Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

What ceramic coils does the OBS Ace use? Also says this tank is good for MTL :clap:
:)

It uses it's own ceramic coils with no cotton involved so you can dry burn them clean...

I doubt it's very good for MTL @DaveH... the airflow is pretty good wide open...

It's early days and I haven't really given it much time today as I was out and about and it blows large clouds... but I can say there are some issues with this tank as well... for one it gets pretty bloody hot... number 2 I just can't get the tank completely apart and will have to resort to tools... I have to take it apart because the glass has a crack in it...

I had very high hopes for this tank but I'm afraid it is not living up to it's predecessor so well... it wicks beautifully and priming is a really simple and fast exercise so that's a big plus... the finish look great (apart from the fact I can't get the tank apart)... I doubt this will give a dry hit because I haven't come close and with the heat the coil generates at 35 watts my guess is that the tank will burst into flames before it gives a dry hit.

But for me there is really only one issue that is most important to me and that is the flavour!

And so far the cCells in the Target and Gemini tanks are beating it by quite a margin... but let's be fair and give it a few more days!

It appears according to this gentlemen the ceramic cant draw air back into tank so vacuum builds and builds as you Vape and then come the dry hits

@Chezzig what I mean is this
Loosen tank (not from atty but like when you want to fill it ) then turn it to just finger tight
Take a few draws then slowly turn tank loose till u see bubbles
Now that's where U leave it
It shouldn't leak from the o-ring
Part

I think the issue is around the ceramics inability to allow air back into tank after your have created a suction vacuum in tank when vaping

now I treat it like a crius tank with juice flow control
Twist slightly loose to Vape and tighten to carry around

I have successfully cancelled the orders for the two Gemini tanks I had ordered. So will continue on with just the Target tanks/0.9 cCells that have always done what they are suppose to do right out of the box very well.

Good luck getting the issues solved with your Gemini tanks and other Vaporesso problematic gear.

Thanks again for all you have done Brother Rob (and others) for those who were interested in the ceramic coils.

Update on my Gemini tank after 2 days.
So I really battled for 2 days with this tank when I first got it as most of you know Dry Hits 4 Days
(I'm gonna give these ccell coils a new name/abbreviation as it's so common- DHS Dry hit syndrome), I then proceeded to buy the 0.9 ccell coil on Thursday.

My vaping experience from that day forth has been amazing. I'm on tank fill +/- 6 and she is performing like a champion.

Most RTA'S have issues too that one needs to learn how to wick properly etc... So do not be discouraged to go ceramic coil route because once you get it right it's a beautiful thing.
I won't go on now telling you how good the flavour is but I will tell you that these ccell coils match if not better my drippers because of the smoothness.

Vape on my brothers and sisters...

Update on my Gemini tank after 2 days.
So I really battled for 2 days with this tank when I first got it as most of you know Dry Hits 4 Days
(I'm gonna give these ccell coils a new name/abbreviation as it's so common- DHS Dry hit syndrome), I then proceeded to buy the 0.9 ccell coil on Thursday.

My vaping experience from that day forth has been amazing. I'm on tank fill +/- 6 and she is performing like a champion.

Most RTA'S have issues too that one needs to learn how to wick properly etc... So do not be discouraged to go ceramic coil route because once you get it right it's a beautiful thing.
I won't go on now telling you how good the flavour is but I will tell you that these ccell coils match if not better my drippers because of the smoothness.

Vape on my brothers and sisters...

Happy Days for you... now whatever you do don't try ANY of the other coils... just stick with your 0.9Ω Coils and life will be wonderful! :b1:

Thanks @Blends Of Distinction I will try that. If I understand correctly, turn tank upside down, loosen it a bit but still sealed, then turn it right side up and take a suck, if you see bubbles then all good?

My last pack was a failure, I was so happy with my coil till it started giving burnt hits, swapped it and the next two coils were burnt hits from draw no. 1 and after plenty of priming. Now I've got my last coil in there and holding thumbs. Hopefully the next batch SirVape gets is as good as the ones @Rob Fisher currently has.

Hi All,

I'm trying to get some attention from Vaporesso on the cCell debacle and I did email them and got a stupid two word reply... so now I'm trying thier Facebook page. So if any of you are on FB please go to this link and add your 2c worth. Many thanks!

@duffie not so...
Keep tank up right slowly start screwing the glass piece loose when u see bubbles stop
Basically you don't tighten glass section of tank tightly it's finger tight and then slowly loosen till u see bubbles

@duffie not so...
Keep tank up right slowly start screwing the glass piece loose when u see bubbles stop
Basically you don't tighten glass section of tank tightly it's finger tight and then slowly loosen till u see bubbles
Thanks, giving that a try.

