CraftVapour: Blind Tasting Event

Mauritz

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
11073434_462779220543286_606867032256079655_o.png

What nic strength are the testers going to be in

Hi Jakey,

We intend to do 3mg for the testers. A lower density might remove accurate perception of the flavour while a higher density might be offensive to some participants.

Regards,

I would also be keen to attend @Mauritz

Really keen, I suppose we would need to bring our mods and drippers in order to test? unless we can test at our leisure... not that i dont carry my mods with me everywhere i go.

Hi All,

@Yiannaki The starting time is yet to be confirmed but its safe to say 19:00.

@BuzzGlo On the evening we will provide scorecards to get your in depth views on each of the flavours as we cycle through them. Please do bring multiple atomizers and /or wicking material to facilitate changes in flavour.

Seats are very limited for this event and selling fast. Please grab your tickets from our site before they are sold out.

Regards,

Hi Jakey,

We intend to do 3mg for the testers. A lower density might remove accurate perception of the flavour while a higher density might be offensive to some participants.

Regards,
Will you be doing 0mg liquids at all?

hi @Valesidecc ,

We are working on this option and hope to have some news in the near future. The blind taste testing will be done with 3mg.

Regards,

Only 10 days left and we are brewing up a storm....

Hi Philip ,

We would be happy to take these flavour experiences on the road. This is the first event, once we have aced the formula for these events we may take it to the regions. I will keep you posted :)

regards,

Hi all

Just reporting back on last night's CraftVapour blind tasting event.

I went through with one really awesome Greek vaper and friend, @Yiannaki ;-)
We were both excited to sample the new juices from expert mixologist @Mauritz
We went prepared. We had a few spare atties coiled and freshly wicked for the occasion (thanks Yiannaki!)

CV Blind Tasting - Pic 1.jpg

The venue was a really cool restaurant in Greenside - and it was downstairs in a room that felt like a wine cellar. Really quaint and most suitable to tasting juices - with a lovely long wooden table. And if you are wondering what all the candles are for - it was because load shedding started shortly before we arrived. No problem though, the candles made the atmosphere way more cosy ;-)

CV Blind Tasting - Pic 2 iPhone.jpg

This is a pic of the room - quality not great (iPhone + low light) - what I liked was that the people were great. We got to meet a few other forumites that I hadn't met before. By the way, that is Mauritz standing in the foreground. More about the cool dude with the skeleton suit later...

CV Blind Tasting - Coffee and taste note booklets.jpg

I have to give it to @Mauritz and Charlene for a superbly well organised event and great attention to detail. We were each given the 6 new juices in small sample bottles - together with a Blind Tasting booklet, where we had to write our findings of the juices. There was even a cup of coffee beans next to each person - so you could smell them to reset your olfactories after each juice. What a great event. Mauritz and Charlene really know how to make their customers feel special.

Mauritz did not tell us what was in each of the juices. We had to write our thoughts down - in a well structured format. He only told us afterward. What fun. This type of thing was so great for me - I love my juices and tasting the different nuances and side flavours - and trying to figure out what they are.

Such a fun evening - and what a fabulous idea.

As for the juices themselves - there were six of them. I can clearly see how much passion Mauritz put in to crafting these flavours. They are all complex, smooth - and delicious. Not the normal kind of juices one gets used to - but something different. I really liked 2 of them a lot. 3 of them were nice but I would need more time to decide and 1 I didn't really like much. A bit difficult to test properly so quickly - and at 3mg I was wanting way more kick - but I will give it to Mauritz - I think these juices will be enjoyed by many when they are released.

And one last pic of someone blowing some vapour through his EYES. Look closely...

skeleton.jpg

This is a special person we met on the evening. Related to @Guunie - and he will be joining the forum soon ;-)
Here is your avatar pic for when you join. Enjoy!

Overall, a big thank you to @Mauritz and Charlene again for a super evening.
I hope this is the start of many more to come!

Thanks for the update and news Hi Ho! @Silver I have to say I did have a little FOMO last night... Looking forward to seeing some or all these juice see the light of day!

Excellent write up! Looking forward to hearing about the flavours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a marvelous description @Silver ...I can almost smell the flavours ;)

Sounds like it was a wonderful evening, and by candlelight no less :D
Well done to @Mauritz and CraftVapour for doing something unique and exciting :clap:

PS: @Yiannaki I noticed you even removed your backpack...you must've really enjoyed yourself :p;)

When can we expect some of these juices online?

Cant you arrange a blind testing box for sale for some of us that stay far? Limpopo?
And we can rate it for you aswell?.

Please

Thank you so much silver for your review and kind words. We had a blast ! We are working through everyone's valued input and will use the information to ensure that we deliver only the best flavours for our clients to enjoy.

Thank you to everyone that attended , we appreciate the time and enthusiasm offered to us.

Regards,

Charlene and Mauritz

Thank you so much silver for your review and kind words. We had a blast ! We are working through everyone's valued input and will use the information to ensure that we deliver only the best flavours for our clients to enjoy.

Thank you to everyone that attended , we appreciate the time and enthusiasm offered to us.

Regards,

Charlene and Mauritz

Back