Coppervape Skyline Discussion

Need some quick advice.. when I unscrewed the Skyclone's base today (just received it), an o-ring fell out. The only logical place for it to go is the bottom of the build deck, so I slid it into place with an earbud. Can someone just confirm that that's where it should actually be? Pic below (arrow indicating the o-ring I moved into place)

sDRLXXx.jpg

Need some quick advice.. when I unscrewed the Skyclone's base today (just received it), an o-ring fell out. The only logical place for it to go is the bottom of the build deck, so I slid it into place with an earbud. Can someone just confirm that that's where it should actually be? Pic below (arrow indicating the o-ring I moved into place)

sDRLXXx.jpg
that is the correct spot @aktorsyl

LOL @aktorsyl Also received mine today and exactly the same thing happened.....

@BumbleBee the Melktert is GOOOOD! Thanks again Bud!

BTW, anyone using the skydisks? I find the included large one too restrictive and am running without one installed...

LOL @aktorsyl Also received mine today and exactly the same thing happened.....

@BumbleBee the Melktert is GOOOOD! Thanks again Bud!

BTW, anyone using the skydisks? I find the included large one too restrictive and am running without one installed...
That Melktert is damn good.. yeah I have the big one in. I quite enjoy the restriveness of it. That being said, I want to take it out to test alsp

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

That Melktert is damn good.. yeah I have the big one in. I quite enjoy the restriveness of it. That being said, I want to take it out to test alsp

I kinda find it more restrictive than the BB (which is a massive plus for me, I prefer restricted lung hits)

Having vaped on it during the evening, I can certainly see why it's such an acclaimed tank. I have a second one on the way from FastTech (if it gets here, that is), at which point I'll probably use both.

Having vaped on it during the evening, I can certainly see why it's such an acclaimed tank. I have a second one on the way from FastTech (if it gets here, that is), at which point I'll probably use both.
I agree, I played with the wicking a lot and finally got it right. This tank kills the engine Nano on flavor. I am super impressed

Really keen on a skyclone! Can't believe how quickly they disappeared on the Vape guy's website!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I agree, I played with the wicking a lot and finally got it right. This tank kills the engine Nano on flavor. I am super impressed

I think it's probably the first time ever that my first wicking attempt worked :p
For interest sake, what variations did you play around with?

I think it's probably the first time ever that my first wicking attempt worked
Haha I had bad luck this time round, I had them fill the whole deck and got dry hits, had then just fill the deck, but not trimmed, better but slow wicking, I had it super short and it leaked out all over the place, I have it so that I cut about 1/2 to 2/3 off from the top and tuck them against the holes gently, stick them a tad back to make a sort of pocket where the holes are and it's absolutely amazing. I am seriously impressed with the flavor.

I think it's probably the first time ever that my first wicking attempt worked :p

I've found that less is more with this tank. Coil placement as well. I have the top of my coil just under the top of the posts (below screw heads). I wicked it with cotton so thinned out I was sure it was going to leak but it didn't. Amazing flavour. Maybe @Scouse45 will share his wicking tutorial with us?

I've found that less is more with this tank. Coil placement as well. I have the top of my coil just under the top of the posts (below screw heads). I wicked it with cotton so thinned out I was sure it was going to leak but it didn't. Amazing flavour. Maybe @Scouse45 will share his wicking tutorial with us?
Definitely less is more. I was also sure mine would leak after I cut most of it away, but alas no leaking and bang on flavor.

Haha I had bad luck this time round, I had them fill the whole deck and got dry hits, had then just fill the deck, but not trimmed, better but slow wicking, I had it super short and it leaked out all over the place, I have it so that I cut about 1/2 to 2/3 off from the top and tuck them against the holes gently, stick them a tad back to make a sort of pocket where the holes are and it's absolutely amazing. I am seriously impressed with the flavor.

It's great that you can just close the JFC and open it up again to rewick if you get it wrong. No dumping the tank.

It's great that you can just close the JFC and open it up again to rewick if you get it wrong. No dumping the tank.
Yeah that's awesome. To me it feels like they took all the right inspiration from the kayfun V5 and made it better. The two are very similar but this is a big improvement

I Have been using a sort of pancake method posted by yaniak on the build and wick section of the forum....works like a charm

Experience passed on: Don't try to fill with the JFC open - instant juice dump...

When wicked right the wicking is amazing. I get bubbles after every single draw. Never seen that in a tank before.

Experience passed on: Don't try to fill with the JFC open - instant juice dump...

When wicked right the wicking is amazing. I get bubbles after every single draw. Never seen that in a tank before.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
We warned you guys, keep jfc closed. Look at it this way, you'll never make that mistake again lol.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
We warned you guys, keep jfc closed. Look at it this way, you'll never make that mistake again lol.

I won't lie, it got me the first time. I've been good ever since.

Damn, this thing produces a wet vape. Or is it just me? Very wet, very flavourful.

Back