL about 2 seconds at 75 Watts fully open Zeus X RTA.
More curious than anything else. Not likely to switch permanently to MTL.
View attachment 274102
When I have too little nic in my pods I normally draw that thing till the coil burns.
When I up my nic those issues subside. And when I vape like that the coil isn't the same anymore. Everything after that burns.

When I have too little nic in my pods I normally draw that thing till the coil burns.
When I up my nic those issues subside. And when I vape like that the coil isn't the same anymore. Everything after that burns.
Thanks @Resistance that sounds reasonable.

Back