Ex Smoker needs some help!!

KolonelSopDrol

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys,

I am doing great, but my friend is struggling a bit. He got his vape last night and he is experiencing a lot of coughing.

With my research I have a reasonably good idea about the following:

Vape Operation
Vaping Methods
Coils and Priming
Wattages
Airflow

The one thing I have very little experience with is the Vape Juices.

Friend's Setup:
Like me my friend will be using nic salts at about 30mg - mainly for the nicotine. 50/50 VG and PG.
He is using a Geekvape B60 with the 0.6 ohm coils - 15 to 25 Watt.

I know this is an extremely difficult question given the amount of juice brands and flavours, but:

What brands / flavours can you guys suggest for an ex smoker to minimize the coughing?

Alternatively, what should he avoid?

I am using Moist Bouncing Berry - started with it and I think it is nice.
Got some Orochi Peach Lemonade yesterday - feels harsher than the moist one.

Although 15 - 25w is the right MTL range I'm not sure that that coil is designed for MTL and nic salts.

I love my MTL setup but also coughed quite a bit when using nic salts. The cheapest, easiest way here is to swap out the 30mg nic salts for 12mg freebase MTL e-liquid. If this doesn't solve his problem then you look at changing hardware.

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion!

Some details on the coil I am using:
It is the KA1 0.6 ohm 15 - 25 watt Mesh Coil. I presume he got a similar coil.

My flavours library so far:

35 MG
Orochi Peach Lemonade 60/40 VG / PG

30 MG:
Moist bouncing berry 50/50 VG / PG

12 MG:
MTL Liquid Fusions Carolina Bold 50/50
MTL Liquid Fusions Turkish Blend 50/50

I will let him try the 12MG's this evening and see how it goes.

If you stop smoking for one day, you will cough.

Your lungs
1680683589482.jpeg

The Cilia will be coated with mucus and in particular tar from the smokes. Nicotine calms down the cough reaction and so you keep on smoking. The lungs will now be trying really hard to get rid of that mucus and tar. A lot of people including myself coughed for a couple of weeks after starting to vape, but you can't blame it all on the vape.The body is trying to get rid off all the muck in the lungs.

If he is serious about quitting, he has to give it a fair shot and understand that coughing can be part of the process. How long was he smoking for? How much tar and crap build up does he have on his lungs ? ......... How long will it take his lungs to clear.?

Great news ..... It was a technical buggerup!!!!

He just phoned me - He took the coil out and reinserted it. Works 100% now.

Learned something new again. I had no idea reinserting a coil could fix a problem like this.

I am also in the process of putting down the smokes with the help of vaping. I also experience a lot of coughing, all of your advice really helped me a lot. Thanks so much guys

Back