DIY Bloopers

I suppose you could keep the bottles as nic, use them to make the same juice, then adjust accordingly. If it was a 70/30 mix, you will have around 80% nic in your spoiled mixes. So you would use 1.25x as much nic in future mixes to get to your normal nic level. Then reduce the flavour to around 90% of what it normally is in that mix, to make up for the flavour already in the 'nic'. Also reduce PG somewhat as you already have some in the 'nic'. It wouldn't be exact but would be close to what the juice normally is.

The amount of times I have added 1.6% of a flavour instead of 0.16% is too many to count. Same with the amount of times I have, in haste, started adding a flavour without resetting the scale after adding the previous flavour. But the one which irritated me the most was when I added a flavour, it was in a glass bottle without a dripper and me, all Superman like, decided to throw it directly into the mix, and I messed more of the concentrate down the side of the bottle I was trying to throw it into than actually into the bottle. If that was not enough, I then took a damp cloth and wiped my scale clean, but alas I seem to use too much force which then had it show 'ERR' and lose the grams on which I was, so I had no idea whether I added 0.10ml or 0.20ml and if you work with a flavour like FA Guava... that is an important thing to know.

My calculator lists concentrates on a recipe from highest percentage to least. First few for a 100ml mix are 2g so I start squeezing away happily with the first one being a good hard squeeze of at least 0.5g. three good squeezes and then I slow down. I get into a pattern and you can imagine what happens when I get to the 0.5% concentrates. Give a good first squeeze and.... Oh shit... I over squeezed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bacon. Anything with bacon concentrate is train wreck

I actually mixed up a CLY mix about a month ago using their new flavours, Bacon, Biltong and Avocado. Not to nauseate myself too much I decided to add some Banana and a few other things to make a Bacon, Biltong, Avo and Banana 'burger' type vape. I was petrified of trying it, but I promised Geoff I would, so I did. And it was not all bad to be honest. Look, when I opened the bottle and smelled it, all fears returned, but then I tried it and it was, well, okay. The banana and avo took over a bit so did not get much bacon or biltong, even though the former was added at 2% and the banana and avo at 1% each. Not something I will vape a full tank of, but I've had worse. Got me curious though and remaking the recipe but adding more bacon and biltong this time.

I actually mixed up a CLY mix about a month ago using their new flavours, Bacon, Biltong and Avocado. Not to nauseate myself too much I decided to add some Banana and a few other things to make a Bacon, Biltong, Avo and Banana 'burger' type vape. I was petrified of trying it, but I promised Geoff I would, so I did. And it was not all bad to be honest. Look, when I opened the bottle and smelled it, all fears returned, but then I tried it and it was, well, okay. The banana and avo took over a bit so did not get much bacon or biltong, even though the former was added at 2% and the banana and avo at 1% each. Not something I will vape a full tank of, but I've had worse. Got me curious though and remaking the recipe but adding more bacon and biltong this time.
You are a brave man

So this happened this weekend. Mixing up a storm, made about 16 different recipes, a few of them utilising the same flavour which happens to be ZAC Ice Cream. Now before I start mixing I always make sure I have enough of the relevant flavour I need for all my recipes as it has happened before that I run out of a flavour halfway through a recipe. And I checked, I really did, but apparently not well enough. I was mixing away all happily when I finished my bottle of ZAC Ice Cream, but that's not a problem as I have another one. Pick up the bottle, about to throw in and pause.... This is not ZAC Ice Cream, this is CAP IRISH CREAM. Look frantically. Nope, I am out of ZAC Ice Cream... Time to visit Blckvapour again...

Please tell me I am not alone with these things. :)

So this happened this weekend. Mixing up a storm, made about 16 different recipes, a few of them utilising the same flavour which happens to be ZAC Ice Cream. Now before I start mixing I always make sure I have enough of the relevant flavour I need for all my recipes as it has happened before that I run out of a flavour halfway through a recipe. And I checked, I really did, but apparently not well enough. I was mixing away all happily when I finished my bottle of ZAC Ice Cream, but that's not a problem as I have another one. Pick up the bottle, about to throw in and pause.... This is not ZAC Ice Cream, this is CAP IRISH CREAM. Look frantically. Nope, I am out of ZAC Ice Cream... Time to visit Blckvapour again...

Please tell me I am not alone with these things. :)
Nope, you not the only one. I must admit though that it has gotten better since I have been using JuiceCalculator and tracking my levels.

Nope, you not the only one. I must admit though that it has gotten better since I have been using JuiceCalculator and tracking my levels.

Alas, I use exactly the same calculator, but I must admit that I am terrible at tracking my levels in it. Love this calculator, the only and I mean, the only thing I have against it is that you cannot search within your ingredients. E.g. if I was to look for a 'cream' to confirm what I have and what I may want, I cannot insert it in a search string and find all creams currently in my stock pile. Contemplating renaming them all to things like "Cream, Sweet" and "Cream, Catalan", etc.

