DIY Fruit Recipes

Hi, working on my own recipe but im just not getting it right. Should i change the persentage of add/remove something?

Attachments

• DSC_1661.JPG
    DSC_1661.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 79
So, I have seen this one on one of my Facebook feed a number of times and finally mixed it up over the weekend - mostly because the name is quite catchy and for the fact that I received my INW Strawberry Shisha last week!

Doug's Awesome Sauce
3% Bavarian Cream (FW)
6% Peach (Juicy) (TPA)
5% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
3% Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA)

This one only needs 24 hours to settle down and delivers BIG time! This simple combination of flavours just work brilliantly together. The main star here is the Strawberry Shisha, which is the accenting flavour and CANNOT be subbed. I must say that this strawberry has restored my faith in Strawberry flavours following a bit of a strawberry hiatus...

Give it a go - you'll love it!

View attachment 78394

I've also had this on my "to make" list.
I had all the ingredients for this at home so mixed up a 100ml batch last night. Looking forward to giving it a go tonight. Smells amazing.

Does the cream not need more time to steep? Or is it only mixes of creams that need time so they can gel together nicely?

I've also had this on my "to make" list.
I had all the ingredients for this at home so mixed up a 100ml batch last night. Looking forward to giving it a go tonight. Smells amazing.

Does the cream not need more time to steep? Or is it only mixes of creams that need time so they can gel together nicely?

Mine is now 4 weeks old and there isn't much of a difference - sure, the Bavarian cream has smoothed a bit but the taste has pretty much stayed unchanged.

Mine is now 4 weeks old and there isn't much of a difference - sure, the Bavarian cream has smoothed a bit but the taste has pretty much stayed unchanged.

That's probably the best news I've heard. Not only because the cream smooths out, but because the strawberry doesn't really mute :)

Thanks!

Hi @Rude Rudi @Andre @Soutie @RichJB - Please help - I've used Banana Cream DX TFA in a recipe and I want to boost the Banana a little more without increasing the Banana Cream %age. This recipe is such:

Fresh Cream FA - 4%
Brown Sugar DX TFA - 2%
Butterscotch FA - 10%
Bavarian Cream LA - 3%
Banana Cr'm DX TFA - 9%
Sweetener TFA - 0.5%

I need the other Banana to be a touch sweet when smelling the concentrate:
• Banana TFA ??
• Banana CAP ??
• Banana INW ??

Looking forward to your soonest comments.

Hi @Rude Rudi @Andre @Soutie @RichJB - Please help - I've used Banana Cream DX TFA in a recipe and I want to boost the Banana a little more without increasing the Banana Cream %age. This recipe is such:

Fresh Cream FA - 4%
Brown Sugar DX TFA - 2%
Butterscotch FA - 10%
Bavarian Cream LA - 3%
Banana Cr'm DX TFA - 9%
Sweetener TFA - 0.5%

• Banana TFA ??
• Banana CAP ??
• Banana INW ??

Do you have TFA Banana Nut Bread? I find it to have a similar banana note to Banana Cream. At a lowish % the bakery element won't be too obvious.

That FA Butterscotch is really high - does it work for you?

Do you have TFA Banana Nut Bread? I find it to have a similar banana note to Banana Cream. At a lowish % the bakery element won't be too obvious.

That FA Butterscotch is really high - does it work for you?

Nice idea - I use the banana nut bread quite a bit but I think it will take this recipe in a different direction though? From fruity/creamy to a slight bakery note - up to you though.

Yes, butterscotch is excessive - it may be killing the banana?

Another option is bananas foster https://blckvapour.co.za/products/bananas-foster-flavor-dx-tfa

Cap Banana at 2% max or FA at 1%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Huffapuff - I'm considering reducing the Butterscotch FA marginally on the next mix - but right now it is spot on and really tastes good - no I don't have TFA Banana Nut Bread but I am considering all the possible adjustments for the next mix - V3

Nice idea - I use the banana nut bread quite a bit but I think it will take this recipe in a different direction though? From fruity/creamy to a slight bakery note - up to you though.

Yes, butterscotch is excessive - it may be killing the banana?

Another option is bananas foster https://blckvapour.co.za/products/bananas-foster-flavor-dx-tfa

Cap Banana at 2% max or FA at 1%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the BNB could add a warm bakery element, but it could compliment the Brown Sugar and Butterscotch...?

How's the CAP Banana - authentic or artificial?

Yeah the BNB could add a warm bakery element, but it could compliment the Brown Sugar and Butterscotch...?

How's the CAP Banana - authentic or artificial?

Yes, agreed on the BNB - sounds quite good!

The Cap banana has a slight candied banana taste - like those little yellow soft banana sweets - but the banana is there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fresh Cream FA - 4%
Brown Sugar DX TFA - 2%
Butterscotch FA - 10%
Bavarian Cream LA - 3%
Banana Cr'm DX TFA - 9%
Sweetener TFA - 0.5%

• Banana TFA ??
• Banana CAP ??
• Banana INW ??

