DIY Tobacco Recipes

@Viper_SA since you like the inw tobaccos have you had the dark chocolate tobacco from them?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
I used it in Black Valentine because I did not have FW Dark Chocolate.
It does not have much of a tobacco taste at all, mostly chocolate.
Very nice if thats what you are going for.

Right, as promised I will post some tobacco recipes here. Reason for the tweaks are two-fold; first off, most of the mixes had 3 months + to steep while I use them on MTL setups on my Reos. Then also, I made single flavor mixes of all my tobaccos and steeped for minimum 6 weeks. This taught me some things about individual flavor profiles, as listed here. Then lastly, I have fallen in love INW Tobaccos and am slowly phasing out most of my FA and TFA tobacco concentrates. There are two from FW that I still will replenish when they are finished, but not the FA's.

First up, 7 Guns: I have replaced some stuff to make up for the FA 7 Leaves I no longer use or stock. The FA Cowboy Blend seems to fill the FA 7 Leaves gap quite well for now.

View attachment 77770

Billy the Kid: No real changes here, maybe a tweak on %'s.

View attachment 77772

What eliquid calculator are you using and is it better than ejuice me up?

What eliquid calculator are you using and is it better than ejuice me up?
This one. I find it a lot better than eJuiceMeUp.
You can keep track of your stock, create pre-blends and many more features.
Setting it up is a mission but once that is done it is very nice.

This one. I find it a lot better than eJuiceMeUp.
You can keep track of your stock, create pre-blends and many more features.
Setting it up is a mission but once that is done it is very nice.
Agreed. This Calc is awesome. It can even calculate your cost per ml. You can set alerts if and when your stock drops below a set level and you can import stuff from ejuicemeup

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Ok, so I am finally making my first tobacco recipe! As per recommendation from @GregF, I'm starting it easy with HIC's light American cigarette replacement... I got all the goodies together and low behold, I am missing one concentrate...!

I thought I had the lot, but alas...no Oakwood. Please can you fine gentleman help to advise a sub?
I have, in addition to the balance of the flavours called for in the recipe; Gold Ducat, Virginia, 7 leaves and Desert ship.

HIC's Light American Cig Replacement
2-2.5% FlavourArt Cuban Supreme tobacco
0.5% FlavourArt Black Fire
0.25-0.5% FlavourArt Burley tobacco
0.25-0.5% FlavourArt Oakwood

Please help...just need to sub Oakwood...

@SAVaper @Andre @incredible_hullk @GregF

Ok, so I am finally making my first tobacco recipe! As per recommendation from @GregF, I'm starting it easy with HIC's light American cigarette replacement... I got all the goodies together and low behold, I am missing one concentrate...!

I thought I had the lot, but alas...no Oakwood. Please can you fine gentleman help to advise a sub?
I have, in addition to the balance of the flavours called for in the recipe; Gold Ducat, Virginia, 7 leaves and Desert ship.

@Rude Rudi i have never found a sub for oakwood unfortunately so looking fwd to answers on this one

TFA Red Oak is about the closest I can think of but you're unlikely to have that. I would just leave it out. FA Cuban Supreme, Burley and Black Fire sounds good.

I don't know but I would just go same percentages, I don't think it's adding any discernible flavour at that low level. The character of the "smoke" might be different, i.e. not quite as dry, but I don't think changing any other percentage is going to compensate for that. Unless @Viper_SA, @GregF or @Andre has another ingredient that adds dryness to tobacco without altering the flavour balance.

Sorry bud, nithing springs to mind right now. I don't really like Cuban type flavors (never knew until now, lol) and not a fan of HIC at all. Honestly though, I won't taste a thing at those percentages. I bump my flavors quite a bit for MTL, so mo idea what could work with that.

Thanks all. I think I'll do the sensible thing and order Oakwood and do it properly...don't want me first tobacco not to be at it's full potential...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could leave it out or add 0.25 - 0.5 % FA Nut Mix. If you leave it out, no need to compensate by increasing the other concentrates. I would, however, make it using the maximum recommended percentages for all the concentrates.

The Camel Lights and Camel recipes are derived from this recipe. My favourite of the three is the full Camel, permanently in rotation.

Ok, any other 'beginner' recipes that you can recommend utilising my current flavours?

I have:

INW Gold Ducat
INW Virginia
FA 7 leaves
FA Desert ship
FA Cuban Supreme tobacco
FA Black Fire
FA Burley tobacco

You could leave it out or add 0.25 - 0.5 % FA Nut Mix. If you leave it out, no need to compensate by increasing the other concentrates. I would, however, make it using the maximum recommended percentages for all the concentrates.

The Camel Lights and Camel recipes are derived from this recipe. My favourite of the three is the full Camel, permanently in rotation.
gonna give the camel a try @Andre..i think the put off for me on the light american cig is that tastes that the cheap gas station cigs rather than the camels and marlboros of the world

Ok, any other 'beginner' recipes that you can recommend utilising my current flavours?

I have:

INW Gold Ducat
INW Virginia
FA 7 leaves
FA Desert ship
FA Cuban Supreme tobacco
FA Black Fire
FA Burley tobacco

INW Virginia - 3%
FA Burley - 2%
FA 7 Leaves 1%
FA Black Fire - 0.5%

Just off the top of my head there

Sounds like a plan! Thanks!

More than anything, FA Oak is a background element working on other flavors. There's a long steep on this recipe (I only enjoyed it after 30 days), so get FA Oak - what's a few more days waiting?

Back