So I made a bit of an oopsie today. I was refilling 2 of my favorite advs in their 30ml bottles from the 100ml bottles I mix them in.

Both bottles where about 10% full and I topped the one up to the brim, picked up the next 100ml bottle and caught a glimpse of the label and thought "didn't I just fill this one up?"

To my horror I realized I topped up my Apple-Bacco with my Tribeca clone :facepalm::censored:

Just when I thought I paid my due's and learned from my mistakes I had to go tertiary on myself.

Spent the weekend restoring the old homestead so last night, tired and without any real motivation quickly mixed 400ml of my ADV in a 500ml ex VG bottle. I usually switch the scale on with the empty bottle in place and then go with the small ingredients first and fill up with VG last, but this time, not thinking, I just did the recipe from the top. Nic, PG, VG, and so forth. So I get to my last ingredient, needed to add 24.864mg and after about two good squirts the freaking scale shows ERR something. I exceeded the 500g weight limit.

Not to bad a blooper and I estimated another two squirts would do the trick. My OCD however is in overdrive. I'm one of those blokes that even with this large a mix, insists on exact quantities. If it says 14.126g then I will allow 14.13 but that is the limit of my allowance.

Could have been worse I guess.

Regards

Just when I thought I paid my due's and learned from my mistakes I had to go tertiary on myself.

Spent the weekend restoring the old homestead so last night, tired and without any real motivation quickly mixed 400ml of my ADV in a 500ml ex VG bottle. I usually switch the scale on with the empty bottle in place and then go with the small ingredients first and fill up with VG last, but this time, not thinking, I just did the recipe from the top. Nic, PG, VG, and so forth. So I get to my last ingredient, needed to add 24.864mg and after about two good squirts the freaking scale shows ERR something. I exceeded the 500g weight limit.

Not to bad a blooper and I estimated another two squirts would do the trick. My OCD however is in overdrive. I'm one of those blokes that even with this large a mix, insists on exact quantities. If it says 14.126g then I will allow 14.13 but that is the limit of my allowance.

Could have been worse I guess.

Regards
Lol, I am sure the juice will be perfect. Do I remember correctly that your ADV is a banana and peanut butter? Point us to the recipe please? Not my profile at all, but one must always be prepared to try the different.

Lol, I am sure the juice will be perfect. Do I remember correctly that your ADV is a banana and peanut butter? Point us to the recipe please? Not my profile at all, but one must always be prepared to try the different.
upload_2017-9-4_20-55-41.png
It is posted somewhere under the DIY stuff as well. Was easier to just do a print screen. I see its time to place an order...

Regards

I wish I could vape banana as there are so many nice recipes out there... Alas, it gives me terrible post nasal drip and then I end off with this salty taste in my mouth which effects everything I eat or drink. Have you tried salty Coke? Not nice....

The first time I made a flavor??? I didn't know about recipes and percentages so I just used the calculator and put everything in but left the concentrate for last...

When I finally decided to make a chocolate flavor... I put 20% chocolate...

I shook it up and smoked it immediately... can you imagine what it tastes like???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TFA Honey
TFA Menthol at 5%
Stabbing myself with needles
Cant remember if I added a concentrate to the mix already
"Adapt Recipe" on ELR defaults nic to 6mg...
Thinking smell = taste
Small tamper seal ring on concentrate bottle falling into mixing bottle

Ive done a lot more "idiotic" things where DIY is concerned, like chucking the mixed product in the bin instead of the syringes and paper towels, and rubbing my eyes after mixing... But I will stop right here before someone sends me to a special needs place.
My fails are:

Made a blueberry ice cream and thought it would be a good idea to add spearmint :-(
Tried substituting kettle corn for popcorn in a caramel popcorn mix
Adding 4% spearmint to a strawberry and lemonade mix
Accidentally squirting FW grape soda into the open 500ml VG bottle instead of the mixing bottle

CGD is a bit of a coil killer, as Rich mentioned chocolate vapes seem to be some of the worst for gunking coils.

I've recently started using FA Cocoa - much gentler on the coils and far more authentic tasting. I turn down the watts a bit and this helps not to burn the cocoa, and coils...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Made something with black cherry and Bavarian cream. Horrible horrible!

I donated it to NASA and I believe they used it to power the last space shuttle.

Oh well, will try and mix some AVGAS next time.

Almost mixed all my recipes at 70/30 PG/VG on Sat.... I shudder at the thought of the throat hit that would of ensued ... although they would of made great smelling microscopic crack indicators :CHUKKLING:

Almost mixed all my recipes at 70/30 PG/VG on Sat.... I shudder at the thought of the throat hit that would of ensued ... although they would of made great smelling microscopic crack indicators :CHUKKLING:
Once mixed one with 100% pg. Was in thought and didnt look so mixed with the pg bottle twice. Was horrible to say the least.

Back