Download The New Tapatalk

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Hi guys, I have beem scratching my head all day why tapatalk wasnt connecting to the forum. It turns out there is a major update.

The updated tapatalk(orange) only seems to work on the forum. If your tapatalk isnt working please update.

Strange thing is that since updating to the new software, I cant access the forum at all from Tapatalk anymore. :?

ive got the latest tapatalk and its still not working

I'm not even getting an error, it just won't allow me to do anything. I can't even log in, it just does nothing, nada, ziltch... boggerall... grrrrrrr!!! uber frustrating hehehehe

I have attached the zip file as downloaded,not much help from my perspective?
maybe im a dumbass?

Attachments

• tapatalk_xenforo-10_v2.3.2.zip
    802.6 KB · Views: 4
from the xml it looks as if its uninstalling or removing certain parts of the plugin and replacing it with working parts.
how to install this i am not certain tho as andoid would require an apk and IOS ipa
not sure if this is any help to anyone but @Gizmo has emailed tapatalk and will revert back to us with the proposed solution as soon as he gets a response

from what i can tell the issue lies with the xenforo plugin.
ive found a post that has a fix. if anyone is a member on the tapatalk site here is the link
https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/update-tapatalk-and-have-error.26093/
unfortunately i am not a member and cannot download and test the addon to confirm it works

The problem is not with the Tapatalk client. The XenForo addon would be for @Gizmo to download & deploy server side. If you look bottom left on the screen (Browser based), you'll see this copyright notice : Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd

The class "Tapatalk_Bridge" extends the XenForo "XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract". In its "init" function its fires the XenForo listener "controller_pre_dispatch". Put aside I doubt it's the correct location to trigger it, the main problem is that this class doesn't have the function of the original XenForo "XenForo_Controller", among them: "getResponseType" which is used by this addon.

So two solutions:
  1. Change the class that extends "Tapatalk_Bridge": use XenForo_Controller instead XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract
  2. Add the function getResponseType to the "Tapatalk_Bridge" class, but it will only be a workaround. If any other addon use a function of the original XenForo_Controller that is not in Tapatalk_Bridge, an error will occur

The class "Tapatalk_Bridge" extends the XenForo "XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract". In its "init" function its fires the XenForo listener "controller_pre_dispatch". Put aside I doubt it's the correct location to trigger it, the main problem is that this class doesn't have the function of the original XenForo "XenForo_Controller", among them: "getResponseType" which is used by this addon.

So two solutions:
  1. Change the class that extends "Tapatalk_Bridge": use XenForo_Controller instead XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract
  2. Add the function getResponseType to the "Tapatalk_Bridge" class, but it will only be a workaround. If any other addon use a function of the original XenForo_Controller that is not in Tapatalk_Bridge, an error will occur

I like it when you talk geek :D

i would refer to it as greek hahaha, cause i have no clue as to what's going on, except that my tapatalk don't want to work :giggle:

Thanks @Gizmo - checked a couple of minutes ago, ecigssa working on Tapatalk :rock:

Same here, but I don't use it much.

Back