Flavour concentrates - Other uses

TechnoSnakeMan

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Not sure if this has been posted before but my apologies in advance if another similar thread already exists.

Whilst it is obvious that most of us that are into DIY use concentrates solely for our delicious ejuice creations, I am sure I am not the only one occasionally using it to flavour actual food, drinks, etc.

Many may see this as a waste but for me it adds another dimension to experimenting and trying something new. I may be wrong but I am assuming this is safe with most if not all concentrates considering they are marketed as food grade anyway.

I have tried the following which I really enjoyed:

TFA Coconut Extra
  • 1 drop per 100ml in energy drinks. Tried with Monster and cheaper energy drinks and both turned out great.
  • 1 drop per 100ml in vanilla ice cream.
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
  • 2 drops per 100ml in milk tea or coffee.
TFA Pistachio
  • 1 drop per 100ml vanilla ice cream

I am soon to try some in plain yogurts and maybe even brave giving it a try in some desserts.

I am very keen to hear from anyone else that may be experimenting in this way. Which concentrates are you using in which foods/drinks and in what quantities?

Not sure if this has been posted before but my apologies in advance if another similar thread already exists.

Whilst it is obvious that most of us that are into DIY use concentrates solely for our delicious ejuice creations, I am sure I am not the only one occasionally using it to flavour actual food, drinks, etc.

Many may see this as a waste but for me it adds another dimension to experimenting and trying something new. I may be wrong but I am assuming this is safe with most if not all concentrates considering they are marketed as food grade anyway.

I have tried the following which I really enjoyed:

TFA Coconut Extra
  • 1 drop per 100ml in energy drinks. Tried with Monster and cheaper energy drinks and both turned out great.
  • 1 drop per 100ml in vanilla ice cream.
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
  • 2 drops per 100ml in milk tea or coffee.
TFA Pistachio
  • 1 drop per 100ml vanilla ice cream

I am soon to try some in plain yogurts and maybe even brave giving it a try in some desserts.

I am very keen to hear from anyone else that may be experimenting in this way. Which concentrates are you using in which foods/drinks and in what quantities?
How safe is this?

I have been thinking about now and now I think I HAVE to give it a go!

Do steep times still count? lol

How safe is this?

As far as I know most concentrates used in ejuice actually originate from the food industry anyway. Their primary purpose is to flavour food/drink for oral consumption. This from TFA:

" The Flavor Apprentice carries over 250 professional flavor concentrates that can be used in a wide variety of flavoring applications."

"Inhalation of flavor chemical blends by use of electronic cigarettes is a popular and more chemically pure alternative to traditional tobacco smoking. However, please note that this use of flavors is a relatively new practice, and has not been safety-tested by any official organizations. Therefore, we are not able to guarantee that any flavor is safe for this use. This would also be true for any other flavor manufacturer. There are no companies that can guarantee that any flavor is safe for long-term use. There has just not been enough time to do this kind of testing."

Imagine RY4 Ice Cream :MEEH: or RY4 flavoured sweets/bubblegum with nicotene.

Despite TFA's disclaimer I think its obvious that some flavours were created for the vaping industry.

I scored some pretty potent flavourings used by Tiger Brands and Bakers however they appear to be oil based so no go on those ;(

Imagine RY4 Ice Cream :MEEH: or RY4 flavoured sweets/bubblegum with nicotene.

Despite TFA's disclaimer I think its obvious that some flavours were created for the vaping industry.

I scored some pretty potent flavourings used by Tiger Brands and Bakers however they appear to be oil based so no go on those ;(

they need to be pg based.

My mind is blown right now

Well, take local SA concentrates as an example. We have Clyrolinx, Pirates Grog, Loco, Vapeowave, Vapour Mountain and Cloud Burst at least, and there may be more. Do you think there are enough SA DIYers/juice manufacturers to sustain at least six local concentrate manufacturers with all their R&D costs, operational inputs, packaging and branding costs, etc? Especially when most SA DIYers use international brands like TFA, FA, FW, Cap, Inw? I'd be surprised if vaping represents as much as 5% of the total business done by local flavour manufacturers.

i use flavours for my coffee and home made ice creams and they divine...pistachio ry4 ice cream was to die for
RY4 in icecream? well it didn't steep so maybe the tobacco flavour didn't come out yet.

@RichJB from my investigations it seems the local flavours are primarily produced for flavouring food, they are not manufactured with the intent on supplying the e-juice community. We just lucky that we can use them - the same applies to most international flavour producers actually, they too were intended for food flavouring.

Yesterday there was no milk at home and i really wanted coffee. So if i went with about 4% TFA dairy milk in my coffee that would be good?

RY4 in icecream? well it didn't steep so maybe the tobacco flavour didn't come out yet.

@RichJB from my investigations it seems the local flavours are primarily produced for flavouring food, they are not manufactured with the intent on supplying the e-juice community. We just lucky that we can use them - the same applies to most international flavour producers actually, they too were intended for food flavouring.

2 week steep preblend...ry4 double so sweeter than ry4.. i have weird tastes @NewOobY

serious...not like ry4 double vape strenght but a touch just to bring out the pistachio more..so effectively more of a caramel effect at low %

Wow man. Interesting

I may just have an aversion to RY4 due a bad experience when I just started DIY. Single flavour RY4 Double close to 20% and shaked and vaped it. To this day any RY4 juice tastes like burnt plastic to me. Wish there was a way to make my mind forget the taste and start over!

Back