DIY Meetups Gauteng

What would you like to get out of this group

• Total voters
DIY Meetup Update
4th Feb Meetup 14:00-17:00

Thank you for the following for attending our super awesome funtasticly eduformative excite filled first meetup:

@PsyCLown
@alex1501
@Dietz
@Idiot
@DominionZA
Tash
Irene
BeFunky Collage.jpg
  • As flavour profiles were on the menu, @alex1501 sent me a bunch of useful information created by some of the top DIYers. I used this information and created a DIY Guide that is easy to use and has most of the flavours listed which are used at a regular basis.
DIY Flavour Guide.pdf

• We were able to taste each others creations and make an attempt to to recreate Strawberry Lemonade, this is where we realized that 3 hours is not nearly enough to fulfill all of our DIY needs. I received some of these recipes (with more to follow) of what was tasted as well as home creation attempts on the Strawberry Lemonade.

BeFunky Collage.jpg

What I was able to take away from this meetup was some of the best DIY pointers from truly fantastic People and that is why I would like to give out some trophies

Creative DIY tool - @alex1501 for his custom mixer :campeon:
Coil Master - @Idiot for the best RDA advise :campeon:
Most Custom Mixes - @DominionZA for his impressive collection of 100ml custom mixes :campeon:
Mad mixologist - @Dietz for your Kiwi Litchi blend, well done!:campeon:
Mr Helpful - @PsyCLown moving about the whole time giving some great pointers :campeon:
Defined Taste - Tash for her ability to distinguish flavours :campeon:
Recipe Queen - Irene for her ability to adjust a recipe to perfection:campeon:

All and all this was a huge success and we expect many more to follow

We found that a whole day would have to go into such an event and that Sundays would be better suited. Here are the dates and times of the next 3 events :aplastao:

• 05/03/2017 10:00-17:00
  • 02/04/2017 10:00-17:00
  • 07/05/2017 10:00-17:00
I would like to give a big shout out to BLCK and The Flavour Mill for sponsoring towards our event and making it one of a kind!!! @Richio , @DizZa , @Erica_TFM - Here is a trophy just for you as well:campeon:

Because of this generosity of the vendors, I am able to make the following flavour stash available for the meetups to follow
Ultimate DIY Meetup Flavour Stash.pdf
You can pop these in your personal flavour stash on e-liquid recipes and find some awesome creations you would like to try at our next meetup

Attachments

• DIY Flavour Guide.pdf
    473.4 KB · Views: 19
  • DIY Meetup Flavour Stash.pdf
    78.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Ultimate DIY Meetup Flavour Stash.pdf
    77.3 KB · Views: 20
And you forgot your own Trophy for
ORganizer of Epicnesss!! @Bunnypoison :campeon:

Some requested Recipes:
KiwiLitchi
KiwiLitchi V1.JPG

Tash's PinaKooladaPinaKoolada.JPG

One extra (Made this on 01.01.2017) STRAWBLEMZ V1.JPG

Way to go guys! I'm not supposed to swear so let me just say that this is really really REALLY epic!

Not often you can get someone to open their doors to a bunch of strangers, and pull off such a fun-looking event. Just totally impressed with you guys right now!

Great to hear @Bunnypoison - congrats on the meetup and thanks for giving feedback!

@Bunnypoison we live very close by and missed the venue details, i forget to watch this thread and totally forgot about it and missed the meetup :( but next time im there like a bear
The venue was never on the thread because it was held at my home. I am glad that it is close so you won't have to go too far out of your way :) Any RSVP's need to go through my Private Messages where I then share the location details as well as add you to the event WhatsApp group for further arrangement discussions that would unnecessarily flood the forum. I hope this helps for future events, so sorry you missed our last one :(

So green! Looks like you guys had a great time.

I see too little beers and too many stinky dispensers tho!

Last edited:
Well done all.
I definitely want to join in sometime soon.

So green! Looks like you guys had a great time.

I see too little beers and too many stinky dispensers tho!
Hahahaha, we did have some cocktail flavoured vapes, I don't know if that counts. Unfortunately not everyone can be converted but analogs are only permitted outside :)

I have some unfortunate news :worried:. The space I had in mind that could accommodate 20-30 people for the March event declined due to the "smoke risk", try explaining to a non-vaping body corporate what the difference is between smoke and vapour :wondering:.

In light of this there will be a limit of DIY gangsters that can attend until a larger venue is found. The current limit will be 10 and we are at 5/10 confirmed attendees at the moment. I am looking into a more permanent solution to this problem for the the next and future events :nerd:.

I have some unfortunate news :worried:. The space I had in mind that could accommodate 20-30 people for the March event declined due to the "smoke risk", try explaining to a non-vaping body corporate what the difference is between smoke and vapour :wondering:.

In light of this there will be a limit of DIY gangsters that can attend until a larger venue is found. The current limit will be 10 and we are at 5/10 confirmed attendees at the moment. I am looking into a more permanent solution to this problem for the the next and future events :nerd:.
Let me know if you need, and we can use our house for one of these. We can so the same amount as the last event (+-10)

:star2:To those who have confirmed and those still on the fence, I would like to open up the discussion of what we should attempt to mix from taste for our next meet. Even if you won't be joining and would like a custom recipe with a breakdown of the process, you can also chime in :happy:
The rule is that it needs to be something I can bake or make without breaking the bank (no specialized dishes, I am not a gourmet chef or baker). Last time we attempted Strawberry lemonade and those that mixed it will be able to bring your attempts along as we ran out of time at the last meet. :star2:
@Dietz & Tash
@PsyCLown
@MrDeedz

A few suggestions.

Apple & Cinnamon pudding (with like a pie crust)
Cinnamon Biscuit (perhaps even with a bit of chocolate chips)
Pancakes with Syrup (or honey) and Ice Cream (might require a lot of concentrates though?)
Chocolate Milkshake
Caramel Custard

Awesome idea @Bunnypoison will consult my taste buds and revert lol.
PS thanks for hookin me up the juice yest.and for recoiling and wicking my dripper lol.the funfetti clone is damn good,
In regard to our meetup: i will be sponsoring a yummy pot of curry for the peepz from my side

Back