Fake international e-liquid - beware

Vaperite South Africa

Because Quality is Everything
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
There are a lot of fake international e-liquid being sold at various outlets around South Africa but mainly at China malls such as Amalgam south of Joburg.

Brands include VGod and Vape Breakfast Classics. How do you know if it is fake? Firstly, if the price for a 60ml bottle is less than half of what reputable vendors charge for the same e-liquid, then it is fake. Secondly, look at the packaging and if it has a cheap and frayed look to it then it is also an indicator.

With fake juice, not only will the flavour profile not match the real thing, but you can be guaranteed that the ingredients are of a low and questionable quality.

IMG_0802.JPG

Last edited:
We have the exact same issue in the cape....What makes it more crappy is that people are buying in bulk and reselling to make a profit....sadly theres not much we can do about it other than educate the ones buying the juice

I wanted to know more on these chinese juices in the picture above.. are they harmful? coz they very cheap compared to other juices and was wondering how do they make their profit? and also because its so cheap, what are its ingredients? Too cheap can be dangerous:SOOSICK:

I completely agree with @vicTor , never understood what makes readymade juices so expensive when the ingredients are comparatively cheap.
but labs and overheads and salaries and and and, although it does not justify the price in the diy'ers eyes, every business wants to make profit and grow and employ more people and clearly there is a market for eliquid... so there.

but labs and overheads and salaries and and and, although it does not justify the price in the diy'ers eyes, every business wants to make profit and grow and employ more people and clearly there is a market for eliquid... so there.
Agreed but the profit margin are rediculously high.
Until a competitor enters the market with real low prices, the high prices will remain high.
Something similar happened recently in the telecom industry in India. A competitor named "reliance" entered the market and slashed the prices of internet and phone calls. You won't believe that now u get unlimited calls and 20gb -4g internet for R100(500rs in Indian currency)!!!
The true costs of concentrates is only a fraction of what we actually pay. If one buys in bulk and mass produces these juices it will be a lot more cost effective.

Last edited:
Until a competitor enters the market with real low prices, the high prices will remain high.

There are some eliquid around that are priced really well a few that come to mind is all day Vapes, vape king brand, Racc City Vapes and Opus.

Then there are always sales happening around somewhere so if you shop around one can always find decent prices.

R150 for 60ml I don't find badly priced when you compare diy to around R2 a ml when mixed with Nic you paying around R120 for 60ml . So R30 more and I can get ready made juice in a bottle and steeped.

This is one of the reasons I gave up diy , it was costing me a bit less than buying commercial or more (first rule x5) to mix plus taking up my valuable time.

Last edited:
There are some eliquid around that are priced really well a few that come to mind is all day Vapes, vape king brand, Racc City Vapes and Opus.

Then there are always sales happening around somewhere so if you shop around one can always find decent prices.

R150 for 60ml I don't find badly priced when you compare diy to around R2 a ml when mixed with Nic you paying around R120 for 60ml . So R30 more and I can get ready made juice in a bottle and steeped.

This is one of the reasons I have up diy , it was costing me a bit less than buying commercial or more (first rule x5) to mix plus taking up my valuable time.
Gonna have to disagree here mate, not on the pricing on certain juices but on the Diy. R26 a 30ml and that may just be over pricing it still...this of course may change depending on the flavour house you choose, but then again I normally find that the more expensive ones are also the stronger flavoured ones so shouldn't really effect it that much.
In my humble opinion, the problem with pricing has to do with the way local juice gets pushed. I am yet to stand in a Vape shop and find that when someone asks about juice, the 1st suggestion is a local juice.

Gonna have to disagree here mate, not on the pricing on certain juices but on the Diy. R26 a 30ml and that may just be over pricing it still...this of course may change depending on the flavour house you choose, but then again I normally find that the more expensive ones are also the stronger flavoured ones so shouldn't really effect it that much.
In my humble opinion, the problem with pricing has to do with the way local juice gets pushed. I am yet to stand in a Vape shop and find that when someone asks about juice, the 1st suggestion is a local juice.

You do have a point, in the current diy scene prices have dropped alot too recently, but about 6 months back it was costing me around R2 a ml of juice.

I go through around 300ml of juice a month that's R1050 a month (normal priced juice and not juice on special). I was waisting much more on cigs, so I don't mind paying that.

Don't get me wrong I do like diy aswell but, to me my time is worth more than spending it making juice and the same goes with making coils.

But these are all my own personal views and options, and in no way is it the right or wrong way . There is no right or wrong in the vaping journey unless one is using a tampon or pubes as a means of wicking then that's just wrong :-D

Last edited:
You do have a point in the current diy scene. Prices in diy have dropped alot too recently but about 6 months it was costing me around R2 a ml of juice.

I go through around 300ml of juice a month that's R1050 a month (normal prices juice and not on special) I was waisting much more on cigs so I don't mind paying that.

