Calling all DIY'ers

@Rude Rudi let us know how she turns, intrigued how the FA Catalan Cream will feature.

I personally find it very strong and looking at the recipe with regards to my personal tastes think it may drown out the subtle vanilla...?

Edit: think I might just mix this up aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just mixed this up now and had a little sample before I put it away for its steep. With regards to the cinnamon notes - I actually find the CAP CDS to be dominant. Not that that's a problem as I love cinnamon! Let's see how it is after a week.

So guys, day:3 of the Bronuts saga continues. I cleaned out my tank and refilled her with this super hard throat hitting bronuts to give her one more chance. The first half a tank was just pure bliss, yummy perfect bronuts. Then after a while the crazey hard hit is back:(. I then persist and vape through the harsh hits and end up to the wonderful bronuts again.

This morning, HARSH HIT. vape for a while and back to lovely bronuts. WTF is going on guys?

So guys, day:3 of the Bronuts saga continues. I cleaned out my tank and refilled her with this super hard throat hitting bronuts to give her one more chance. The first half a tank was just pure bliss, yummy perfect bronuts. Then after a while the crazey hard hit is back:(. I then persist and vape through the harsh hits and end up to the wonderful bronuts again.

This morning, HARSH HIT. vape for a while and back to lovely bronuts. WTF is going on guys?

I dunno ey - but I was thinking perhaps you could be suffering from a cold, drying out your throat (perhaps minor inflammation) - causing the same affect as a harsh hit. Just a random guess....

Or there is a hotspot on your wire that you dont know of ....

Sounds like hot spots perhaps? Properly shake Nicotine before use every time.

Are you sure it's not a wicking problem in your tank? If the wick is semi-dry, you'll get a semi-dry-hit which feels like harsh nic in your throat. Sorta like a dripper that needs dripping but isn't completely dry. Then the tank wicks again and the next few hits are fine.

Man I was just going to start a thread regarding harsh throat hit when having my first vape. I have found it varies from juice to juice but I get most mornings especially if I'm vaping on Stachio RY4. First 10 hits are harsh and burn the back of my throat, but after that it's fine for the rest of the day.
I didn't get the harsh hit this morning but I was vaping on some Nana Cream and not Stachio RY4.

Man I was just going to start a thread regarding harsh throat hit when having my first vape. I have found it varies from juice to juice but I get most mornings especially if I'm vaping on Stachio RY4. First 10 hits are harsh and burn the back of my throat, but after that it's fine for the rest of the day.
I didn't get the harsh hit this morning but I was vaping on some Nana Cream and not Stachio RY4.

That's EXACTLY whats happening @Greyz... Its not when the wick is wet that it vapes fine @RichJB, its actually the opposite. Like @Greyz says the first few hits are so harsh then after that its just perfect. Well I did mix up some more last night and shaked the crap out of the nicotine before I used it. I also left space in the bottle so that when I shake it, it will mix really well. So we will see how that turns out. But for now I should probably re-wick and even rebuild just to ensure there are no hot spots @DizZa, I am almost certain its built just fine as I had another juice in there prior to this and that vaped perfectly.

This is really unusual but I guess if I ever find the problem it will all be worth it.

That's EXACTLY whats happening @Greyz... Its not when the wick is wet that it vapes fine @RichJB, its actually the opposite. Like @Greyz says the first few hits are so harsh then after that its just perfect. Well I did mix up some more last night and shaked the crap out of the nicotine before I used it. I also left space in the bottle so that when I shake it, it will mix really well. So we will see how that turns out. But for now I should probably re-wick and even rebuild just to ensure there are no hot spots @DizZa, I am almost certain its built just fine as I had another juice in there prior to this and that vaped perfectly.

This is really unusual but I guess if I ever find the problem it will all be worth it.

What I meant was hot spots in the nicotine. Happened to me before.
I also store my Nic in the fridge, so before mixing it needs about 30min or so table time and then a good shake as I start unpacking everything needed for the mix, could be a good 3-5 minutes sometimes!

I dunno ey - but I was thinking perhaps you could be suffering from a cold, drying out your throat (perhaps minor inflammation) - causing the same affect as a harsh hit. Just a random guess....

Or there is a hotspot on your wire that you dont know of ....

I am currently vaping on three different tanks atm @Chukin'Vape and I had the bronuts in two of them and those are the two hat I am getting the Harsh hit from..Swop out the juice and everything is rosey...I'm just baffled as how I can make two bottles separately
and they both doing the same thing.

I will kick myself so hard if I mistakenly threw in the % nic instead of the Mils.