I hate banana vapes and never use banana concentrates. Best I can do is give is HIC's notes on FA Banana:

Banana can be used at higher percents than many other FA fruits: 5% standalone is not unreasonable. This is totally realistic, natural tasting banana flavoring. Like real bananas, it's not a bold flavor. This is yellow banana, not green, not brown, and not strongly sweet. It’s ideal in smoothie-type vapes. FA Walnut can accentuate Banana. Adding other sweet flavors can give you stronger, “riper” banana flavor, but this cannot make that “runts” banana candy flavor.

Actually sounds ideal for what you need it for.

@Max, Lorann (LA) Banana Cream is usually the one that is paired with TFA Banana Cream. It's usually the TFA standard Banana Cream not the DX but I would imagine it's still fairly close. The idea is that LA provides the sweetness, TFA the creaminess for a banana cream mix that is better than either TFA or LA on their own. I quite like FA Banana paired with TFA Banana Cream. FA doesn't add sweetness though, it's more realistic than most other bananas.

As @Huffapuff noted, 10% FA Butterscotch is, mmm, unconventional. Even 4% FA Cream Fresh is very high. I'm not sure I'd be adding more concentrate to a recipe that already has 28.5% total flavouring. Flavours can actually become more muted as more is added. I would probably drop the FA Butterscotch and Cream Fresh down to 2% or so and add 3% of FW Butterscotch Ripple.

Thank You all very much - organising:
• Banana Nut Bread TFA
• Banana FA
• Banana CAP
• Butterscotch Ripple FW
• Banana Cream LA
and trim the Butterscotch and Cream Fresh down a touch.
Next mix - I dub thee "MScotch-V3"

Last edited:
Hi, working on my own recipe but im just not getting it right. Should i change the persentage of add/remove something?
Cap Sweet Mango at 8% is on the higher side. I also personally find it lacks a bit in the mango department by itself and so far I have found adding some TFA Mango helps round out the overall mango taste and a lot of people recommend adding in a bit of the INW Mango too I think it is.

Never tasted jack fruit either, perhaps those flavours just dont turn out great together?
Play with a few flavours and perhaps add more to try get the overall flavour profile you want - also if you still get stuck create your own thread for some advice. :)

I think @RichJB has hit the nail on the head. it isn't about boosting the banana creme, it's about finding what is muting it. Banana creme at 6-7% is plenty, I would hazzard a guess that the fresh cream and butterscotch are the cause of the muting.

Make a little tester dropping the TFA banana creme to 6%, the butterscotch to 2 odd percent And the fresh creme to 1.5 to 2 percent And see what happens. My guess is that the banana would be a lot more prominent in the recipe and the other flavours will come through better.

BTW FW Butterscotch ripple is the only butterscotch flavour you will ever need,

Cool @Soutie - I'm going to do that - BTW - this is the one I've been chatting to you about.

There is no better feeeling than when you finally get that profile you are looking for nailed down, sure you will get this spot on soon

So, I have seen this one on one of my Facebook feed a number of times and finally mixed it up over the weekend - mostly because the name is quite catchy and for the fact that I received my INW Strawberry Shisha last week!

Doug's Awesome Sauce
3% Bavarian Cream (FW)
6% Peach (Juicy) (TPA)
5% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
3% Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA)

This one only needs 24 hours to settle down and delivers BIG time! This simple combination of flavours just work brilliantly together. The main star here is the Strawberry Shisha, which is the accenting flavour and CANNOT be subbed. I must say that this strawberry has restored my faith in Strawberry flavours following a bit of a strawberry hiatus...

Give it a go - you'll love it!

View attachment 78394

Mixed this and #12 on the list from @Andre both are stunning winners.

Here, this is for you guys.

wpRIWN

Hi @Rude Rudi - and a suggested % to introduce the Banana Nut Bread would be....:)

Yes, agreed on the BNB - sounds quite good!

The Cap banana has a slight candied banana taste - like those little yellow soft banana sweets - but the banana is there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've taken what all has been said and now correlating all the info into my recipe program to see what it's going to look like.

This one might fit your bill. I have just started vaping it. This describes it perfectly" "...a Ruby Red Grapefruit, with a vanilla cream soda chaser. It's a juicy, creamy, and just a bit bittersweet".

Had this steeped for 3 days and oh my word... I destroyed it the same day. Making a 120ml tomorrow.

Anyone wanting something unique this is it.

This one might fit your bill. I have just started vaping it. This describes it perfectly" "...a Ruby Red Grapefruit, with a vanilla cream soda chaser. It's a juicy, creamy, and just a bit bittersweet".

This is stunning! Damn, I wish I had some for the summer holiday.

Once again, you find the DIY community an absolute gem. Somebody give the man a 'Master' badge for his excellent contribution to DIY.

This is stunning! Damn, I wish I had some for the summer holiday.

Once again, you find the DIY community an absolute gem. Somebody give the man a 'Master' badge for his excellent contribution to DIY.
Thanks for the kind words @rogue zombie. Now I shall have to record this in the appropriate thread, probable beverage? I want to try it without or with much less of the Vanilla Swirl?

Back