Don't get me wrong I do like diy aswell but to me my time is worth more than spending it making juice and the same goes with making coils.

But these are all my own personal views and options and in no way is it the right or wrong way . There is no right or wrong in the vaping journey unless one is using a tampon or pubes as a means of wicking then that's just wrong :-D
A tampon should hold juice pretty well....mmmm....hehehe, brilliant response that mate, sitting here laughing like an idiot and can't explain to my kid why I'm laughing....:-D:-D:-D:-D

I wanted to know more on these chinese juices in the picture above.. are they harmful? coz they very cheap compared to other juices and was wondering how do they make their profit? and also because its so cheap, what are its ingredients? Too cheap can be dangerous:SOOSICK:

What pic are you referring to @yaasir? The one at the beginning of the thread? I don't see any Chinese juices there - all that I see are well-known brands - or fakes of well-known brands.

Something similar happened recently in the telecom industry in India. A competitor named "reliance" entered the market and slashed the prices of internet and phone calls. You won't believe that now u get unlimited calls and 20gb -4g internet for R100(500rs in Indian currency)!!!
The true costs of concentrates is only a fraction of what we actually pay. If one buys in bulk and mass produces these juices it will be a lot more cost effective.

@Faiyaz Cheulkar @BLING is a competitor with mods and it looks like they could be a competitor with juice too, if their negotiations in the USA are successful. See my post here https://www.ecigssa.co.za/bling-vape-co.t48462/page-12

What pic are you referring to @yaasir? The one at the beginning of the thread? I don't see any Chinese juices there - all that I see are well-known brands - or fakes of well-known brands.
This is exactly the problem @Hooked , they are faked so well that the only way to know they are fake beforehand is by checking the price. And it's spreading. In my little 1 horse town I found a shop last week selling Cuttwood juices for R59 a bottle. Thank goodness that the only Vaper in this town, makes his own liquids.

This is exactly the problem @Hooked , they are faked so well that the only way to know they are fake beforehand is by checking the price. And it's spreading. In my little 1 horse town I found a shop last week selling Cuttwood juices for R59 a bottle. Thank goodness that the only Vaper in this town, makes his own liquids.

And who could that be, I wonder? Seriously though, no experienced vaper would buy a well-known brand for R59 - they would know that it's a fake. However, newbies wouldn't be any the wiser !

And who could that be, I wonder? Seriously though, no experienced vaper would buy a well-known brand for R59 - they would know that it's a fake. However, newbies wouldn't be any the wiser !
I was 1 of them a few months ago. Bought Pink Lemonade at China Mall. 120ml R60. Smelled fantastic, looked like a premium juice and cheap. Dumped the whole bottle before I reached my car. Nice bottle to remix in though, still use it...so silver lining. Lol

I was 1 of them a few months ago. Bought Pink Lemonade at China Mall. 120ml R60. Smelled fantastic, looked like a premium juice and cheap. Dumped the whole bottle before I reached my car. Nice bottle to remix in though, still use it...so silver lining. Lol

I bought a bottle of juice called Amaren (from a reputable shop) - never heard of the brand before. Ghastly taste, fantastic smell. So I added it to my room freshener - those big bowls that you fill with water then add a few drops of scented liquid.

That my dear friends is why I jumped on the DIY wagon- do my own mixes and know it's ''THE REAL THING'';)

I bought a bottle of juice called Amaren (from a reputable shop) - never heard of the brand before. Ghastly taste, fantastic smell. So I added it to my room freshener - those big bowls that you fill with water then add a few drops of scented liquid.
Interesting... does it actually work? is the flavor concentration high enough?

Regards

Not wanting to start an argument but comparing costs of DIY to that of commercially made juice is somewhat unfair. Not saying juice is not expensive but one has to compare facts.

I DIY about 600ml of juice per month. In total i spend about 8 hours per month on mixing DIY ADV's and experimenting with new mixes. I do so at home, after work. Total cost are in the form of base and concentrate liquids only.

Were I to do this for a living say 186 hours per month, I would need to add an income for myself to these costs. Seeing that I would be selling these commercially, I would need a clean room and most probably one much bigger than the space I now use, so add the cost of a lab with adequate controlled climate storage on top of that. Since this is now my only source of income, branding, marketing and distribution either by myself or an employee (or outsourced) becomes very important. Pile on the bills...

Transport and vendor profits.... I can carry on but think the message comes across pretty well already.

So, when a "compeditor" pops up and sells me juice at half the cost of the genuine article, I wonder where did they cut their overheads to do so. No clean room? Child labor? Ingredients stored in a shed? Do they even clean their equipment and bottles? Those savings can not be achieved by stealing branding from an existing product alone.

Cheap juice... Aikona!

Regards

@Hooked this must be the weirdest yet so clever thing I've ever heard someone do with a bad tasting juice. :eek:

Back