For me it's exactly as you described, first few hits are harsh followed by vape bliss shortly there after.
In my case I know it not a nic hot spot but more so the juice. Stachio RY4 does this to me every morning whereas the Nana Cream I had this morning didn't. Both juices were mixed on the same day, 1 October.

No amount of rewicking or rebuilding will get rid of it, I'm inclined to believe it's something in the juice that I'm just a little sensitive to.
I'm very interested in finding out if anyone else has the same experience. Or is this just another human anomaly where I taste pepper in VBIC...

What I meant was hot spots in the nicotine. Happened to me before.
I also store my Nic in the fridge, so before mixing it needs about 30min or so table time and then a good shake as I start unpacking everything needed for the mix, could be a good 3-5 minutes sometimes!

Thanks for the advise @DizZa will definitely keep this in mind for the next time.

For me it's exactly as you described, first few hits are harsh followed by vape bliss shortly there after.
In my case I know it not a nic hot spot but more so the juice. Stachio RY4 does this to me every morning whereas the Nana Cream I had this morning didn't. Both juices were mixed on the same day, 1 October.

No amount of rewicking or rebuilding will get rid of it, I'm inclined to believe it's something in the juice that I'm just a little sensitive to.
I'm very interested in finding out if anyone else has the same experience. Or is this just another human anomaly where I taste pepper in VBIC...

Good point and I hope its not something in the juice because I am really fond of it. That would really suck as I have enough to make another 800mils...LOL should've given it a proper test drive before just hitting the order button.

I am currently vaping on three different tanks atm @Chukin'Vape and I had the bronuts in two of them and those are the two hat I am getting the Harsh hit from..Swop out the juice and everything is rosey...I'm just baffled as how I can make two bottles separately
and they both doing the same thing.

I will kick myself so hard if I mistakenly threw in the % nic instead of the Mils.

Bro that would seriously harsh my morning mellow - :taptap: - what nic strength do you normally vape?

Good point and I hope its not something in the juice because I am really fond of it. That would really suck as I have enough to make another 800mils...LOL should've given it a proper test drive before just hitting the order button.

Trouble-shooting suggestion:

Mix each of the ingredients as a single flavour mix (10ml) in pure VG without any nicotine at the same % as the recipe.

Vape each one of the four mixes and see which one (if any) gives you the harsh throat hit.

If none of them give you the harsh throat hit mix all the singles together and vape that.

Still no harsh throat hit = must be the nicotine.

Trouble-shooting suggestion:

Mix each of the ingredients as a single flavour mix (10ml) in pure VG without any nicotine at the same % as the recipe.

Vape each one of the four mixes and see which one (if any) gives you the harsh throat hit.

If none of them give you the harsh throat hit mix all the singles together and vape that.

Still no harsh throat hit = must be the nicotine.

That's actually quite a good idea, I will try that, but what baffels me is that I used the same nic in my mustard milk and that's perfect. I have been storing it in a dark cupboard hope that's ok @Glytch .

It's strange though that it goes away. I'd think that if someone is sensitive to a particular flavour, the harsh throat feel would be there all the time. Maybe it's absolutely borderline and it only gives a harsh throat hit if there are other conditions in play?

I normally vape at 3mg and trust me, this feels like 18mg twisp juice I'm vaping. Definitely not something you wana vape first thing in the morning @Chukin'Vape

This should help weed out the nicotine theory - if you mixed 100ml of Bronuts then mixing up the ml with the % would make no diff

upload_2016-10-18_15-3-14.png

However if you mixed 30ml - sh!t could be way different
upload_2016-10-18_15-6-3.png

This should help weed out the nicotine theory - if you mixed 100ml of Bronuts then mixing up the ml with the % would make no diff

View attachment 72092

However if you mixed 30ml - sh!t could be way different
View attachment 72094

I did actually mix 3 30mil bottles, as it was my first mix ever and didn't have any 100mil bottles...I will try the batch I mixed up lastnight later. I took care in mixing that and if it still does this then I am done with Bronuts no matter how much I enjoy the flavor. Thank you @Chukin'Vape I really appreciate the help, and all the other guys for the input.

I did actually mix 3 30mil bottles, as it was my first mix ever and didn't have any 100mil bottles...I will try the batch I mixed up lastnight later. I took care in mixing that and if it still does this then I am done with Bronuts no matter how much I enjoy the flavor. Thank you @Chukin'Vape I really appreciate the help, and all the other guys for the input.
In the Reddit article they say adding 2% TFA Bav Cream helps smooth Bronuts out a bit.
A bit might just be enough to make all the diff:)

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Back