Clyrolinx Concentrate Percentages

I've made a few batches using CLY and have had only good experiences. Single flavour testing a few now - busy steeping. As per Geoff himself, his flavours are super concentrated so you should never go over 2% and I found that to be true in most cases

1% cly doughnut
2% cly milk chocolate
Method : steep overnight. Leave it longer to make it yummier. Streathing might be recommended if you want it to smooth out a bit more.

The doughnut flavour is very strong, so use in moderation otherwise you will over power your main flavour.

The milk chocolate can be difficult, but when it hits its like having a milk chocolate bar melt in your mouth.

The clyrolinx cinnamon fireball is a winner at 1%, naartjie and litchi also very nice, amarula not really my thing, biltong is super discusting in my opinion, even smells bad...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm really surprised they're still in business. I bought about 30 concentrates from them 1.5 years ago. I actually still have 50ml bottles that I haven't touch since then, and they are still overpowered. There are maybe a handful of concentrates (out of the ones I purchased) that were actually not unbearable to vape. I believe the one was Cookies and Cream. The other was Lemon. And maybe one or 2 others. The rest really do smell and taste like cyanide. I still have 20+ concentrates a year and a half later, not to mention, the mixes that have been steeped for 1.5 years as well. They don't change overtime, to be quite honest.

Since my initial purchase, I've never ordered again. Whether they've changed their concentrates, I'm not sure, but in early 2016, 93% of the batch I bought, were horrible.

Unfortunately I cannot disagree more with you on this @xSolmyRx. Yes, their flavours are strong, like FLV strong almost, and some are perfumy but that can be resolved in a streathing process. However I have yet to have one CLY flavour, other than bacon and biltong, which I did not like. Their marshmallow is amazing, as is their English Toffee and their Vanilla Gold is a staple in a lot of my juices.

I'm really surprised they're still in business. I bought about 30 concentrates from them 1.5 years ago. I actually still have 50ml bottles that I haven't touch since then, and they are still overpowered. There are maybe a handful of concentrates (out of the ones I purchased) that were actually not unbearable to vape. I believe the one was Cookies and Cream. The other was Lemon. And maybe one or 2 others. The rest really do smell and taste like cyanide. I still have 20+ concentrates a year and a half later, not to mention, the mixes that have been steeped for 1.5 years as well. They don't change overtime, to be quite honest.

Since my initial purchase, I've never ordered again. Whether they've changed their concentrates, I'm not sure, but in early 2016, 93% of the batch I bought, were horrible.
Sho bud name and shame, the name noob vaper definitely shows. There are many people who use clyro and sell vape made by clyro. Before you bad mouth someone like that on the Internet you need to back it up. Obviously the guys that know how to use clyro concentrates have a lot of experience and have been making vape for years. Its unacceptably to make such a statement when clearly you haven't learnt how to work with them @xSolmyRx, and there is a few hundred people that will strongly disagree with you

Last edited:
Hello all :polutxoso:

Great to see a thread about Clyrolinx involved and the opinions.
It might just be certain concentrates from Clyrolinx because, we have mixed quite a few up using Clyrolinx and only a couple haven't been that great but, It could have been the percentages we have used.

We have been very happy with almost all the recipes we have made up using Clyrolinx flavours. :D
DIY isn't as easy as people make it out to be so, keep on mixing, keep on the trial and error. Whether it be from Clyrolinx or, another...

It will take time ;)
:couch:
Keep the Vape strong in us all !!
CraNium

Use Clyro all the time. More so than international concentrates. Just takes a bit of getting used to using very small % in your mixes. Some concentrates like apricot you only need 0.2% otherwise it starts overpowering. There are a lot of guys using clyro that is happy to help. Some are suppliers to vape shops of well known local brands. Experiment with the %'s a bit and you might just be surprised.

I have been using CLY flavours since they opened. I still haven't had a bad one. Some are naturally better than others, but this is true of all flavour retailer's ranges. As some of the guys have said, they are strong and require lower percentages. If you made a cup of instant coffee with ten teaspoons of powder I'm sure it would also taste bad.

They state clearly on their website..."...highly concentrated which makes them extremely cost effective" They go on to offer suggestions as to percentages. They are also always willing to give advice if asked.

Last edited:

I must disagree with you. I have been mixing for my son (only CLY concentrates) for the past 18mths and it has kept him off the smokes.
Yes he comes back every now and again saying that something is "kak" but you will get that with any manufacturer. Thats the joys of DIY, we dont always get it right.
I myself am a tobacco fan so I use a lot of other manufacturers concentrates but must add that I do use CLY additions in quite a few of my tobacco recipes.
The biggest problem with CLY is that there are no recipes out there and you need to experiment for yourself.
If you try and sub a TFA recipe with CLY at the same percentages then you are going to have a problem.

Last edited:
Come on @xSolmyRx , don't just hit and run. You have had plenty response to your post, including some good advise, and have not yet responded.

If I had experienced a 93% failure rate with any product I would have contacted the seller and asked for assistance.

Some of the forumites are very experienced with CLY flavours and could possibly assist you.

Something smells fishy here, it looks like our "one hit wonder" might have created a account just to make a comment.

I know they have a word doc you can download on their site now with various recipes and amounts. Have a look.
Guys the diy manual only has a few simple recipes, if you a customer ask the staff to add you to their group, where you will recieve more advanced recipes and the advice to make them. Hope this helps

The clyrolinx cinnamon fireball is a winner at 1%, naartjie and litchi also very nice, amarula not really my thing, biltong is super discusting in my opinion, even smells bad...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Just mixed up my first ever batch of diy liquid. All clyrolinx products. Used 70/30 3mg nic premix as base. Mixed 49ml premix, with 1ml cinnamon fireball. For a total of 50ml at 2% flavour. Smells great. Now to let it steep for a while.

Actually quite proud of myself. Im going to need more mixing vessels, and more storage bottles.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hi. This is my very first post. :). My DIY journey is beginning with Clyrolinx. And yes. The flavours are very difficult to mix at first. I'm having a problem with streathing. since the bottles from them are all sealed once you put the lid on, I tried breathing them. 1 batch 12 hours and 1 batch 4 hours. It still tastes soapy with 3% concentrate. I'm using the % suggested in anther post on this forum. Does it make a difference between breathing then steeping and streathing?

Hi. This is my very first post. :). My DIY journey is beginning with Clyrolinx. And yes. The flavours are very difficult to mix at first. I'm having a problem with streathing. since the bottles from them are all sealed once you put the lid on, I tried breathing them. 1 batch 12 hours and 1 batch 4 hours. It still tastes soapy with 3% concentrate. I'm using the % suggested in anther post on this forum. Does it make a difference between breathing then steeping and streathing?
This was my exact same experience when I started diy.

I can not stress this enough to guys starting the diy journey, look at rated recipes online and order what you need to mix those from the plethora of vendors available to you. Once you have a supply of juice you can actually vape to save on the commercial liquid expense you can start experimenting with your pocket money on the lesser known brands.

Back