DIY Tobacco Recipes

I love the INW Tobacco Kent. Tobacco Pear is also very nice. Need to play with the Cuban and Cherry Cigar from INW. Did you also find that the FA Latakia has died down a bit in the 7 Guns recipe. Not nearly as prominent as right after mixing.
@GregF

Last edited:
Billy the Kid:

I simple tobacco, for a man from simple beginnings. Think of Emilio Estevez in Young guns here. Probably an orphan, making his way on the streets of the Wild West, and earning his keep with a six gun. Slight nuances of dark Latakias, combined with a typical "western" type tobacco from Virginia or such. The TFA Turkish is very close to the TFA Western, hence my use of it here.

View attachment 63129

@Viper_SA have not got TFA Turkish, TFA Western going to be ok?

I love the INW Tobacco Kent. Tobacco Pear is also very nice. Need to play with the Cuban and Cherry Cigar from INW. Did you also find that the FA Latakia has died down a bit in the 7 Guns recipe. Not nearly as prominent as right after mixing.

Most definitely. It was also not so "in your face" Latakia. Was smoother, blended in better.
The INW Cherry Cigar I tried on its own and first impression was that it would make a nice single concentrate mix.

I find them to be very similar, with Western being a short nose ahead as a favorite between the two. Sure it will be fine.

ah sorry didn't see the FW Latakia. this one will have to wait a bit.

@Andre ,thanks for your recommendation for Bora Bora. I opened mine yesterday after a 8 week steep and wow, excellent. It is most definitely going to be one of my ADV. Tomorrow I am going to make two 50ml batches with my scale and I assume it is even going to be better than the drop system....lol. Now to make Camel Lights and Davinci, then I am done. Oh, I opened the American Light yesterday as well and must say I am very impressed. HIC is for sure a master mixer in my opinion.
Cheers guys, enjoy your Saturday.

@Andre ,thanks for your recommendation for Bora Bora. I opened mine yesterday after a 8 week steep and wow, excellent. It is most definitely going to be one of my ADV. Tomorrow I am going to make two 50ml batches with my scale and I assume it is even going to be better than the drop system....lol. Now to make Camel Lights and Davinci, then I am done. Oh, I opened the American Light yesterday as well and must say I am very impressed. HIC is for sure a master mixer in my opinion.
Make 100ml bora bora at least. It won't go to waste as you can add just about anything to it for a different taste.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow, 8 weeks - you have patience!
Glad you like it. As @GregF says, make a lot as you can have a different taste every time. I just add 2 to 3 drops to my Reo bottle. Here are some suggested additions.

JewT1pZ.jpg
My search for a good cigar only vape is over. Found this here. As promised @Jono90.

This is full on cigar - no creams or caramels or vanillas added. Mild and mellow and smoky and I pick up a very slight citrus back note (it is FA after all), but unashamedly cigar. It has a very natural sweetness, like one can almost taste the cigar wrapper. If you like it less sweet just add around 0.25 % of FA Bitter Wizard. I add 2 or 3 drops of the Wizard in my Reo Grand bottle if I feel like less sweet in the moment. Perfect companion to a good Cognac or Brandy (without coke please), but mild and creamy enough to be an all day vape too.

I think this one needs a proper steep. Mine cured since 22 July 2016 - five weeks.

Connoisseur's Cigar
FA Cigar Passion 1.0 %
FA Tuscan Reserve 1.0 %
FA Maxx Blend 1.0 %
FA Black Fire 0.5 %

Total flavour: 3.5 % (economical too)

This recipe is going to be my first proper venture into DIY:clap:. Concentrates ordered and now the wait begins:).

This recipe is going to be my first proper venture into DIY:clap:. Concentrates ordered and now the wait begins:).
Some advice. Remember to let your juice steep thoroughly, especially tobacco, to get the best results.

@Andre this is the one I was steeping that borrows from Borra.

I'm very happy with it.

DaVinci

INW Gold Ducat 2%
FA Perique Black 1%
FA Fresh Cream 1%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Vanilla (any) 1%

70VG
2 week steep

So Gold Ducat is a wet dark pipe tobacco with a slight Dark Chocolate aftertaste. It's amazing, but I added the Perique for a more "smokey" dry feel. And it works nicely.

The Perique also provides a decent throat hit, so this will be more of a 'drinking' companion juice for me. Up the creams if you want less throat hit.

Then HICs Borra Borra taught me that, what I consider a lot of creams, actually smoothen and enrich tobaccos without turning anything into pudding. Hence the rest of this recipe. The Vienna and Vanilla enrich the dominant flavour - Gold Ducat - nicely.

The result is a nice dark pipe tobacco, with a smoky finish and the dark chocolate aftertaste. It's a keeper for me.

I mixed this up, and after steeping decided to add some stuff. Doubled the Gold Ducat to 4% and added 2% INW Tobwcco Kent. Steeped again, and I love it.

I mixed this up, and after steeping decided to add some stuff. Doubled the Gold Ducat to 4% and added 2% INW Tobwcco Kent. Steeped again, and I love it.

Vaping da vince as we speak and mixed up a bigger bottle the other day. Now I need to try this.
Will split my new bigger bottle and let you know.
I think I will like it though because the Ducat gold and the Tobacco Kent are both great.
Ah what the hell, just make a another bottle tomorrow.
Give it another name and I should be ok.
Thanks @Viper_SA

Was on the 7 guns last night and finished my little sample. I told you it wasnt going to make it.
mixing day tomorrow........

