CSMNT. | Cosmonaut RDA Build Thread

@Dietz I set the coils so air flow hits the bottom of the coils, in other words if I look directly into the air flow I see the bottom of the coil perfectly. Same as a Hadaly if you are using coil versus air flow to orient yourself like I do. I don't have a good enough gauge for height to guess millimeters. If I set coils so too much air whooshes underneath I experience a real drop off in air flow, atty becomes more restrictive and much hotter. Path of least resistance and all it might be that setting high has all the air passing between the coils instead of over them idk.

@Dietz I set the coils so air flow hits the bottom of the coils, in other words if I look directly into the air flow I see the bottom of the coil perfectly. Same as a Hadaly if you are using coil versus air flow to orient yourself like I do. I don't have a good enough gauge for height to guess millimeters. If I set coils so too much air whooshes underneath I experience a real drop off in air flow, atty becomes more restrictive and much hotter. Path of least resistance and all it might be that setting high has all the air passing between the coils instead of over them idk.
@Lord Vetinari Like this?
1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 59
I did my 1st twisted pair and man does this little thing perform!!

2x 24g NI80 Twisted Flattened - 8 Wrap on 3mm ID @ 0.35
4.jpg

I love the Golden color that it takes on after a 'Dry Burn'
5.jpg

This thing gets super hot. Have a dual 6 wrap build at 0.12ohms, 100 watts, 250 degrees... Need to play around some more i think.

OK, played around with wattage settings and using a drip tip that can handle the heat...
Enjoying it thus far, the flavour is EPIC!
IMG_20170831_211624-2.jpg IMG_20170831_211657-2.jpg

I'm thinking that if i place the coils directly above the deck, instead of angled towards the airflow, i could probably drip more juice into the well because the coils will be out of the way...

Currently i can get about 8 or so pulls before needing to drip.

Any tips?

Only 8? Bru you can drip, by drip I mean gooi exse. Don't be shy, I wick it with thin tails just touching the bottom. It has quite a deep well.

What coils are those?
It's Geekvape SS316 Caterpillar Track wire. Bought it from vaperscorner quite a while back. Monster wire bud, doesn't fit in the coilmaster coiling kit lol

What is better for juice capacity - coils directly above posts leaving the sides open for cotton/juice, or coils close to airflow? I'm thinking the former is better for juice capacity?

So I purchased a dual set of 0.6 ohm fused claptons for my noisy cricket V1, no matter what I tried i could not get it to pulse evenly, had so many hot spots. After an hour I decided to quit trying

Yesterday I'm going through my spares box and I have a brain fart to use a single 0.6 ohm coil and space it out to run a single coil in my other CSMNT.

IMG_20170911_150611.jpg IMG_20170911_151739.jpg

I know, I know. At the time of taking the pic it was way over saturated. I continued to Vaporize the excess juice away. The juice of choice was Frosteez as I'm very familiar with it after a few bottles. I didn't expect much with the airflow not being very direct but WOW I'm super impressed. I've never enjoyed frosteez this much before and I loved it before. The flavour is amazing, it reads 0.57 and at 55W I'm loving this so much.

IMG_20170911_151449.jpg

So I purchased a dual set of 0.6 ohm fused claptons for my noisy cricket V1, no matter what I tried i could not get it to pulse evenly, had so many hot spots. After an hour I decided to quit trying

Yesterday I'm going through my spares box and I have a brain fart to use a single 0.6 ohm coil and space it out to run a single coil in my other CSMNT.

View attachment 106994 View attachment 106995

I know, I know. At the time of taking the pic it was way over saturated. I continued to Vaporize the excess juice away. The juice of choice was Frosteez as I'm very familiar with it after a few bottles. I didn't expect much with the airflow not being very direct but WOW I'm super impressed. I've never enjoyed frosteez this much before and I loved it before. The flavour is amazing, it reads 0.57 and at 55W I'm loving this so much.

View attachment 106997
That's a lot of wraps LOL!

Back