Cuboid Ohm reading irregularities

Bartart

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I have a newish cuboid about 2 months old. I have started to have issues with the cuboid reading different ohms erratically on the RTA's I'm running.
The cuboid periodically under reads or over reads.
I understand that the original ohm reading is related to the ambient temperature too.
if I put the RTA's on my koopor the reading is closer to what the geek vape 512 tab says it is.
So which device do I believe as closer to the truth?
I use temp control exclusively so accurate ohm reading is important when vaping as that is how the mod works out the TCR of the wire and can extrapolate the approximate temperature.
Has anyone seen this behavior from their TC mods?
Any ideas if this is a fault or a feature ;)

My Google fu is still strong, the issue it appears is that the cuboid has a shallow 510 whith a weak spring so that the RTA pushes the gold pin down compressing the insulating washer. Once pinched the washer no longer insulates the pin correctly and causes the board to detect a short or miss read the ohms.
Here is a post about the issue http://vapingunderground.com/thread...r-short-bad-510-design-shorting.191483/page-2
Also page one of that post has some great forum flaming. Isn't it funny watching people get ago with each other?

My Google fu is still strong, the issue it appears is that the cuboid has a shallow 510 whith a weak spring so that the RTA pushes the gold pin down compressing the insulating washer. Once pinched the washer no longer insulates the pin correctly and causes the board to detect a short or miss read the ohms.
Here is a post about the issue http://vapingunderground.com/thread...r-short-bad-510-design-shorting.191483/page-2
Also page one of that post has some great forum flaming. Isn't it funny watching people get ago with each other?
Wow! That reallly escalated quickly! I like to think that our mods would have locked that thread and handed out a few bans WAY before it got that bad on here!

Wow! That reallly escalated quickly! I like to think that our mods would have locked that thread and handed out a few bans WAY before it got that bad on here!
Bro ALL forums I am on are like that. Mods dont just shut things down and wave fingers all the time. I find this place a tad restrictive tbh.

Bro ALL forums I am on are like that. Mods dont just shut things down and wave fingers all the time. I find this place a tad restrictive tbh.
That sort of trash-talking that these people got to is the reason I'm only on this forum and have left all the others! Ain't nobody got time for that! Although, I do love the concept of the UMADBRO?? subforum, and tossing any thread that decays into there, that's gold!

Holy crap that was a fun read!!! It made my morning and it makes me appreciate this forum so much more. I wouldn't call ecigssa restrictive hey, it's more of a "we are all here for the same reason loving the same hobby" kind of vibe. I don't understand why people on this planet can't be more tolerant of each other. Even if someone irritates you, turn around and walk away. It's not worth the energy.

Holy crap that was a fun read!!! It made my morning and it makes me appreciate this forum so much more. I wouldn't call ecigssa restrictive hey, it's more of a "we are all here for the same reason loving the same hobby" kind of vibe. I don't understand why people on this planet can't be more tolerant of each other. Even if someone irritates you, turn around and walk away. It's not worth the energy.

Oh sorry, that thread got many of us sidetracked... Hahaha. Mate I also have a Cuboid, it's about 2 months old and I've never had a day's issues with it. I fires my drippers (Velocity, velocity mini, twisted messes, lush and tsunami) and none of them give me hassles. I only build with SS, which I run in power mode. Every now and again the ohm reading would vary by 0.01ohm or so, but that's about it and probably due to that whole room temperature thingy (didn't know that, so thanks).

If it's newish I'd rather go back to the vendor you bought it from and get it replaced, it is a good mod IMO.

Oh sorry, that thread got many of us sidetracked... Hahaha. Mate I also have a Cuboid, it's about 2 months old and I've never had a day's issues with it. I fires my drippers (Velocity, velocity mini, twisted messes, lush and tsunami) and none of them give me hassles. I only build with SS, which I run in power mode. Every now and again the ohm reading would vary by 0.01ohm or so, but that's about it and probably due to that whole room temperature thingy (didn't know that, so thanks).

If it's newish I'd rather go back to the vendor you bought it from and get it replaced, it is a good mod IMO.
Agreed it's got great technology in it with the RX chipset pity about the poor 510 design. I haven't had time to speak to the vendor about it yet, but I'm sure they will be helpful. Ohm readings will fluctuate with temperature and sensor accuracy. But the margin of error should not be more than 0.03ohms especially for TC vaping.

Back