I wonder, anyone using the iJust 2 tank, does it have the same problem?

As for taking it apart, I stick my finger into the tank, from the bottom, and push up against the metal chimney piece, if that makes sense. And yes, it was really tight initially.

I been testing on I juice 2 it works with CellC ceramic coils but also getting a bit of dry hit
Like with the target tank turning it slightly loose helps
But as Rob said
Right now we can't keep on blaming tanks it's the dam coils
I just wish that there was a way of knowing which pack is new coils that work

I have just come up with a perfect solution to this coil issue

On my next order for pack of coils I gonna say I'm Rob Fishers son-in-law because guaranteed then the vendor will ensure I get a pack of top notch working coils because I'm related to Rob

Hahaha I feel so stupid right now. I always wondered why the he'll is there a juice flow control on tanks and RTA's , I mean I want my wick to be soaked so it should be fully open. Then I wondered why do I always get juice coming from my coil or wick up the chimney and into my mouth?
Ahhhh. ....... So that's what juice flow control is for... Hahahaha
I was vaping half my tank and drinking the other half.
O well, old saying. We learn something new everyday.
Vape on...

It uses it's own ceramic coils with no cotton involved so you can dry burn them clean...

I doubt it's very good for MTL @DaveH... the airflow is pretty good wide open...

It's early days and I haven't really given it much time today as I was out and about and it blows large clouds... but I can say there are some issues with this tank as well... for one it gets pretty bloody hot... number 2 I just can't get the tank completely apart and will have to resort to tools... I have to take it apart because the glass has a crack in it...

I had very high hopes for this tank but I'm afraid it is not living up to it's predecessor so well... it wicks beautifully and priming is a really simple and fast exercise so that's a big plus... the finish look great (apart from the fact I can't get the tank apart)... I doubt this will give a dry hit because I haven't come close and with the heat the coil generates at 35 watts my guess is that the tank will burst into flames before it gives a dry hit.

But for me there is really only one issue that is most important to me and that is the flavour!

And so far the cCells in the Target and Gemini tanks are beating it by quite a margin... but let's be fair and give it a few more days!

Rob,
I agree - Got the OB Ace today and a bit of a disappointment on the flavour so far. I am hoping this improves with time. What I found is that it works best at around 33-38W (whereas I use the Target 0.9ohm coils at around 28W, with lots of flavour at anything 22W up).
The problem with the OBS tank is that at 35W, after a couple of draws, it is so hot already that you are basically forced to put it down. Below 28W I found the OBS tank almost flavourless (compared to the Target). It seriously feels like I am doing something wrong with the Ace tank.
I really hope the flavour improves on the OBS and that as that happens I would be able to use less heat on it, but at this stage makes me appreciate the Target tanks a lot more.

With regards to taking it apart - this guy got the fix, with input received from OBS, at around 11:52 into the video.

Rob,
I agree - Got the OB Ace today and a bit of a disappointment on the flavour so far. I am hoping this improves with time. What I found is that it works best at around 33-38W (whereas I use the Target 0.9ohm coils at around 28W, with lots of flavour at anything 22W up).
The problem with the OBS tank is that at 35W, after a couple of draws, it is so hot already that you are basically forced to put it down. Below 28W I found the OBS tank almost flavourless (compared to the Target). It seriously feels like I am doing something wrong with the Ace tank.
I really hope the flavour improves on the OBS and that as that happens I would be able to use less heat on it, but at this stage makes me appreciate the Target tanks a lot more.

With regards to taking it apart - this guy got the fix, with input received from OBS, at around 11:52 into the video.

Thanks Carel... now I can switch tanks... really easy when you know how...

I will probably do a review of the tank tomorrow but flavour is an issue... I did test the dry burn of the ceramic coil and I'm not sure if it's my imagination but the flavour did improve a little after the dry burn... but it may just be a perception.

Has anyone tried the gCeramics for Crown or Aspire/Triton tanks?

Not even sure if they're available locally but I'm curious if anyone has given them a shot (whilst we wait for the improved batch of the Kanger gCeramics...)

Has anyone tried the gCeramics for Crown or Aspire/Triton tanks?

Not even sure if they're available locally but I'm curious if anyone has given them a shot (whilst we wait for the improved batch of the Kanger gCeramics...)
I wouldn't try gCeramics quite yet. Their first batch was not up to spec

Back