Mixed and waiting....not patiently
Da Vinci II (Hope you don't mind I named it)
7 Guns
Wyatt Earp
Doc Holiday
Grandpa's Pear
and from @Andre Paradise Plum

Still early enough, think I will mix some "special" Bora Bora

@Jono90 @Andre thank you, TFA Cubano is much better at 6%. Think i tried it 2% before, and it was very ashy.

Two weeks cured and seems a little flat, unless its a very one dimensional tobacco?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
As I said, I added 1 % FA Fresh Cream. I pick up quite a few different notes, but certainly not a complex tobacco by any means. Just nice.

Love it how we tweak the recipes in this thread to our own tastes, @Viper_SA, @rogue zombie, @GregF and others. One of the distinct advantages of DIY.
I also adapted Da Vinci (Da Vince III!) - almost ready for testing.

As I said, I added 1 % FA Fresh Cream. I pick up quite a few different notes, but certainly not a complex tobacco by any means. Just nice.
Ag you know what it was - seems i prefer the warmer vape off a parra coil for tobaccos.

I build 0.4 duals 26g for the Cyclops, and while i prefer every other profile with these, i prefered tobaccos with the parra.

Ag you know what it was - seems i prefer the warmer vape off a parra coil for tobaccos.

I build 0.4 duals 26g for the Cyclops, and while i prefer every other profile with these, i prefered tobaccos with the parra.

Same here, for tobaccos I use dual coils from 3.5 to 4.5, for everything else single coils around 0.8.

Mixed and waiting....not patiently
Da Vinci II (Hope you don't mind I named it)
7 Guns
Wyatt Earp
Doc Holiday
Grandpa's Pear
and from @Andre Paradise Plum

Still early enough, think I will mix some "special" Bora Bora

Any provisional thoughts @GregF ?

Any provisional thoughts @GregF ?

OK @Viper_SA managed to taste a bit today

Da Vinci II - Lovely even now after only a few days.
Rich dark tobacco and slight chocolate coming from the Ducat gold with a slight coffee and smoked plum from the Tobacco Kent. When I say rich dark tobacco, it is not a harsh tobacco at all, not bold, more like a dessert vape. We will see after a few weeks.

7 Guns - You know my feelings on this. Nothing has changed, just a bigger bottle.

Wyatt Earp - I used FA Vienna Cream @ 1.5% instead of TFA Bavarian Cream @ 3%
A little on the sweet side. Not as sweet as FA 7 Leaves normally is but it is a little sweet. The Toasted Almond adds a nice touch. I can only confirm what you had to say "A nice mild toasted cigarette taste"

Doc Holiday - I used CLY Apricot @ 1.5% instead of FA Apricot @ 2%
I think this one needs to steep for a while longer. Can smell the Torrone when I opened the bottle.
I get a bit of sweetness on the lips but not sweet on the vape. This is my first taste of Apricot and I must say it is quite nice. The tobacco is not strong at all. Will report back after a few weeks steep.

Grandpa's Pear - Very nice. Again I will agree with what you said "Fairly light and mild tobacco with great pear notes coming through". Not as light as Wyatt Earp or Doc Holiday but it is not a strong tobacco, which is surprising for me because I find FA dark Vapure can be quite overwhelming. It is not in this mix. The pear is a nice touch, adds a little sweetness I guess as well. A little dry but not in a bad way.

Paradise Plum - Noah's Ark
I will agree with @Andre here "A unique juice, which I think non-tobacco vapers will also hugely appreciate. Totally different".
It is a very different tobacco vape, difficult to explain, but very nice. My first mix with INW Smoked Plum and I am impressed. Light tobacco is there but it has these other plum/spicy notes that make it so different.

Glad I made big bottles. These will probably just make the required steeping period and they will all be finished.
All nice, all different, all will make again.

Thanks for the feedback @GregF , really appreciate it.

Gitanes homage
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/598996/Gitanes+homage

2% Burley (FA)
2.5% Caramel (FA)
4% Catalan Cream (FA)
1% Holiday Spice (TPA)
1% MTS Vape Wizard (FA)
2% Toasted Almond (TPA)
3% Western (TPA)

Flavor total: 15.5%
Western is a bit of a shock. It's a dead ringer for Gitanes. Among the poseurs that I used to hang with in the 80s you were either a Left Bank Gitanes kinda guy or a Gauloises artiste. I was the latter, but for any of you out who were the former, this will bring back the those heady days.

For those of you that don't know the flavour, it is in your face tobacco almost verging on a cigar, and ashy with a decent throat hit. I added the cream to lift it and the caramel, nutmeg (Holiday Spice) and almond to give it lesser notes and complexity. The burley is there purely to drag the mix towards a more mainstream tobacco flavour.

Steep: 3-4 weeks.

@Viper_SA - it goes very nicely with a bog wet single malt, late at night.

Thanks for this @Patrick.
Mixed it up on 21/08 and it is a very nice strong tobacco vape. Was looking for somewhere to use the Western and this does it nicely.
I used CLY Caramel @ 2% and left out the Holiday spice.
I don't know what the original tastes like but I am enjoying this. I get the Gitanes taste. It is a nice break from the mild tobaccos when I need something to hit the spot.
mmmmm....... maybe time for a single malt.

Back